Tidbits: Series talk: Wild vs. Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bruce can't get redemption in game 7 in this round... if he gets a game 7 redemption, it would have to come against the Ducks or Caps in game 7.

That said... I voted Wild in 6.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm just going to say this right now, because if we lose this series, you damn well know some people are going to hop on Yeo's bandwagon again saying how we should have kept him. So here it is...

Should we lose this round, I'm still glad we got rid of Yeo. I would take BB 10 times out of 10....with the exception of March, he got this team to soar in so many departments. He believed in the kids. He favored nobody. And he made the games a lot more fun to watch. Glad we got him.

It's a damn shame that many in the media will try to make it a Yeo vs. Wild thing.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Obviously not since I got the original quote BEFORE your edit. ;)

bkms6ifdnwpy.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm just going to say this right now, because if we lose this series, you damn well know some people are going to hop on Yeo's bandwagon again saying how we should have kept him. So here it is...

Should we lose this round, I'm still glad we got rid of Yeo. I would take BB 10 times out of 10....with the exception of March, he got this team to soar in so many departments. He believed in the kids. He favored nobody. And he made the games a lot more fun to watch. Glad we got him.

It's a damn shame that many in the media will try to make it a Yeo vs. Wild thing.
People will make it a Yeo vs Wild thing because we just fired him a season ago. Just like if the Habs/Bruins matchup in the playoffs, it will be all about the coaches.

I'm not worried about who says what. The proof is in the regular season pudding already who was the better coaching fit for this team. The Wild are on the verge of setting a franchise record in points on the season with virtually the same roster. Yes Staal helped, but he wasn't the difference between 87pts and 104+.

That said... the Wild SHOULD win this series. If the team plays like they are capable of playing, there's not much Yeo and the Blues can do about it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
People will make it a Yeo vs Wild thing because we just fired him a season ago. Just like if the Habs/Bruins matchup in the playoffs, it will be all about the coaches.

I'm not worried about who says what. The proof is in the regular season pudding already who was the better coaching fit for this team. The Wild are on the verge of setting a franchise record in points on the season with virtually the same roster. Yes Staal helped, but he wasn't the difference between 87pts and 104+.

That said... the Wild SHOULD win this series. If the team plays like they are capable of playing, there's not much Yeo and the Blues can do about it.
Thirty-plus years of being a Minnesota sports' fan....I just think it would be so typical to blow this series. I could see the Blues in 6 games. We're finding our feet again, but the Blues are pretty hot right now. It'll come down to goaltending. Dubs needs to start making the big saves again, while the defense also has to get their **** together consistently.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thirty-plus years of being a Minnesota sports' fan....I just think it would be so typical to blow this series. I could see the Blues in 6 games. We're finding our feet again, but the Blues are pretty hot right now. It'll come down to goaltending. Dubs needs to start making the big saves again, while the defense also has to get their **** together consistently.
Almost 40yrs here as a Minnesota sports fan and I'm not so pessimistic.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
We have a better team. Blues aren't what they once were - no Oshie, Backes, Shattenkirk and maybe Statsny - but they can still defend. All will come down to Dubynk. Wild should carry the play

Slow Motion

Jun 1, 2014
I'm terrible at series predictions, but if we can exploit the Blues lack of depth on the blue line by getting it deep and making Pietrangelo work hard for everything (Yeo has been giving him Suter-like minutes down the stretch, so hopefully that becomes a factor) I like our chances. And the exchanging of Vanek ("with the turnover") for Staal is a big reason to feel better about our chances than last year. Allen is much like Kuemper with regards to confidence, so if we can light him up early I like the Wild in fewer than seven, if Allen is allowed to be confident, I still like us to win, but probably goes to a seventh game. I'm nothing if not indecisive :)

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

This. Exactly.

Hopefully playoff-Haula shows up.

Playoff Scandella of a few years ago would be nice as well. Don't recall exactly what year it was, but he was a beast.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Losing this series would be tough to swallow. For multiple, obvious reasons.

But I think we take it. Wild in 5.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I really don't think this will be an easy series for either team. Mike Yeo teams that can defend and have good depth do well in the playoffs, as we've seen first hand. I think this series is going to seven games, and I'll favor the Wild, because even imagining the Blues winning it makes my stomach hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->