Tidbits: Series talk: Wild vs. Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Anybody else feel like Granny has regressed a little in these playoffs? Like, he's frustrated by the blue-pylons, defense-only garbage, so he's gone back to how he played last year. I've noticed a few times where he gains the zone, but instead of driving to the net like he's done all year, he'll immediately skate backwards into the corner trying to set up the trailing guy, without even trying to get it on net.

The St. Louis Blues are keying their top defenders against him... this is a first for Granlund in the playoffs, and a good learning experience for him.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I hope that BB uses Dumba and Brodin on the PP together more in game 5, they looked way better moving the puck than Super did, I thought Suter had a rough game 4, especially on the pp.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought Pommer has has been misused this series until G4. Putting him on the 4th line with guys he has no real experience with was a mistake. Then matching that line up against a physical 4th line of the the Blues? That is the recipe for disaster with Pommer. He needs to be with some scorers that he can feed the puck to, or someone net front to cash in his rebounds.

Would rather have White or Graovac out there as a 4th line grinder than Pommer getting hit and disappearing the rest of the game.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Of course I want the Wild to win the series, knowing how tall of an order that is, but I really want to see this at least go to Game 7 just to keep the "Boudreau vs. Game 7" narrative alive.

:popcorn:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Oh man, the drama would be so big...Yeo coming back again, Blues trying to remove choker label, Wild the comeback kids, home crowd going insane. Would be the first ever home Game 7 right?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Oh man, the drama would be so big...Yeo coming back again, Blues trying to remove choker label, Wild the comeback kids, home crowd going insane. Would be the first ever home Game 7 right?

I believe so! Would be fun to put our 3-0 Game 7 record to the test in this series!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Of course I want the Wild to win the series, knowing how tall of an order that is, but I really want to see this at least go to Game 7 just to keep the "Boudreau vs. Game 7" narrative alive.

:popcorn:

GDT should just be this:

ms4A0f6.png

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I'll tell you this right now, Yeo will have a hell of a time selling his system to the Blues if they have to face an offensive wizard like McDavid.

We always collapsed against the Hawks because Kane just has that extra little bit of creativity to dismantle the 'Yeo Fortress'.

Then, when the players are frustrated because they are defending; rather than attempting to score more, he further belts his system down their throats.

I realize we don't have a Kane on our team, but if we score enough (a task, no doubt), we may begin to see the yeobots revolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->