Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is 100% on lack of interest to win

Agreed.

Still can't believe the start of the last game... How Suter and Zucker were so asleep on the 2 on 2... you'd think being down 2 games in the series would spur their assess yet they just casually have up the space and Suter lazily swiped his stick out, not even seriously trying to challenge a thing.

Where's the aggression, the desperation, the "I will not go quietly into the off-season" attitude?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Koivu's an UFA in 2018-19, so we'll see what happens.

Personally, I think he's a good leader.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Koivu's an UFA in 2018-19, so we'll see what happens.

Personally, I think he's a good leader.

He is a good leader. Mikko's been the captain here for 8 years, has the respect of all of his teammates, and captains his country during international tournaments. He's more than qualified to be our captain, and is the most qualified guy on our team to be captain.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
He is a good leader. Mikko's been the captain here for 8 years, has the respect of all of his teammates, and captains his country during international tournaments. He's more than qualified to be our captain, and is the most qualified guy on our team to be captain.

Huh? You do realize Parise has been a captain in basically every facet he's played in: to include Olympics and has Captained a team to the SCF.

Not getting into this argument but that is a preposterous statement to say no one else is qualified.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Huh? You do realize Parise has been a captain in basically every facet he's played in: to include Olympics and has Captained a team to the SCF.

Not getting into this argument but that is a preposterous statement to say no one else is qualified.

Well to be fair, he didn't really say that. Just said that Mikko is the "most" qualified. Which I think is certainly a valid stance.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If we win tomorrow, we go back home. If we can finally hold serve in our barn, we go back to Missouri with momentum and with a seed of doubt planted pretty deep in the Blues' psyche. Win Game 6, and I think we got this :)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
IIRC, I got laid after the 2nd by random happenstance and after the fourth I ate ghost pepper wings and didn't get heartburn.

Harry-Potter-Hagrid-Youre-A-Wizard-Harry.gif

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA

I never said no one else is qualified...

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Watching other teams like Nashville and Edmonton play, you can see that fire in their play. They want to win.

The little things they do are things that the Wild don't do. The difference in level of play between the Wild and those teams is staggering.

Backstrom/Kuemper were never given their chance in the playoff games when it mattered. The fact is that some guys can actually RAISE their level of play.

Backstrom had a chance in 2013, then his age became a factor in pre-game warmups for Game 1 and he tweaked a muscle and was out for the rest of the series, forcing Harding to become starter.

I think we all know what happened with Backstrom after that.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I remember Yeo riding Backstrom so deep into the ground in the regular season that he awoke shadow and flame in the darkness of Khazad-dum.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Dubnyk is not the problem in this series. He's let in exactly two goals in all three games. A GAA of 2.00 is more than should be expected of a playoff goalie. Dubnyk is doing his ****ing job, which is more than can be said for a lot of remainder of the team.

The failure is in the Wild's inability or unwillingness to get the lead out of their ass and score some ****ing goals on Allen. They're not getting in his face, getting in his head with physicality, not doing the little things to tweak him just the right way to make him go a little off kilter.

I'm not saying pull a Kreider or anything, but the Wild should not be afraid of making contact with him or getting up in his business. Hell, blatantly interfere with him and let the waived off goal add to what should be growing anxiety.

This series has just been a ludicrous display thus far.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Dubnyk is not the problem in this series. He's let in exactly two goals in all three games. A GAA of 2.00 is more than should be expected of a playoff goalie. Dubnyk is doing his ****ing job, which is more than can be said for a lot of remainder of the team.

The failure is in the Wild's inability or unwillingness to get the lead out of their ass and score some ****ing goals on Allen. They're not getting in his face, getting in his head with physicality, not doing the little things to tweak him just the right way to make him go a little off kilter.

I'm not saying pull a Kreider or anything, but the Wild should not be afraid of making contact with him or getting up in his business. Hell, blatantly interfere with him and let the waived off goal add to what should be growing anxiety.

This series has just been a ludicrous display thus far.

The Wild aren't just afraid of Allen, they're clearly afraid of the Blues' defensemen and Russo even stated as much on KFAN yesterday. They can't just skate past them without taking a shot and it's got them altering their zone entry and net presence. Russo specifically brought up the play on Sunday where Granlund, Stewart and Spurgeon were all behind the net with the Blues all lined up in front of Allen. The Wild are scared of taking the bruises in front of the net and the Blues are perfectly fine letting them play that way.

I just see a Wild team that keeps playing the exact way that Yeo wants them to play and they haven't been able to counterpunch Yeo's strategy through 3 games. We don't stand a chance of winning a game until we stop playing into Yeo's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad