Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Never should have done away with the names of the divisions and conferences, they made the NHL so unique in that sense

I really miss the old division names. The East/West thing and bland division names is so pedestrian. Those old names were a nod to the league's heritage and made the NHL special.

Reactions: Aethon

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

so-beautiful.gif

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Guys...I'm really excited about this team. They've come together and are playing for each other. I think we will surprise some people. It all hinges on Kinkaid keeping up his superb play.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just so you all know, for the next 2 weeks or so, I have to live in enemy territory and already this morning the local media is acting like the Lightning are ready for Round 2 of the playoffs. Man, I hope the Lightning are taking us even half as lightly as the experts in the media because we aren’t going to be a pushover team.

Reactions: My3Sons

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I was looking at tickets in Tampa and this is actually still a thing they do:

"Chase Club and Lexus Lounge ticket holders: Please note that for all 2018 NHL Playoff Games at Amalie Arena, only Tampa Bay Lightning-branded team apparel (or neutral apparel) will be permitted in these clubs and in the adjoining seating areas. Fans wearing visiting team-branded apparel will be asked to remove such apparel while in these areas."

Can't believe they still get away with this.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

"Chase Club and Lexus Lounge ticket holders: Please note that for all 2018 NHL Playoff Games at Amalie Arena, only Tampa Bay Lightning-branded team apparel (or neutral apparel) will be permitted in these clubs and in the adjoining seating areas. Fans wearing visiting team-branded apparel will be asked to remove such apparel while in these areas."

It's the Seinfeld episode with Elaine and the Orioles hat all over again. :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

My friend lives down there and is a huge Devils fan. A friend of his has tickets and asked if he wants to go to one of the home games, and told him that the arena has a rule against wearing the opposing teams colors at ANY playoff game.

My friends just going to wear a hoodie with a Devils shirt under it.

Gotta be honest i would not be against this if we were playing a division rival like either NY teams or the Flyers.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
My friend lives down there and is a huge Devils fan. A friend of his has tickets and asked if he wants to go to one of the home games, and told him that the arena has a rule against wearing the opposing teams colors at ANY playoff game.

forgot about that. that thoroughly annoys me. wish there was a devils logo in blue to wear, just to circumvent that rule

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
It's a club seat only rule, so it's not quite so draconian since it's only a few hundred seats. Wonder if you could just dress up in a devil costume and if that would still count against the rule?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Norris
Detroit, Toronto Chicago Minnesota, St Louis.

And the Smythe Edmonton,Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver, LA

The best part was 4 got in the playoffs for each Division with 5 teams...

The Patrick was the only Division with 6 teams.

When I used to tell people I liked hockey they would joke endlessly about every team making the playoffs. And I never got the joke because I always thought that was great.

Edit:. That's also why I take Roy's playoffs totals with a grain of salt. A division with Boston, Montreal, Quebec, Hartford and Buffalo meant Montreal or Boston was going to the conference finals every year.

like the blues' 3 straight free passes to the final after the '67 expansion west conference of all expansion teams,

f***ing ridickulous alignment

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just so you all know, for the next 2 weeks or so, I have to live in enemy territory and already this morning the local media is acting like the Lightning are ready for Round 2 of the playoffs. Man, I hope the Lightning are taking us even half as lightly as the experts in the media because we aren’t going to be a pushover team.
Even if we win, the narrative will be how the Lightning 'didn't take us seriously' rather than us playing well.

Reactions: glenwo2

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Something to keep in mind re: Tampa

Vasilevskiy has been legitimately bad the 2nd half of the season. Since January 1, he has a .905 SV% and 3.20 GAA
That’s nearly Schneider bad. Definitely an equalizer. How hilarious would it be if they blast us with 50 shots every game but lose because their goalie poops the bed?

Reactions: Blender

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Gotta be honest i would not be against this if we were playing a division rival like either NY teams or the Flyers.

It's not an arena wide thing, only some premium seating areas.

But yeah it's bush league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad