Pre-Game Talk: Series Preview: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Devils didn’t have Grabner or maroon or a healthy mojo until the final game with them.

People forget last time the devils had catchy t shirts made up we went to the finals.

Swarm it up baby

Reactions: nugg and Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
B106D346-57D9-4B72-A9F9-F1389A0560B8.jpeg

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
****, i keep forgetting there are those of us born mid 70s that remember actually watching those divisions play it out.

that was a great time …cant forget the chuck norris division when the leafs were essentially a western confrence team

edit……posting this for memories

watch at half speed ….better to absorb the info

Pause and zoom in @ 1.00 min mark... what is going on with Utah there?

Edit: that’s salt lake lol

I was like what Utah had a team I didn’t know about

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Would have preferred Washington, but TB is better than having to play Boston IMO. We don't match up well with Boston at all. Since January 1st:

Since January 1st on 5 on 5:
Tampa Bay - 26-15-3
51.11 CF% (11th in League), 51.14 FF% (9th in league), 110 GF, 92 GA, 51.64 SCF% (9th in league), 53.51% HDCF% (5th in League)

New Jersey - 22-19-3
49.59 CF% (15th in League), 50.06 FF% (15th in league), 81 GF, 93 GA, 49.95 SCF% (18th in league), 51.70 HDCF% (10th in league)

TB hasn't been world beaters like they were in the beginning of the season. We have a chance, but we got to play a strong possession game and hope Kinkaid steps up. We can't play like we did 10-15 games ago where we got outshot and Kinkaid stood on his head. That won't work against a team like TB. Got to play a strong physical game. Hope we deploy our best players in that regard.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I'm actually pretty confident we can make some noise in this series. Surprised the main board isn't even giving us a chance. If Tampa does end up winning, it will be a long, hard fought series.

LGD!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm actually pretty confident we can make some noise in this series. Surprised the main board isn't even giving us a chance. If Tampa does end up winning, it will be a long, hard fought series.

LGD!

Can you blame them? Some of our own fans aren’t giving us a chance.

Sure we are the underdogs, but that doesn’t mean we can’t skate with these guys.

Reactions: Palpatine

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Super Stoked! This is dope!! 5 long years.

I want to give props to Lou, because his parting gift was epic! (Ray Freaking Shero)..

The Devils are not suppose to even be here?! Have fun and wreak havoc. I don’t fear Tampa. Devils beat them when they were hot and not. They added people, Devils add people. Speaking of Team dynamics, no articles mention lossing Palmieri, Zajac, Johansson, Mueller,or Schneider but that Lightning slump is because of injuries. I think the Devils are miss leading. Devils might of been battling for first if wasn’t for the 3/4 games the refs rob and healthier team.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
saturday's are for the boys... so we know we are going to split in tampa.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If Tampa takes a 1-0 lead in the 1st Period of Game 1, you'll eclipse 3 right then.

I'm gonna take "Hynes is an idiot. We could have played the Pens or Caps if he hadn't started that loser Cory and rested players. He should be fired as soon the series ends" on the hot take board.

Reactions: OmNomNom

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I know it's kind of an obvious thing, but goaltending is going to be key. Kinkaid has been hot down the stretch, while Vasilevsky has been rather cold. Hopefully Kinkaid can avoid the early goal thing, because coming back in the regular season is one thing, doing it in the playoffs is another.

My head tells me Tampa wins this, probably in 6 games. My heart says we continue to confound the "experts" and upset Tampa in 7 games.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I think this is going to be a great series. Both teams play with so much speed, and Vasilevsky hasn't been playing his best.

There's going to be lots of goals, and I'd be surprised if we don't win at least a couple games.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
I really hope the team gets a viewing party together for game 1 or game 2. I think I’m going to Jersey City for an dinner with my kiddos on Saturday. Any suggestions for a place to watch the game beforehand?

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Ugh can’t believe there’s a game on golf channel. I’ll be traveling for work on Wed. Really hope my hotel gets the channel

Any idea if NHL TV works for the playoffs? I had a subscription during the season

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Apparently Tampa Bay’s weakness is the PK.

Therefore New Jersey’s success in the series could fall on the shoulders of a Geoff Ward’s lead power play.

Butcher could be the key to defeating Tampa.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I don't think I've seen any more positivity in a thread then this one. Let me take it down a notch.

TB will crush us. (just kidding, Devils in 6 baybay)

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’ve got a good feeling about this series. I can’t wait to see how Hall comes out and plays in the playoffs.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I think if our offense can be as potent as it's been and put plenty of rubber Vasilevskiy's way, we have a better chance then people are going to give us credit for. God, it's going to be a long 3 days. :cry:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ugh can’t believe there’s a game on golf channel. I’ll be traveling for work on Wed. Really hope my hotel gets the channel

Any idea if NHL TV works for the playoffs? I had a subscription during the season
But isn't hockey merely golf on ice? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->