Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Round 1 - Kings @ Oilers II: The Rematch

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I don't think there's anything wrong with being superstitious but some posters here got absolutely blasted for saying something they supposedly shouldn't have said. It was in regards to a shutout. One poster in particular said something and was trolled to hell afterwards. I haven't seen him post since. That's not cool.

Yeah, it's weird.

people also bring up Jack and Louie "jinxing" all the time in the gdt's and I always find it kinda strange.

It's okay to be superstitious, I guess...but, like, Jack's "jinxing statements" are also just... statements of fact. and that's how I always viewed them and I guess that's why I'm never bothered.

And again, It's okay to not like that style of commentary, I suppose. but some of the posts that pop up are kinda wild.

same goes for posters. It's hard to say how many people actually "believe" in the jinx stuff, and part of the response to the poster "jinxing" Skinner's shutout was surely just people having fun with it, but some of it was also a bit much. haha.

Anyway. none if it really matters since we'll all have Singh to do his patented whisper shout and voice crack at us instead.

I'm prepared.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Leon has bad posture lol.

Second tallest out of the 4, somehow looks the shortest when sitting down.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Less than 24hrs till puck drop of game 1! LFG!
giphy.gif

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
The only thing I'm pissed about are these ridiculous start times! When will the NHL fix this sh!t and quit being biased towards the East! It's ridiculous!

Anyhow..

Go Oil!

Last edited:

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
Im sure this has been posted at least once before in this thread, but we are getting close, and this video is the best hype vid Ive seen for this playoffs. The guy has barely any subscribers, so hopefully someone here hasnt seen this beauty yet.

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
For those talking about "revenge series" I give you the 98 through 2003 EDM DAL "rivalry" where the more talented Stars beat the Oilers for fun. No doubt after each defeat the Oilers were bitter and angry, eager to take on the Stars to get "revenge." The problem: the Stars were more talented and just as committed.
Best (ie. worst) part about that was Hitchcock going on and on about how good the Oilers were before each series began. I think I would have preferred something a little more honest, like, "We're about to kick the s*** out of you because we're that much better."

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

The Oilers should really have Tony Brar conduct their long-form interviews. He is the far more articulate Oilers PR staffer whose questioning is succinct and very insightful. Brar also laps the Edmonton media with his direct, well thought out questioning. Impressive guy who keeps getting better.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think this might be Toronto's year. I have a feeling they are going to win one series this year.
I hate to admit it but they do have a very solid lineup. I fully expect them to be playing Boston in the 2nd round.

That said I hope I'm completely wrong and they dont make it to the 2nd round. :D

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Did Fiala or Vilardi make the trip to Edmonton?
Vilardi was in a red no contact practice jersey and Fiala hasn't even been on the ice. It's possible Vilardi might be able to go later on in the series but I doubt Fiala will be able to. I think he's done for the season. Me thinks he's there to just support the team. Unless the Kings are trying to swerve us. lol

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

This is behind a paywall? That's pretty bad.
Also I thought we were not putting ads on our uniforms. I saw Skip last game on the helmets.

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
Kings lines in practice today:

Byfield – Kopitar – Kempe
Moore – Danault – Arvidsson
Iafallo – Lizotte – Kaliyev
Grundstrom – Kupari – Anderson-Dolan / MacEwen
Laferriere – Vilardi (red)

Anderson – Doughty
Gavrikov – Roy
Edler – Durzi – Walker

Copley / Korpisalo

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed 100%
Im dead against this BS . Fuking hate when people go fishing for racism when its not there and they are trying to bait people in. U r doing more harm then good with this BS.
ARe we not allowed to have an opinion in this new world without being labelled a racist? I
Kudos to you for calling out that BS. :nod:

Reactions: Biltmore

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
The only thing I'm pissed about are these ridiculous start times! When will the NHL fix this sh!t and quit being biased towards the East! It's ridiculous!

:nod:
Well the one positive thing about a late start is the fans will have lots of time to be liquored and pumped up and extra loud :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad