Pre-Game Talk: Series discussion: NYR vs MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
31, my problem with that analysis is that it's using regular season stats. The Rangers were not a good possession team in the last series. I have to think their possession stats through two rounds haven't been 50%.

You didn't have a problem with it prior to the playoffs, and the Pens were not a good possession team all season, so what of it?

Wolfy*

wow...those numbers certainly don't lie. And it's been exactly 20 years.

The cup has to be ours this year, it's the will of the hockey gods :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You didn't have a problem with it prior to the playoffs, and the Pens were not a good possession team all season, so what of it?

What do you mean I didn't have problem with it prior to the playoffs? I thought prior to the playoffs that the Rangers would look better possession-wise than they have. Actually they were very good for the most part in the Flyers series. Disappointed in that aspect in the Penguins series. Though I think possession numbers get skewed for the Penguins because they had so many injuries.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
A lot of Montreal fans are posting this:
10349973_10203544345831695_8169446099281188162_n.jpg
and all I'm thinking is that tonight is that last supper and tomorrow he will be crucified. ;)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is our best chance of winning the cup. 20 years since we watched it lifted by the blueshirts. I just have this feeling it's our year

They just have to SEIZE this HUGE opportunity. The Veteran leadership in the room is there in very large numbers. Playoff experience everywhere except Talbot. Richards and Marty are huge right now. Giving that very true speech about........you may NEVER GET THIS FAR AGAIN, a so called "once in a lifetime" opportunity that they have to SEIZE. Words like immortal and future fan favorites like the Richter's, Leetch's, Graves and Messier's always being mentioned because they brought NY fans a cup. Your name will be as well someday. Yes, this year is as good a time as any, and would expedite the trying to get a cup while Hank still has his "King like" playing skills and totally justifying his contract for the remainder.

All that good stuff that comes from being a Cup winner.

One negative........Sather will then be here forever. Oh wait......he's going to be anyway.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
These are the same fans who booed Stamkos after he got up from an injury in the first round. Hans fans always classy!!

Just to clear this up...the crowd booed when TBay started a scrum after stamkos went down (on an innocent play) and initially only MTL had a penalty on the board despite the Tampa players obviously roughing. It had nothing to do with stamkos at all.

Classiest fans in sport we are not but we ain't philly either.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Just to clear this up...the crowd booed when TBay started a scrum after stamkos went down (on an innocent play) and initially only MTL had a penalty on the board despite the Tampa players obviously roughing. It had nothing to do with stamkos at all.

Classiest fans in sport we are not but we ain't philly either.

You keep thinking that, I saw the game and yesssss your beloved fans pulled a philly and definitely gave it to Stamkos:shakehead

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
wow...those numbers certainly don't lie. And it's been exactly 20 years.

The cup has to be ours this year, it's the will of the hockey gods :)

Being a River Plate fan, I thought the same in 2006. We won the Copa Libertadores in '86 and '96 and in both years, we finished in the same position in the league as well.

Hockey/football/rugby gods are nasty creatures who tend to play with ones feelings

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Wanted the Habs. I believe that the Habs' dominance over us in Montreal is an anomaly and unlikely to be completely sustained over a 7 game series. We got Hank firing on all cylinders and AV knows the core of the Habs well being a former coach there. There's never been a better time for this team to exorcise their demons in Montreal.

Rangers in 6.

It's not the same core at all from when AV coached here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad