Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion - Boston vs St. Louis Part II

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It was unlikely Boston was going to lose 3 in a row...they probably would have won anyway.
I know. I think they won because their season literally depended on it. I think it’s funny that Carlo would even bring it up though, as if the PD made them try extra hard or something.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
It might sound weird but I’m honestly just sad that this amazing season/playoffs is coming to end no matter what on Wednesday.

I of course want the Blues to win but either way, what a journey it’s been!

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
It might sound weird but I’m honestly just sad that this amazing season/playoffs is coming to end no matter what on Wednesday.

My heart wants it all to end. The Blues have been real good about making my heart rate skyrocket these playoffs.

Being down 2-0 in the third period against the Jets, about to go down 3-2 in the series and heading back to Winnipeg
Being down 3-2 against the Stars going back to Dallas
Game 7 double OT against the Stars
The whole hand-pass fiasco against the Sharks
OT in game 2 against the Bruins
The whole Post-Dispatch article thing and then losing game 6

And now a game 7 in the Cup finals. I have a feeling this trend will continue and this game is going to overtime. It's been 65 years since the last time that happened, the league is long overdue for one and it's been a couple of weeks since my heart has tried leaving my chest. Although, considering this is a game 7 of the Cup finals, my heart is probably going to try to do that regardless of it goes to OT or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBlues24

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

Honestly, I'm just ready for the conclusion personally. We win or we don't at this point. No matter what, this is the most proud of the Blues I've ever been. 5 months ago this would have been a joke. Let's just see how far we get.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
ALSO, these games are ALL low scoring. The most goals ever scored by a single team in a Cup final game 7 is 4, and the average total goals for the last 7 game 7s is 3.7. I'm expecting a low scoring affair, something like 2-1, 3-1, or 3-2 with not many powerplays, and a very tight game defensively. Personally I think both of those things benefit the Blues. They want this to be a 5v5, defensive game with a low score. That's the way they play. In their 15 wins, the total amount of goals scored averages out to 4.93 and the total penalties per game average out to 5.53. In their 10 losses, the goal total averages to 6.6 and the penalty total averages to 6.1. Less goals, less penalties, less losses.

Reactions: Punished ROR

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i can see it being a decent bit of motivation in a speech if used “theyve already counted us out, lets prove them wrong” and so on

impossible to say either way, but if a player said it made a difference maybe it did.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

We don’t deserve ROR

Three guys made this season what it is.

ROR
Winnington
Berube

If I could choose any Blues players in history to suit up for G7 you are looking at my goalie, my coach and one of my top two centers I'd pick for that game.

In fact I'd pick the 18-19 squad out of every Blues squad ever to play this game. They are the squad I trust the most out of all Blues teams ever to go into that building tomorrow night, throw down 10 road wins and skate the Cup into our dreams. You cannot ask for more than that. No regrets.

I have been tempted to necro the posts from when I suggested to this board we go after ROR once he was rumored available in Colorado. He's incredible. His parents are unreal people and they raised this kid magnificently. The O'Reillys are magnificent people, really.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Cant predict any of this. One team will win. My nerves will get a break close to this time tomorrow (unless there is OT in which case I am worse off) and on Thursday I am either planning my trip to STL for the parade or I am trying to forget about hockey for about 3 months before I start to wonder how long it will be before the Blues get that far again and if it will be in my lifetime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad