Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion - Boston vs St. Louis Part II

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I was really hoping to shave tonight. Ohh well Wednesday one way or another the trimmers are coming out.

I’m glad the Blues have been a strong road team throughout the playoffs. ROR is going to be a man on fire come Wednesday.

Reactions: Bendak

BlueNoteN6

Jun 7, 2019
f*** f***ing f*** f*** f*** a duck.

F****************************K.

Whoever won this game is winning it all.

f***. f*** f*** f*** f*** f***.

I really just feel like punching 30 holes in the wall. Come out with a chance to win the cup at home, and you just lay a giant turd on the ice. f***ing unbelievable. High point of the night was Charles Glenn. Sorry the boys let you down, Charles.

Reactions: shmotz and Bendak

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Well, I'm glad it's almost over. I was hoping it would be tonight, but I think our overconfidence killed us tonight.

I'm ready to move on to summer. This has been a long season.

I think our odds of winning this thing are low on Wednesday. The PP and the home record are just not at the level of a Championship team.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I'm glad it's almost over. I was hoping it would be tonight, but I think our overconfidence killed us tonight.

I'm ready to move on to summer. This has been a long season.

I think our odds of winning this thing are low on Wednesday. The PP and the home record are just not at the level of a Championship team.
blues PP isnt even at the level of a AHL team.

pass puck to open player
player stares at puck for 5 seconds and passes it back to same player who had it
player shoots and it gets blocked and cleared

rinse and repeat

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
I honestly think they should put in Sunny and Barbashev on the power play. Sunny has a decent one-timer, and maybe some new blood would yield different results. Either that or just roll your normal lines with two defenseman.

Reactions: STL BLUES

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
**** ****ing **** **** **** a duck.

F****************************K.

Whoever won this game is winning it all.

****. **** **** **** **** ****.

I really just feel like punching 30 holes in the wall. Come out with a chance to win the cup at home, and you just lay a giant turd on the ice. ****ing unbelievable. High point of the night was Charles Glenn. Sorry the boys let you down, Charles.

The boys didn't show up tonight in numbers. Some early dumb penalties cost us. But where was 17? 91? 10? 21?

The PP is criminally bad. We will never win the Cup with a PP this bad.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
I don’t know what happened to Schwartz in this series. Knew it would be tough to sustain all that success offensively but he’s not impacting the game like we’re used to seeing, and not personally generating any high quality scoring chances.

He’s obviously a huge reason why we got here in the first place. ROR has stepped up in this series, showing that it really is a team effort. Comes down to one single game now, and I can care less who the f*** steps up.

With that all said, I fully expect Jaden Schwartz to be the hero.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t know what happened to Schwartz in this series. Knew it would be tough to sustain all that success offensively but he’s not impacting the game like we’re used to seeing, and not personally generating any high quality scoring chances.

He’s obviously a huge reason why we got here in the first place. ROR has stepped up in this series, showing that it really is a team effort. Comes down to one single game now, and I can care less who the **** steps up.

With that all said, I fully expect Jaden Schwartz to be the hero.
not hounding pucks down and hes the main culprit for why they are in passy mcpass mode.

schwartz is at his best when hes hunting pucks down on forecheck, backcheck and drawing penalties. hes been a nonfactor since g5 vs ref jose.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Welp, we've been a fantastic road team all playoffs. And now the road team has won 4 of 6 so far in this series. Let's make it 5 of 7.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I look at it this way. We had all but given up on this team on January 1, and were hoping that we didn't give Buffalo the 11th overall pick. To be within one game of the Cup is a pretty remarkable turn around. This is the furthest a Blues team has ever gone. A few faces gone and a few new faces and this team is set for another 5 years of excitement.

Reactions: shmotz

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
The Bluesiest way to win the cup would be to take a mondo duke at home in front of fans who paid $2k+ on tickets only to win it on the road with everyone pissed off at them so I like their chances.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
this is the dallas series all over again, complete with home ice choke in g6 by the home team

bruins gonna win cup in ot
Don’t think it’ll take OT. I would bet almost anything the Bruins score within the first five minutes of the game and just cruise on the back of the crowd. That’s what a championship team does.

Reactions: The National

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
On a positive note Barby will be back for game 7. I would assume Blais sits. Wonder if Eddy will find himself back in the lineup???

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela
Gotta agree with those saying our home record and special teams will sink this team. It's not even close to championship quality.

Whomever is in charge of our powerplay......

There is a lot to like about this team. There is a lot to be disgusted by as well. That's all I can really say at the moment.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad