Post-Game Talk: Series Discussion: 2015-16 ECQF - Detroit vs. Tampa Bay

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Don't worry, "Tampa brings out the worst in Detroit." What a ****ing joke. Lost a LOT of respect for them the past two games. I had to rewind that video twice to see if I was watching Boston but no, that's Detroit...

No kidding. When it comes to the Bruins, Lightning, and throwing crap on the ice, you have to be in Tampa to see that...

:sarcasm:

Sorry, but that was pretty stupid by many people in attendance of that game and, if we're going to judge a fanbase, even somewhat facetiously, on one clown throwing beer at an opposing player, then, well, be prepared for your own glass house to be pelted with some stones. Because that reflected terribly on all of US as well that night.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
No kidding. When it comes to the Bruins, Lightning, and throwing crap on the ice, you have to be in Tampa to see that...

:sarcasm:

Sorry, but that was pretty stupid by many people in attendance of that game and, if we're going to judge a fanbase, even somewhat facetiously, on one clown throwing beer at an opposing player, then, well, be prepared for your own glass house to be pelted with some stones. Because that reflected terribly on all of US as well that night.

Meh we took enough that series and after for that. It's been atoned. Lol. I'm not judging an entire fan base but the self righteous wings fans cheering it on, along with the defending of Abdelkader...it's a bit much. I'm glad Paquette, Blunden, etc haven't done something like that. Even, I think it was Ericsson last night? didn't punch a guy on the ice. The glass house thing goes for pretty much everything that's controversial, pretty sure I'll be first in line laughing my ass off the day somebody gets Blunden'd into the ice. What goes around comes around.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
That's fair enough. We all got the criticism that was due in the wake of that. And, trust me, just about every team I root for in sports has some rivalry with the respective Boston sports team in that sport, so it's no problem at all for me to sling mud at Boston at any given moment. Just need to remember that there are times when we are no better than anyone else; as long as we don't pretend to be, then nobody should have any problems.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
That's fair enough. We all got the criticism that was due in the wake of that. And, trust me, just about every team I root for in sports has some rivalry with the respective Boston sports team in that sport, so it's no problem at all for me to sling mud at Boston at any given moment. Just need to remember that there are times when we are no better than anyone else; as long as we don't pretend to be, then nobody should have any problems.

Yeah no doubt. We've had terrible moments in the past. Arty ripping Vermette helmet off and hitting him in the head was comical given how much of a brute arty was but it was so dirty. There's no clean team, it's hockey, but there are moments such as the Rinaldo-Brewer fight, Abdelkader-Blunden, etc that stand out and always will as plays that went above and beyond.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
We need a quick line-up and strategy adjustment for game 4 but I don't trust Cooper in that department. He's usually willing to make changes only when he was no other practical choice.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We're all happy we got the win tonight but that was as close as it gets and could easily have gone the other way with that lackluster 3rd period performance. The good news is our PP is finally functioning. The addition of Drouin has worked wonders so far.

As for game 5 lineups the question is, do we have better options than Blunden (3:43 TOI) and Taormina (2:39)? I like Taormina but I'd think dressing Condra in his place is the better approach for game 5 (and especially with last change). I have a feeling Cooper will be reluctant to dress Marchessault this series (or playoffs?) for his lack of a) physicality and b) (alleged) defensive prowess. And with how the series has gone so far I tend to agree because of a). We've seen it with Namestnikov tonight who has looked like 2015 playoff Namestnikov again: Overwhelmed and outmuscled. Not sure JAM would do better in that environment right now. Paquette has been pretty frustrating too but with Brown out we really lack alternatives, especially at center.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We're all happy we got the win tonight but that was as close as it gets and could easily have gone the other way with that lackluster 3rd period performance. The good news is our PP is finally functioning. The addition of Drouin has worked wonders so far.

As for game 5 lineups the question is, do we have better options than Blunden (3:43 TOI) and Taormina (2:39)? I like Taormina but I'd think dressing Condra in his place is the better approach for game 5 (and especially with last change). I have a feeling Cooper will be reluctant to dress Marchessault this series (or playoffs?) for his lack of a) physicality and b) (alleged) defensive prowess. And with how the series has gone so far I tend to agree because of a). We've seen it with Namestnikov tonight who has looked like 2015 playoff Namestnikov again: Overwhelmed and outmuscled. Not sure JAM would do better in that environment right now. Paquette has been pretty frustrating too but with Brown out we really lack alternatives, especially at center.

i do not understand why didnt bring up tamberline 29 goals also

we got team booths right? why not if syracuse is out bring up all the kids to enjoy the home games? just saying let them study watch us etc..

just my two cents

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Hopefully we can get that win Thursday night and close out the series. We need to get Brown back for next round and hopefully Stralman will be ready.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
i do not understand why didnt bring up tamberline 29 goals also

we got team booths right? why not if syracuse is out bring up all the kids to enjoy the home games? just saying let them study watch us etc..

just my two cents
You mean Jeff Tambellini? He has a two-way contract with Tampa Bay but I think we ran out of call-ups.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I think everyone is excited about our offense producing but in reality it's only Kucherov, Drouin and Johnson. I still think our offense if paper thin at times and a better team (let's face it, Detroit is not good) is going to exploit that. We scored 3 PP goals last night but our 5v5 offense was anemic for most of the game.

If we do lose Stamkos, we MUST bring in someone of high caliber to include in out top 6.

However, I do think bringing in a strong offensive defenseman who can run the PP (Shattenkirk) will help a lot.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Our breakouts have not been great. I think having Stralman back will help a lot with secondary scoring.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Our breakouts have not been great. I think having Stralman back will help a lot with secondary scoring.

Stralmam won't help much with secondary scoring for the playoffs, but let's not kid ourselves. Adding a solid top pairing defenseman for the remainder of the playoffs when you only have one top pairing defenseman on your team healthy at the moment will do wonders.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Stralmam won't help much with secondary scoring for the playoffs, but let's not kid ourselves. Adding a solid top pairing defenseman for the remainder of the playoffs when you only have one top pairing defenseman on your team healthy at the moment will do wonders.

Eh I disagree, we've had a big problem getting out of our zone and Stralman is our best player at making good exit passes. The quicker we get out of our zone and the "cleaner" we get out the more possession we have which can lead to scoring chances.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Eh I disagree, we've had a big problem getting out of our zone and Stralman is our best player at making good exit passes. The quicker we get out of our zone and the "cleaner" we get out the more possession we have which can lead to scoring chances.

I disagree. I believe Hedman is the best at zone exit passes. Though Stralmam is pretty Damn good in his own right. I think he will help with getting it out of it zone, but he's not an offensive dynamo on our team by any stretch of the imagination. To think he will solve that issue we will be setting ourselves up for massive disappointment.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I just hope that if/when Stralman comes back, Coop still keeps playing Hedman 30 minutes a night.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I disagree. I believe Hedman is the best at zone exit passes. Though Stralmam is pretty Damn good in his own right. I think he will help with getting it out of it zone, but he's not an offensive dynamo on our team by any stretch of the imagination. To think he will solve that issue we will be setting ourselves up for massive disappointment.

I love Hedman but I still disagree, I think Stralman is better at it.

He won't "solve" our issue but he will help.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Drouin looked amazing that game you could definitely see the offensive creativity and hockey IQ people have been talking about starting to translate at the NHL level. He took the play in a lot of unexpected and creative directions even in tight situations. With skilled top line players that can finish I see him as a future bright spot for sure.

Edit: oops sorry wrong thread

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I took a Gander at the Wings board and some are talking about how they want to steal Stevie Y as well as Stammer........... Do they hear the **** that comes out of their mouths?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad