Serie A 2022-23

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Juve almost blew their win with a bad 3 minute spell in the first half to allow Sampdoria come back from a two-goal deficit.

But Juve eventually won 4-2, with Argentine Soule scoring his first Serie A goal near the end.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Salernitana probably has had the better chances against Milan, especially the last breakaway with Dia only having Maignan to beat. But Maignan rushed out and made an excellent tackle any defender would been proud of.

Especially as the tackle was made out side the box as last man with few minutes before half-time break.

But then Giroud pops up at the greatest of moments, heading in a goal from a corner with just seconds left.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Dia equalizes at an hour mark, as he is left all alone inside the box. It started on the right flank, as Salernitana was freely allowed to come forward there and put in a pass for Dia to struck home.

Kalulu was marking his guy, but Thiaw was nowhere near enough to Dia and Bennacer was coming back way too late.

Edit: No penalty for Milan at 70mins as the ref overturns his own decision after consulting VAR, regarding Bennacer being brought down inside the box.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Closest Milan has come in the 2nd half was when the ball was rolling along the goalline, but fallen down Kalulu accidentally prevented it from going in with his hand, before Ochoa grabbed the ball.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Bennacer was great
Maignan made a geeat tackle in the 1st half

Ochoa had a great save as well

Milan is anemic offensively, but they got caught napping defensively on the viistors’ goal

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
After his goal today in Atalanta's 2-1 home win, Rasmus Hojlund now has most goals since the 90's for a player who was a teenager at the start of the season.

Who knows what the future holds for him, but it has certainly been an efficient start.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
With the loss today, Milan are in danger of slipping out of CL spots.

After his initial good performances, Thiaw has struggled to mark his assignments properly at crucial moments. And it hasn't helped that his partner Tomori has had prolonged poor spells as well. Maybe it's time to reintroduce Kjaer?

Unfortuntely Rafael Leao has been nowhere near his last season form, and same goes for midfield. You wouldn't think they'd miss Kessie this bad, as Diaz has some nice tehcnical abilities and Bennacer & Tonali are fine players, but the end product just isn't there.

Obviously a team with ambitions shouldn't be forced to count on old Giroud as their main striker and his even older replacement Ibrahimovic today (though, the retaken penalty was good after poorly missing the first).

With the Juve points penalty, Milan can still finish in top 4, but alomgside Napoli, Inter and Juve are better temas as of now.

Whether Milan can hold off teams like Roma, Lazio and Atalanta is still very much in doubt.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lazio to 2nd in the table after winning a heated derby against Roma, who played with 10 men for an hour. I think there were players sent off even after the final whistle.

Reactions: Power Man

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure what Ibanez was thinking there, to do something like that when you were on a yellow. Dumb dumb, that's something I expect Smallings to conduct, not Roger. Even though Roma was given a red card, I still immensely enjoyed that Derby del Cupolone. You can tell that it means so much to everyone, even the secondary staff lol. I always come away quite impressed by Spinazzola, it sucks he won't ever leave Serie A and has sort of fallen out of his prime because I think he would be a much more recognisable player on the international spectrum. Not sure I understand Roma starting Belotti either, 22 matches and 0 goals or 0 assists for a #9. I wouldn't expect anything less than from a Mourinho-managed club lol.

Serie A is on the up yet it is still awful to see that Juve gets docked 15 points, but still on the cusp of Europe. What will Juve's team be next season?

Jorge - Da Graca
Turicchia - Ihattaren- Barrenechea - Doratiotto - Soule
Gatti - Rugano - Nzouango
Perin​

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Good news for Milan, as injured Osimhen will miss the match against them this weekend. He might miss the first CL leg as well.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Rafael Leao (playing in the CF position) nicely lobs the keeper after Brahim Diaz through pass.

Edit: Diaz having a stormer, as he now scores himself, patiently waiting in the box before shooting.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad