Serie A 2018/2019

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
What's even more concerning is the medical staff allowing players with concussions to play again. They can't be that incompetent in Europe.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The problem is that there are way more fouls that go uncalled than there are instances of diving. The reason the diving gets more attention is because we've been conditioned to just accept the fact that 'that's football'. But why? Why do the rules go out the window every time there's a set piece, or any kind of large amount of players in the box? 90% of the time there's something going on in there that would be called 100% of the time if it were in any other situation.

If someone dribbles too much they get kicked or manhandled (and I'm not talking accidental when going for the ball or tactical fouls); it's like how it's just accepted in baseball that if you showboat the pitcher will throw a ball at you. What?

Even though people think that players are already protected too much compared to previous generations, realistically they should be. Those are the rules. Start coming down hard on the unnecessary physicality and the game will look a lot better, and make it much easier to punish divers and cheaters of that nature.

I agree.

In some ways, VAR is the first step to that - if applied correctly. Shirt tugging and holding is the norm on set piece situations, after some penalties were awarded in the WC, it seriously went down - leading to more set piece goals.

But I do agree, players need to be protected, just because Neymar dives does not mean he doesn't actually get kicked around by inferior players.
Both sides of the coin etc.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
What's even more concerning is the medical staff allowing players with concussions to play again. They can't be that incompetent in Europe.

Concussions are not a thing in football, people just don't know. Kramer was obviously out in the 2014 WC final yet noone blinked and he was back on the pitch.

Hockey and american football have years and years of experience in dealing with many concussions, etc.

It's not an excuse for the football (soccer) doctors and procedures to be so out-of-touch, but a possible explanation.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
I mean he credited Deschampes who has been criticized for similar tactics.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
DD had a Monaco team that scored at will in 2003-2004.
DD is a pragmatic. He wants a strong defense, and when it's done, forwards can be very very free.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
There’s been a lot of revisionist history on DD. He was hated for awhile. Of course winning the WC cures that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There certainly has been a shift in how DD has been talked about since the WC. You don't have to look further than the Euro 2016 topics to see that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There certainly has been a shift in how DD has been talked about since the WC. You don't have to look further than the Euro 2016 topics to see that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I did shit on DD, and I still do. Especially (and almost exclusively) towards his player selection.

Does that change the fact what you wrote is wrong? No.

EDIT : BTW, meaningless french games is also wrong. I was talking about the CL run where they scored 4 on Real and also eliminated Chelsea en route to a CL final. SURELY, you didn't miss that. Or did you?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Even with Ronaldo not in the team... Dybala doesn't start nor is he even on the bench. Did he pick up a knock pre game?

Also lol Icardi by some miracle recovers form his injury, just as Martinez gets injured.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Even with Ronaldo not in the team... Dybala doesn't start nor is he even on the bench. Did he pick up a knock pre game?

Also lol Icardi by some miracle recovers form his injury, just as Martinez gets injured.

I was freaking out too when I saw he wasn't in the starting lineup. I read he was supposed to start until he got a muscle injury in the warmup.

Mandzu hasn't scored in months and he's still starting. Should have played Kean.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Ugh...Roma's broken.

Firing EDF was a bad call , or at least replacing him with Ranieri. Should've just finished the season with Eusebio and then reassessed/waited for a better option. Too bad our owner doesn't know anything about football. This is the first time I genuinely can't watch the team. The football is horrendous.

Time to blow it up. I don't like most of the veteran players on the team anyways.

My hope is that we go full youth , hire a good DoF and get Sarri to build it up. Otherwise... I dunno.

We'll likely do something stupid , though.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's like no one watched Fulham under Ranieri. Worst coaching display I've seen since Steve McClaren at Newcastle. Somehow the Roma board hired him.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
It's like no one watched Fulham under Ranieri. Worst coaching display I've seen since Steve McClaren at Newcastle. Somehow the Roma board hired him.

He was the only coach willing to accept that bench for 6 months. And only for love, being roman. ASR got some serious problems, starting with the ownership. They are in this city for business and not for soccer.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Moise Kean destroying Serie A.

Disgusting racist Serie A fans again showing their lack of class as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deficient Mode

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Ugh...Roma's broken.

Firing EDF was a bad call , or at least replacing him with Ranieri. Should've just finished the season with Eusebio and then reassessed/waited for a better option. Too bad our owner doesn't know anything about football. This is the first time I genuinely can't watch the team. The football is horrendous.

Time to blow it up. I don't like most of the veteran players on the team anyways.

My hope is that we go full youth , hire a good DoF and get Sarri to build it up. Otherwise... I dunno.

We'll likely do something stupid , though.
Told you Ranieri would be terrible haha. They need to go all in on Sarri or Gasperini this summer. Gasperini especially would be perfect for this squad imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad