Serie A 2018/2019

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It's easy to be the "best" when you cheat.

What was Sandro supposed to do chop his arm off? A lot of these handball calls have been absolutely horrendous this year. Like the Napoli game where the ball first hit Sandro's then his arm.

Juventus is still the best. Are Allegri whiners still screaming?

Another Allegri asslicker. I'll say this once more, it's easy to win the league when you have by far the best team compared to the rest. Any half decent coach could the same results. He is by far the most overrated coach.

Juventus changed their logo a few years ago to become a worldwide brand to compete with the likes of ManU, Real, etc... Then they signed Ronaldo this year. What was the point if they continue to play the worst type of football? Imagine your a newbie and the first ever game you watch is a Juventus game. Do you think you'd be a fan if you saw the team play with no creativity, uninspired, boring style etc..?

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
What was Sandro supposed to do chop his arm off? A lot of these handball calls have been absolutely horrendous this year. Like the Napoli game where the ball first hit Sandro's then his arm.
Two missed blatant penalties as well as missed red card for Mandzukic. That was one of the worst officiated games I've seen since 2002 in South Korea.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Two missed blatant penalties as well as missed red card for Mandzukic. That was one of the worst officiated games I've seen since 2002 in South Korea.

That one made me laugh.

The only one that was missed was the Mandzukic one. Mandzu should have gotten a red for his kick. There also Kean's goal that was called off when Romagnoli was blown away by some wind.

gscorer

Jan 9, 2006
Classic Serie A crying. Seeing non-existent penalties and completely ignoring Kean's disallowed goal.

It's always everything that fits the agenda. If there is nothing then make it up.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Another Allegri asslicker. I'll say this once more, it's easy to win the league when you have by far the best team compared to the rest. Any half decent coach could the same results. He is by far the most overrated coach.

Allegri's actually a really damn good coach. Just because Juve fans are suffering from PSG syndrome (aka the CL means everything because you're so much better than everyone in Italy) , and he's pragmatic/boring as hell , doesn't mean he's not a top manager. He absolutely is.

Don't misconstrue your dislike for how Juve plays with how good he is. They're different things.

2 CL finals is nothing to scoff at either , if we want to super simplify things like 95% of football fans.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
That one made me laugh.

The only one that was missed was the Mandzukic one. Mandzu should have gotten a red for his kick. There also Kean's goal that was called off when Romagnoli was blown away by some wind.

Classic Serie A crying. Seeing non-existent penalties and completely ignoring Kean's disallowed goal.

It's always everything that fits the agenda. If there is nothing then make it up.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Juve is always on the receiving end of these bad calls, huh?

You can always rely on the refs to help out whenever Juve goes a goal down.

Juve

May 13, 2011
You can always rely on the refs to help out whenever Juve goes a goal down.

Of course, we needed help with the game because Milan is such a superior team and Juventus don't have the Scudetto already locked in.

Allegri's actually a really damn good coach. Just because Juve fans are suffering from PSG syndrome (aka the CL means everything because you're so much better than everyone in Italy) , and he's pragmatic/boring as hell , doesn't mean he's not a top manager. He absolutely is.

Don't misconstrue your dislike for how Juve plays with how good he is. They're different things.

2 CL finals is nothing to scoff at either , if we want to super simplify things like 95% of football fans.

What exactly is he really good at that another half decent manager to can't do? The only way to fail with Juventus is if you go full Ventura. He can't run an offence, always ready to park even if we are up a man, has a weird infatuation with Khedira, Barzagli, Mandzukic, and Sturaro(now gone). He's an average coach. Nothing special.

Okay fine he made it to different Champions league finals. He lost both of them and one of them ended in a complete meltdown in the second half.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
What exactly is he really good at that another half decent manager to can't do?

Ok, I'll address this first. It's a failed premise to suggest because Juventus is a juggernaut in comparison to other Serie A clubs , that somehow makes Allegri a poor or average manager.

You're correct in saying that many managers could win the league with Juventus, but that doesn't mean Allegri's not top class.

If what you're suggesting is true (ie: anyone can win the league win Juventus , therefore Allegri's not that great) that would mean the same reasoning would apply to Antonio Conte. Who has clearly shown his ability outside of Juventus.

Furthermore , Allegri won the league with Milan (after 7 years of not doing so) , so he's clearly not just a product of Juventus.

He can't run an offence

Yes, he's supremely pragmatic. But he's capable of creating a functional offensive system - he won't sacrifice defensive solidity to do so...he's certainly capable.

For instance, everyone looks at Ronaldo's hat trick over Atletico , but gloss over the fact Juventus' gameplan was near perfect. Defensively, offensively , all of it.

Whatever adjustment Simeone made , Allegri had a counter for it immediately - as if he was in Simeone's head. It was utter domination. This is not the only time Allegri's done this. I just bring it up , because it's the most recent example.

Average managers don't do this.

No, Juventus will never play Guardiola football under him , but that's never been Juventus' philosophy in the first place.

has a weird infatuation with Khedira, Barzagli, Mandzukic, and Sturaro(now gone).

Every manager has their favourites. Mandzukic is a vital component of providing balance to the squad. I have no idea how any Juventus fan could take issue with him. I would absolutely love it if my club had a player willing to sacrifice for the team like he does.

He's an average coach

Based on what? Your feelings? Your disagreements of team selections?

Objectively, analytically ... I mean if you really deep-dive into the intricacies of tactics and management - he is absolutely not "average".

Again, it's completely fine you don't like him , or you want him gone , but that does not mean he's average. It just means you don't like him. That's it.

Okay fine he made it to different Champions league finals.

You say this as if it's just standard procedure for Juventus. You do realize before Allegri arrived , Juventus hadn't sniffed the finals in over a decade , right?

Sure, the Calciopoli scandal had a lot to do with that , but Conte didn't get them there. Is Conte "nothing special" too?

Juventus are in a position of a genuine European juggernaut because of exceptional team building by Beppe Marotta and co. , and because of the work Allegri's done.

The CL is an extremely difficult competition to win , and Juventus weren't favourites in either final they lost - lets be honest.

He lost both of them and one of them ended in a complete meltdown in the second half.

You say this as if the players had no part to play in the defeats. Again , they were underdogs in both finals , and it wasn't some severe tactical mistake by Allegri that caused the losses.

If Allegri and Juventus win the CL this season , is he all of a sudden a great manager? No, he's the exact same manager who has a better roster (or player in Ronaldo) , and just happened to win it this time. Knockout competitions are a dice-roll in many respects , and the most you can reasonably ask for is to be in the conversation every season - which he's done.

The PSG syndrome of Juve fans is really annoying to be honest. It must be nice to think winning the league has become boring.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Furthermore , Allegri won the league with Milan (after 7 years of not doing so) , so he's clearly not just a product of Juventus.

He won with a stacked Milan team and then went down and down. The team was left in shambles in his final season.

We are just going to agree to disagree. If I had the power I send Allegri to Roma just for you.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He won with a stacked Milan team and then went down and down. The team was left in shambles in his final season.

We are just going to agree to disagree. If I had the power I send Allegri to Roma just for you.
Serie A was really weak that season. He had really good players in Zlatan, Silva. Milan died as a club when they sold those two to Paris.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Ok, so you're discrediting a title with another club , and all his titles with your club.

At what point do you realize you're just moving the goalposts and he deserves a little credit?

I feel like if he won a title in the Russian league , you'd come up with a reason as to why it was a cake walk for him there too.

Yeah, I'm cool with that. You're probably my favourite Juve supporter that I know , and I'm tired of defending a Juventus manager. It feels greasy.

I'd take Allegri over the Tinkerman in a heartbeat. I accept your proposal.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Nice bait.

Be sure if Roma cheats FFP like Man City and PSG , I'll start supporting Fiorentina.

Also this :

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cheats? I won't get into that debate, but that's a pretty weird way to see it.

FFP being a way for the bigger teams to avoid any competition is somehow a good thing in your mind?

Juve

May 13, 2011
Ok, so you're discrediting a title with another club , and all his titles with your club.

At what point do you realize you're just moving the goalposts and he deserves a little credit?

I feel like if he won a title in the Russian league , you'd come up with a reason as to why it was a cake walk for him there too.

He's only won when everything was handed to him.
I'd actually give credit if he were to do that.

Yeah, I'm cool with that. You're probably my favourite Juve supporter that I know , and I'm tired of defending a Juventus manager. It feels greasy.

Awww Thank you. I try to be a respectable Juve fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad