Serie A 2018/2019

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Well, that was highly annoying. Great 1st half , and then totally pissed it away.

I like you EDF, but the pressure is mounting. You've gotta find a way to incorporate the youth and win simultaneously. The in-game adjustments have to be better. They just do.

I don't want a short term manager to come in just for the sake of getting top 4 , and then completely ignore the long term progress of the squad. It's gunna happen if you can't seal wins against Chievo.
IMO Roma sold quality for quantity and are paying for it so far badly. Takes a lot for these young and new players to mesh, it could cost them a CL spot potentially.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Scout said he told Marseille to buy him but never got a reply.
Unfortunately for them he's likely priced himself out of their budget.
Well, that was highly annoying. Great 1st half , and then totally pissed it away.

I like you EDF, but the pressure is mounting. You've gotta find a way to incorporate the youth and win simultaneously. The in-game adjustments have to be better. They just do.

I don't want a short term manager to come in just for the sake of getting top 4 , and then completely ignore the long term progress of the squad. It's gunna happen if you can't seal wins against Chievo.
I feel like he bought himself some time with their great performances in Europe last season. IMO the blame for their start this year falls more on Monchi than EDF. Radja should have never been sold.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
IMO Roma sold quality for quantity and are paying for it so far badly. Takes a lot for these young and new players to mesh, it could cost them a CL spot potentially.

Roma added quality. Outside of goalkeeper , the squad is stronger, imo. The players that aren't performing are the players that were here before Monchi. I saw you trashed Nzonzi (again) , he didn't have a poor game at all. He got gassed late in the 2nd half , but before that he was solid. The De Rossi substitution was redundant , and he should've taken Nzonzi off -- not Pellegrini. As soon as we did that, we became even slower/un-athletic in midfield and more susceptible to counter attacks --- which is all Chievo was doing.

As for the young/new players meshing , I agree. I expected there to be growing pains , but I also expect us to win games we're leading 2-0 at home against minnows. EDF's subs/adjustments negatively effected the game.

I feel like he bought himself some time with their great performances in Europe last season. IMO the blame for their start this year falls more on Monchi than EDF. Radja should have never been sold.

I'm by no means EDF out , but he could've been much better today. As for Monchi deserving blame , I couldn't disagree more. We had an aging squad and Radja is declining. Roma has to cash out on expensive declining assets. His replacement (Cristante) played well today , and scored.

Roma had to start a new cycle , and we had to generate money to do it. All of the pieces we've acquired have either been promising youth , or veteran pieces specifically for EDF's system.

This Monchi blame game is purely from people who don't understand Roma's financial situation or are emotionally attached to the players he sold. Strootman and Radja aren't the players people think they are anymore.

This squad is more than good enough to win games domestically --- and it will. I just hope it's EDF and not a new manager who totally trashes our long-term goals for short-term gains.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'm by no means EDF out , but he could've been much better today. As for Monchi deserving blame , I couldn't disagree more. We had an aging squad and Radja is declining. Roma has to cash out on expensive declining assets. His replacement (Cristante) played well today , and scored.

Roma had to start a new cycle , and we had to generate money to do it. All of the pieces we've acquired have either been promising youth , or veteran pieces specifically for EDF's system.

This Monchi blame game is purely from people who don't understand Roma's financial situation or are emotionally attached to the players he sold. Strootman and Radja aren't the players people think they are anymore.

This squad is more than good enough to win games domestically --- and it will. I just hope it's EDF and not a new manager who totally trashes our long-term goals for short-term gains.
Monchi deserves blame for not upgrading their terrible defence. As for Nainggolan, he may have been declining but he's still world class and he was sold to a rival.

Roma will pick it up and easily finish in a UCL spot but they aren't even close to good enough to challenge for the title or do some damage in the CL right now.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Monchi deserves blame for not upgrading their terrible defence. As for Nainggolan, he may have been declining but he's still world class and he was sold to a rival.

He's added Marcano and Karsdorp is still coming off injury. If they both end up sucking - sure. But they simply don't have the budget to say "go fix this" , opportunities have to present themselves.

Assigning blame is far too simplistic for a DS walking the FFP/financial tightrope Monchi has to.

If Radja is world class , then I'm Mary Poppins. They cashed out on a 30 year old CM who relies heavily on athleticism/is well known for his partying. He was nothing close to world class for Roma last season- trust me.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Roma added quality. Outside of goalkeeper , the squad is stronger, imo. The players that aren't performing are the players that were here before Monchi. I saw you trashed Nzonzi (again) , he didn't have a poor game at all. He got gassed late in the 2nd half , but before that he was solid. The De Rossi substitution was redundant , and he should've taken Nzonzi off -- not Pellegrini. As soon as we did that, we became even slower/un-athletic in midfield and more susceptible to counter attacks --- which is all Chievo was doing.

Good point on the Pellegrini sub. A Nzonzi-De Rossi mid is basically inviting pressure at this point and it cost them.

As for the rest, I dunno I'm highly skeptical of this Roma team. I think they what they bought won't be able to replace what Alisson brought. Some great young pieces, but need more time...

It helps that the rest of Serie A top teams are struggling off the gate so they could be fine for CL contention when they all mesh eventually.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Roma is a worst team now than last year. Monchi was still wrong with the buying campaign and EDF is proving to be mediocre. Last year was obviously an anomaly in CL. On 29/09 there is the derby ...

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
haha the minnows are doing serious damage this year. I guess it's good for Serie A as a whole , but the big clubs need to pick it up.

I'd love Fiorentina to sneak into an EL/CL spot by the end of the season. Love what they're doing.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
haha the minnows are doing serious damage this year. I guess it's good for Serie A as a whole , but the big clubs need to pick it up.

I'd love Fiorentina to sneak into an EL/CL spot by the end of the season. Love what they're doing.

I would also like it but it's not possible with Pioli unfortunately.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Despite the announcement from CONI, the Serie B has not been suspended until further notice. The lower leagues in Italy are an absolute mess.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Real pressure by Atalanta before tying it up in stoppage time. Which I assume is how it ended because my satellite went out just after that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad