Sergey Mozyakin CBJ (best Russian player right now (included all Russian nhl players)

FacialAbuse*

Jan 30, 2017
I noticed that too. Good for wolski.
How would Mozyakin's game transfer to the NHL? How many points would he get? Is he good defensively? Puck battles? All that good stuff

Speedy, evasive, and gritty. Scores all types of goals and has good offensive instincts (Obviously). Having said that he plays on bigger ice with smaller defensemen. I don't know to what degree the smaller ice would limit his scoring chances. As long as he can get his shot off and had someone to feed him the puck at the top of the circle, he'd be a 25-30 goal guy and a wizard on the PP. Just a matter of him adjusting to smaller ice and bigger, physical defensemen. Also, he's 35. NHL there's a lot of opponents wearing you down. Could he withstand a Getzlaf, Kesler, Lucic, Gudbranson targetting him in the West? Could he battle through a Chara, Kreider, Alzner, Weber in the East?

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
Sergey Mozyakin best Russian player right now (included all Russian nhl players)
This boy legend all world hockey

So I didn't notice the length of the video before watching it...i was waiting for something special. OP are you serious? Surely this dude has better highlights. Based off this one play I'm not sure I'd be putting him in front of Ovechkin or Malkin. Or Panarin/Tarasenko/Radulov/Kucherov.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Speedy, evasive, and gritty. Scores all types of goals and has good offensive instincts (Obviously). Having said that he plays on bigger ice with smaller defensemen. I don't know to what degree the smaller ice would limit his scoring chances. As long as he can get his shot off and had someone to feed him the puck at the top of the circle, he'd be a 25-30 goal guy and a wizard on the PP. Just a matter of him adjusting to smaller ice and bigger, physical defensemen. Also, he's 35. NHL there's a lot of opponents wearing you down. Could he withstand a Getzlaf, Kesler, Lucic, Gudbranson targetting him in the West? Could he battle through a Chara, Kreider, Alzner, Weber in the East?

I am not 100% sure but i think there's at least one arena in KHL that's more or less the size of NHL rinks (maybe Amur's arena in Khabarovsk), Russian KHL posters can tell us more. It could be interesting to check his stats against that particular team, if that's true ofcourse. On the other hand Amur only had one positive season in last dunno 7 years, so they're not a proper challenge.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sergey Mozyakin best Russian player right now (included all Russian nhl players)
This boy legend all world hockey

Your threads are always my favorite.
"Hey guys look at this unpopular opinion I have!"
Every time.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
There's an old russian dude in my Sunday night pick up league that scored 6 or 7 goals last week. He is best Russian (included all Russian NHL players)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Las Vegas should sign Mozyakin, Shipachyov and Dadonov. Dadonov speaks English, they could have a Russian line. Would probably be one of the NHL's better lines.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Nice goal, but one nice goal doesn't make you the best Russian player in the ****ing world. :biglaugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Can't be considered the best unless you compete against the best.

What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Is that competition really "the best" (NHLers) if the "best"(player X not in NHL) player isn't competing against them?

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Its a lot easier to play in the KHL then the NHL. If he was better then the Russians in the NHl he would be in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad