Sergey Mozyakin CBJ (best Russian player right now (included all Russian nhl players)

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
This doesnt help your case... Malkin from 12/13 is on that list and put up 65pts in 37 games... Thats over 100pts if he plays as many games as Mozyakin.
So basically Malkin would absolutely obliterate the KHL in a way that Mozyakin (or any KHLer ever) couldn't dream of.
Like he did with the NHL the year before you mean. Wanted to have said that even though I do agree with your statement above.

Wait what? Malkin had the best PPG of all player in KHL that year, with a pretty significant margin should I add. (1.76 vs 1.58)
What??? Oh yes he did, just look at the damn stats from 2012-2013. Malkin put up 65 in 37 games that's 1.76ppg, by far the best in KHL history. And he actually only had 9 points in his first 10 games that year. After he adjusted to playing in a new league and scored 56 points in the next 27 games that's over two points per game!

Take a look yourself >>> http://en.khl.ru/players/9464/

He had 31 points in his last 11 KHL games before returning to the NHL. That's Gretzky/Lemieux type domination. He didn't just look like a man among boys, he destroyed that league.

Can't you guys read at all? Once again: Mozyakin and Malkin were playing on the same line, and Sergei was outscoring Geno. Obviously, Mozyakin's PPG dropped a bit after Malkin and Kulyomin left his line, but when they were all there, he was ahead of Malkin in the scoring race. At the time Maklin left, Mozyakin had 68 points to Geno's 65, being the only non-NHL Russian in the scoring tp 5. Ovechkin and Kovalchuk both had 40 points btw. And let's not forget Malkin had won an Art Ross with 1.5PPG in the NHL just several months before.

I'm not saying Mozyakin was or is better than Malkin, but it's a bit ridiculous to imply that the KHL is some beer league where an NHL star would look like a god amongst men.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Can't you guys read at all? Once again: Mozyakin and Malkin were playing on the same line, and Sergei was outscoring Geno. Obviously, Mozyakin's PPG dropped a bit after Malkin and Kulyomin left his line, but when they were all there, he was ahead of Malkin in the scoring race. At the time Maklin left, Mozyakin had 68 points to Geno's 65, being the only non-NHL Russian in the scoring tp 5. Ovechkin and Kovalchuk both had 40 points btw. And let's not forget Malkin had won an Art Ross with 1.5PPG in the NHL just several months before.

I'm not saying Mozyakin was or is better than Malkin, but it's a bit ridiculous to imply that the KHL is some beer league where an NHL star would look like a god amongst men.

Semin has 16-14-30.

Couldnt skate an entire shift in the NHL last year.

Chris Lee is over a PPG in the KHL as a dman. A guy that never had 40pts in the AHL.

Nigel Dawes is a PPG player in the KHL and has 35goals in 55 games this year.

Another one that couldn't hold a roster position in the NHL. He was garbage with the Habs.

Over 200 example.

KHL is a lesser league... Overall poor goaltending and any great statistical season is like someone killing it in the Dleague, nobody cares cuz its a second tier pro league.

Stephon Marbury best PG of all US Player cuz he average 25/7/5/2 for 10 years at 55 years old in the CBA.

Last edited:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Semin has 16-14-30.

Couldnt skate an entire shift in the NHL last year.

Chris Lee is over a PPG in the KHL as a dman. A guy that never had 40pts in the AHL.

Nigel Dawes is a PPG player in the KHL and has 35goals in 55 games this year.

Another one that couldn't hold a roster position in the NHL. He was garbage with the Habs.

Over 200 example.

KHL is a lesser league... Overall poor goaltending and any great statistical season is like someone killing it in the Dleague, nobody cares cuz its a second tier pro league.

Not even close:):popcorn:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I understand you want to be patriotic and convince yourself. I've been there, you're losing energy.

Enjoy your CFL hockey.

No one denies the KHL much weaker league then NHL.
Just be very foolish to deny that the KHL has many very good players.
Many KHL players can play in NHL on top LEVEL:)

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
No one denies the KHL much weaker league then NHL.
Just be very foolish to deny that the KHL has many very good players.
Many KHL players can play in NHL on top LEVEL:)

Change many for few...

Steve Moses... had previous goal scoring record of KHL... Steve Christopher Moses of Leominster, Massachusetts..

Who? Seriously, the top talent is made of nobody.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I've heard some rumours that the one Russian dude in Washington is okay. The one that wears #8? Orlov, right? Anyhow I think he's moderately okay at stickpuck.

DenOnde

Dec 5, 2016
Finland
I find it funny that people can have an opinion without ever having watched him play. I don,t think he would tear the NHL a new one but having actually watched 5ish games with him this season I would expect for him to be near ppg player given good line mates. Could even be up there with the best, but adjusting to a different style of play probably pulls hin back a bit. To those statwatchers that compare hin to Steve Moses :help:
Really if you haven't watched him play, please just shut up:)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Change many for few...

Steve Moses... had previous goal scoring record of KHL... Steve Christopher Moses of Leominster, Massachusetts..

Who? Seriously, the top talent is made of nobody.

When guys like Tryamkin ( #3 dman for lowly Avtomobilist) and Buchnevich (lower line player for SKA) can step right into the NHL, yea probably a lot of KHLers could.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
When guys like Tryamkin ( #3 dman for lowly Avtomobilist) and Buchnevich (lower line player for SKA) can step right into the NHL, yea probably a lot of KHLers could.

Hey you too from rostov! Actually i not from the city, i live near

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Can't you guys read at all? Once again: Mozyakin and Malkin were playing on the same line, and Sergei was outscoring Geno.

You're either being disingenuous and not telling the full story or you just haven't looked deeper into the facts.

First off Mozyakin already had 3 points before Malkin even join the team. After that they both scored 65 points in the 37 games they played together, so no he didn't outscore Malkin, they were tied. Secondly and more importantly Malkin was at a significant disadvantage seeing as how has was not accustomed to the playing style of the KHL while Mozyakin was a seasoned veteran having already won a couple scoring titles. And that difference showed clearly in their first 10 games, where Malkin had just 9 points(and a single goal) while Mozyakin had 13 points. After that initial adjustment Malkin took off and outscore Mozyakin 56 to 52 before leaving. Lastly Mozyakin's production dropped off significantly to under a point per game for the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs after Malkin left. He also hasn't been able to produce at anywhere close to the level he hit when playing with Malkin, instead scoring at 1.35, 1.10, 1.18 & 1.45ppg in each season since then. Clearly playing with #71 elevated his game to otherwise unsustainable levels.

Next time I suggest you look deeper into the stats before spouting off insults and falsehoods.

Last edited:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
You're either being disingenuous and not telling the full story or you just haven't looked deeper into the facts.

First off Mozyakin already had 3 points before Malkin even join the team. After that they both scored 65 points in the 37 games they played together, so no he didn't outscore Malkin, they were tied. Secondly and more importantly Malkin was at a significant disadvantage seeing as how has was not accustomed to the playing style of the KHL while Mozyakin was a seasoned veteran having already won a couple scoring titles. And that difference showed clearly in their first 10 games, where Malkin had just 9 points(and a single goal) while Mozyakin had 13 points. After that initial adjustment Malkin took off and outscore Mozyakin 56 to 52 before leaving. Lastly Mozyakin's production dropped off significantly to under a point per game for the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs after Malkin left. He also hasn't been able to produce at anywhere close to the level he hit when playing with Malkin, instead scoring at 1.35, 1.10, 1.18 & 1.45ppg in each season since then. Clearly playing with #71 elevated his game to otherwise unsustainable levels.

Next time I suggest you look deeper into the stats before spouting off insults and falsehoods.

And?:)
Mozya legend AINEC:)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
No, Mozyakin isnt better than the Russian NHL superstars, at least in the general sense. But if i was a KHL GM id take him before quite a few of them as evidenced by the lockout. The dude is a beast in the KHL style of play.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Well... Mozyakin is a great, great player, and I've been hoping for an MMK return on the Pens ever since that spectaculatar period at Magnitogorsk. Think its likely that his impact could be like Panarin's. But probably that ship sailed years back.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Mozyakin is really underrated over here, just like Radulov was.

That said, I don't think that his game translates as well or that he'd be one of the best players in NHL. But personally I still think that he'd easily be a first liner and his current season in KHL is absolutely ridiculous.

But yeah, he's too old to start playing in NHL IMO.

Shipachyov though has arguably been even better this season and that guy could still make it in NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad