Sergei Bobrovsky

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
"probably gets more than $6M"

He makes 7.425 million right now and the cap has gone up. He also won another Vezina on this 4 year contract. He is not taking a paycut let alone a 1 million+ dollar one.

Lundqvist make 8.5. Price make 10.5. Bob should slot in between the 2. And with the term he will want, it's an easy pass.
While Bob is great he doesn't have clubs pr and media of biggest markets driving his hype in stratosphere. Add in russian bias and lack of playoff results to the mix and I can easily market for Bob being much smaller compared to Lundqvist and Price.
What teams do you even expect to be in bidding war for his services?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
While Bob is great he doesn't have clubs pr and media of biggest markets driving his hype in stratosphere. Add in russian bias and lack of playoff results to the mix and I can easily market for Bob being much smaller compared to Lundqvist and Price.
What teams do you even expect to be in bidding war for his services?
It only takes 1. Hell, it could be CBus itself. They made him the 3rd highest paid goalie before, and he won another Vezina.

I don't think he will get 7/8 years but rather 5/6.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It only takes 1. Hell, it could be CBus itself. They made him the 3rd highest paid goalie before, and he won another Vezina.

I don't think he will get 7/8 years but rather 5/6.
Agreed, they have a long history of signing players to stupid contracts and their management has to be feeling the heat at this point. I could see them bidding against themselves, but still Henrik and Price would have teams licking their chops to get on the action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad