Sergei Bobrovsky

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
We are likely still going to need another 1a goalie for next season, but that isn't Bobrovsky as he'll cost too much.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He can speak full sentences in english now instead of just saying Bob....

Despite his playoff shortcomings it would be cool to have Bob back...always knew he would become a bonafide starter.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Bob is consistently bad in the playoffs.

Hard pass.

It isn't that different from saying Giroux is bad in the playoffs. Both players latest two playoff appearances were rough.

The teams surrounding them certainly helped drop the ball, and didn't do either player any favors. I don't want Bob because I don't want to pay a 30 year old goalie 8M for the next 7-8 years, when we might have a special goalie in our system. But, I'm not going to hold the weaker Columbus and Philly units against either player.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It isn't that different from saying Giroux is bad in the playoffs. Both players latest two playoff appearances were rough.

The teams surrounding them certainly helped drop the ball, and didn't do either player any favors. I don't want Bob because I don't want to pay a 30 year old goalie 8M for the next 7-8 years, when we might have a special goalie in our system. But, I'm not going to hold the weaker Columbus and Philly units against either player.
But Bob has never been good in the playoffs.

This isn't a recent development. I'm not just talking numbers either, just watching him play in the playoffs makes me uneasy. If he was here I'd probably have a heart attack, either from nerves or from rage at the weak goals.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
But Bob has never been good in the playoffs.

This isn't a recent development. I'm not just talking numbers either, just watching him play in the playoffs makes me uneasy. If he was here I'd probably have a heart attack, either from nerves or from rage at the weak goals.

Discussing how a player did 4+ years ago doesn't do much for me. Players change, they develop, they aren't the same players they are when they are 25. Let's just agree, that we both don't want him and call it a day.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Discussing how a player did 4+ years ago doesn't do much for me. Players change, they develop, they aren't the same players they are when they are 25. Let's just agree, that we both don't want him and call it a day.
Well I'd agree but my point is it's been pretty consistent for his entire career.

It's not just recently or just far in the past... it's all the way throughout.

If it were just one or the other then we'd be on the same page here.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He will want 6-8 years at 8-10 million. It's an easy no.
I’m not sure he gets that term at his age. It’s not like he’s a playoff standout to say he’s worth it.

I’d give him 2 years max 3 at a very high number as rebel stated. Only if it looks like we are ready to compete. Otherwise, what’s the point?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If CBJ is out of the playoff hunt and we look a goalie away from a deep run..id be into Bobrovsky as a rental..

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Well I'd agree but my point is it's been pretty consistent for his entire career.

It's not just recently or just far in the past... it's all the way throughout.

If it were just one or the other then we'd be on the same page here.

That doesn't change my point that players have potential for change and that Bob really hasn't had premier defense in his career. Discussing Bob's playoff runs in back in 10-11, when he was 22, doesn't really tell me much. There are better reasons to not want Bob than a playoff narrative.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
What would be acceptable for you?
I would do 4x8 for him to come back here. That would still put him as a top goalie and end as he turns 35. A long bridge to hart but a bridge nonetheless. Hes won two vezinas he's not going to come cheap. I predict he goes to carolina or resigns in colombus for 7x10

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It all depends on how things shake out this year. I definitely would not sign him long term because we are flush with young goalie talent that I'd like to see in O&B one day. Now, if Hart, Sandstrom, Stolarz, and everyone else shit the bed this year, then maybe I'd consider it, but hopefully we don't have to deal with that. Short-term I would be interested in like a two year deal but I have got to imagine that someone will give him at least four at a pretty high number and that's too long and too much for me ATM.

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
I would sign Bob for 2 or 3 years max to buy Hart or Sandstrom time. No need to rush the young goalies into the spotlight.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What does it matter? Coaching is still a more pressing problem than goaltending.

It matters because if we add someone with a large price tag, and they're known to be bad in the playoffs, then we could be adding another problem to the list.

Do you want coaching AND goaltending AND the cap to all be problems? I don't, but a signing like this could make that become reality.

You can't just say "f*** it, coaching is a problem so it doesn't matter what else we do"...

bear3330

Jul 8, 2018
Most of us agree to sign him for 2-3 years, unfortunately there's no way we would be his best offer.

Varlamov @ 3-4 years is more realistic and wouldn't cost too much. His injuries worry me but I think he'd be easier to get on a short term deal while also being an upgrade from our current tandem. Also, he could transition well into a backup role after the first two years if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->