Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
41QHS3TwP-L._SY355_.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Time will tell whether Im right about Bob. My predictions usually come true by the way.

Predictions based on history repeating isn't all that unusual or rare.. It's employed by a lot of history teachers. Bob's history is well known.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob has now given up 3 or more in 6 of his last 8 games. I know the defense hasn't been stellar around him, but combined with his slow start and his playoff follies, I doubt anyone will sign him for more than 6 years.

The more I see of him, the less I want him to sign in Columbus. Might be time to say "thank you" for all of his great work and move on. Only problem is, who do you move on to?

Jun 15, 2007
Bob has now given up 3 or more in 6 of his last 8 games. I know the defense hasn't been stellar around him, but combined with his slow start and his playoff follies, I doubt anyone will sign him for more than 6 years.

The more I see of him, the less I want him to sign in Columbus. Might be time to say "thank you" for all of his great work and move on. Only problem is, who do you move on to?
Caps fan here.

I don't know about any other games but Bob could only be blamed for the Connolly one.

Second goal was a crazy bounce off Jaskin's skate.

Third goal was on Jones. You're supposed to cut off the pass on a 2-on-1. Especially if the shooter is a defenseman with 7 career goals and the pass is to Alex Ovechkin.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As someone who has defended Bob in the playoffs and rough seasons... Im ready to move on. I dont see his head or heart here. Last years playoffs being blamed on him even though it certainly shouldnt have been plus not getting what he wants money wise for he past here... plus his rough start. I think he has 1 foot out the door and both sides mutually are ready for a fresh start.

Im ready to give him a standing O and thank you package for everything he has done and I think its best for both sides genuinely.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
As someone who has defended Bob in the playoffs and rough seasons... Im ready to move on. I dont see his head or heart here. Last years playoffs being blamed on him even though it certainly shouldnt have been plus not getting what he wants money wise for he past here... plus his rough start. I think he has 1 foot out the door and both sides mutually are ready for a fresh start.

Im ready to give him a standing O and thank you package for everything he has done and I think its best for both sides genuinely.

What should the goalie plan be starting next year? I don't disagree, just curious what you'd do. Run with Korpi, trade for a stop-gap, just bank on one of the overseas goalies coming over and being ready..?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
What should the goalie plan be starting next year? I don't disagree, just curious what you'd do. Run with Korpi, trade for a stop-gap, just bank on one of the overseas goalies coming over and being ready..?
I don't think Korpi is answer as 1A. Keep him around as backup but likely need to find someone else who can play 50 games. Then if Korpi steps up that's a great problem!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Honestly Idk. Its gotta be Korpi and something. I know Elvis is coming over so we have to try it but likely trade for a vet to tandem or a FA. I just know Bob at his length and cost will hurt us in the long run and it sucks to have to admit that because hes easily one of my all time favorite jackets.

Reactions: thebus88

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
The Old Guy Plan:

1. At the conclusion of the year, hand Bob a Thank You note, a subscription to the Jelly-Of-The-Month Club and send him on his way.
2. Re-sign Korpi to a two-year "prove it" deal.
3. Sign Elvis to a 3-year ELC.
4. Offer Panarin an 8 x 12.5 McDavid deal.
5. Bring up all the offensive centers we drafted in the past few years. Teach them to pass, win face off's, and run 2 miles in under 12 minutes.
6. Plan on winning every game 6-5.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Old Guy Plan:

1. At the conclusion of the year, hand Bob a Thank You note, a subscription to the Jelly-Of-The-Month Club and send him on his way.
2. Re-sign Korpi to a two-year "prove it" deal.
3. Sign Elvis to a 3-year ELC.
4. Offer Panarin an 8 x 12.5 McDavid deal.
5. Bring up all the offensive centers we drafted in the past few years. Teach them to pass, win face off's, and run 2 miles in under 12 minutes.
6. Plan on winning every game 6-5.

Sounds like the Senators this year. 6-5, 5-6, they don't really keep track anymore.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Kevin Weekes just said on NHL tonight that “the situation is coming to a head” and in so many words that his agent is pushing for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad