Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Man this Bob shit is beyond stupid. Team gives up 2 on 1's, breakaways, allows cross crease passes consistantly on the pk and the goalie cant stop everyone every game, consider me surprised. This board is beyond ridiculous, get spoiled with something and still bitch about it.
Also Holtby didnt really outplay Bob because he didnt have to. The players in front of Bob got outskilled and werent disciplined

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I remember Bob getting thoroughly outplayed by Holtby.

Holtby didn't have 27 penalties to kill off with Ovechkin and co shooting at him.

But if you look at save percentages at 5 vs 5 and 4 vs 4 corsis and the zone starts of third pairing defensemen when paired against the Capitals 4th line it tells a completely different story.

You got to love it when separating 5 v 4 from 5 v 5 is considered overly complex and arcane.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Man this Bob **** is beyond stupid. Team gives up 2 on 1's, breakaways, allows cross crease passes consistantly on the pk and the goalie cant stop everyone every game, consider me surprised. This board is beyond ridiculous, get spoiled with something and still ***** about it.

I've tried but I give up. At this point people need a couple years of 'feeling' what a replacement goalie is like in those situations before they appreciate Bob. It's not going to happen while Bob is still here.

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Man this Bob **** is beyond stupid. Team gives up 2 on 1's, breakaways, allows cross crease passes consistantly on the pk and the goalie cant stop everyone every game, consider me surprised. This board is beyond ridiculous, get spoiled with something and still ***** about it.
Also Holtby didnt really outplay Bob because he didnt have to. The players in front of Bob got outskilled and werent disciplined
NHL.com - Stats

#3 and #28 (last) career

NHL.com - Stats

#1 and #10 (last) last season

Bob is garbage in the playoffs. By any legitimate measure. Holtby is outstanding. By any legitimate measure.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Holtby didn't have 27 penalties to kill off with Ovechkin and co shooting at him.

You got to love it when separating 5 v 4 from 5 v 5 is considered overly complex and arcane.

You gotta love it when a guy can't admit that a goalie who has never given up less than 3 goals in a playoff game falls all over himself making sorry excuses for putrid play.:laugh:

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
NHL.com - Stats

#3 and #28 (last) career

NHL.com - Stats

#1 and #10 (last) last season

Bob is garbage in the playoffs. By any legitimate measure. Holtby is outstanding. By any legitimate measure.
So Bob had to go against Ovechkin, Backstrom, Oshie, Kuznetsov, Wilson and Holtby basically had to go against Matt Calvert, and Panarin for 2 games. Holtby was truly outstanding.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
So Bob had to go against Ovechkin, Backstrom, Oshie, Kuznetsov, Wilson and Holtby basically had to go against Matt Calvert, and Panarin for 2 games. Holtby was truly outstanding.

Holtby has a career 2.04 GAA and .929 save percentage in his playoff career. That's outstanding stuff.

Your username is tied for my hfboards favorite. The other is SurroundedbyAhos.

Reactions: mikeyp24

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Nice straw man. Cam Atkinson, PLD and Seth Jones don't exactly suck at scoring. And it was 3 games and 1 period of Game 3.

Last edited:

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
Nice straw man. Cam Atkinson, PLD and Seth Jones don't exactly suck at scoring. And it was 3 games and 1 period of Game 3.
How many goals did Seth score? 0. Cam had a couple in game 2 but didn’t score in the other 5 games. PLD had 2. So in that series, yes they kind of sucked at scoring goals.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I've seen Bob say "it is what it is" plenty of post-game interviews. You're reading too much into that phrasing. While he's good at speaking English, it's still his second language. People sometimes stick to idioms or phrases that they're comfortable with.

Yes, ok, but in this situation I am almost certain Bob is saying that is the "response" he got from the team during the "meeting". I don't think the "air" has been cleared as much as people would like to believe. Everything we will get from Bob or Jarmo or Torts or any other player will be "damage control".

This is not the type of "relationship" you want your team to have with your starting goalie.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Sergei Bobrovsky AND the Bluejackets

He hasn't carried ANYBODY.

The CBJ weren't even outplayed last playoffs. You could say it was the other way around most of the time.

Maybe we should go back and actually look back at the goals. I remember my fair share of weak goals. Just because its on the PK means its not possibly the goalies fault? He has HUGE ISSUES with shots that are tipped and/or from the point with a screen, and BOTH Pittsburgh and Washington KNOW THIS. And they know about his WEAK GLOVE. And "mind".

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How many goals did Seth score? 0. Cam had a couple in game 2 but didn’t score in the other 5 games. PLD had 2. So in that series, yes they kind of sucked at scoring goals.
You are arguing against your own point. You are saying the washington players were better because they scored more and our players sucked because they couldnt score even though they are outside of Ovi they are close enough talent wise. Its like one goalie played very bad and made them look good and one stood on his head and made them look like the lesser players...

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
You are arguing against your own point. You are saying the washington players were better because they scored more and our players sucked because they couldnt score even though they are outside of Ovi they are close enough talent wise. Its like one goalie played very bad and made them look good and one stood on his head and made them look like the lesser players...
Their forwards are lot better than are forwards, and it’s not even close. They had six guys or seven guys average around a point per game in the playoffs, but it only One round of Bob making them look good. They had four guys at over 70 points last year. Two over a point a game. We had one. Besides Panarin, we didn’t have another forward score 50 points. They are not close.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Their forwards are lot better than are forwards, and it’s not even close. They had six guys or seven guys average around a point per game in the playoffs, but it only One round of Bob making them look good. They had four guys at over 70 points last year. Two over a point a game. We had one. Besides Panarin, we didn’t have another forward score 50 points. They are not close.
Kuznetsov and Panarin even. Oshie and Cam even. Carlsson is closer to Z then Jones. Wilson and Anderson are extremely similar with Josh being much cleaner. Idk where you see them being this epic team above us

Reactions: thebus88

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
Kuznetsov and Panarin even. Oshie and Cam even. Carlsson is closer to Z then Jones. Wilson and Anderson are extremely similar with Josh being much cleaner. Idk where you see them being this epic team above us
Okay, I’ll give you those comparisons are equal, but your literally leaving out one of the greatest goal scores of all time and a center that averages 75-80 points a year. That’s literally leaving 2 players equal to or greater than Our best player. If we had two more forwards this team would have easily beat the capitals in that series and could probably run with the other top teams like Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad