Sergei Bobrovsky - Off The Case? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
THERE WAS A TEAM/PLAYER ONLY MEETING ABOUT IT.

This didn't occur in Jarmo's office.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Well, what is it?

The spade is a spade.

Am I supposed to be in shock that there was a player only meeting, as if this doesn't happen every so often as various problems come up? To me it's possible it undersells the gravity of whatever may have happened.

Perhaps I misunderstood you and you had just left caps lock on accidentally.

Daytonian

Nov 6, 2014
Dayton OH
This situation needs an official title that can be referred to for years to come. I know its not very inventive but I will stick with meat and potatoes and go with

The Incident

I'm sure you can come up with something better. So what do you have?

Bob-sled. It also describes where we're heading.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There was also the question, "Do you want to play for the CBJ the rest of the year?"

Answer: "I....I am here.

OK.

It don't matter what quotes you will get to the press from the players, there's no moving on after this. Not with a happy ending anyway.

You had it right when you said "His personal actions and behavior being NON professional is the entire issue."

Showing up to work day after day to do your best, regardless of how you feel or where you want to be, is perhaps what defines being a professional. He didn't do that after the game on Tuesday night. He has complicated feelings it seems about what he wants, and an unhealthy amount of anger, but he also knows that those are the thoughts that have to go on mute when he is doing his job. He's far from the first disgruntled employee to realize "I am here" and try and stick to finishing the job. It feels very familiar to me.

If he can be professional, then I would consider a fair amount of winning down the stretch to be a pretty happy ending. He'll most likely be elsewhere next year, I'm just hoping we can take a pass on the needless drama (and dramatizing).

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Torts stated today "If Jarmo wants to comment, that's his call"

I think we can now more than just assume it was Jarmo who took issue with something
Bob done after the Tampa game given this statement from Torts.

I am not a body language reading expert, but watching Bob's interview today,
his words and how he really feels didn't match. I may be dead wrong, but I don't
think Bob even entertains any offer from the organization after this season ends.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not uncommon for a goalie to be a head case

But the great ones limit it to off the ice... On the ice great ones get the job done most the time.. If there's a big game or the playoffs Bobs head's not screwed on right... I'd trade him now when he still has value and hope for the best, it's not as if the Jackets are going to the cup this year anyway.. With Pitt and the Caps in our conference we will be lucky to get two wins in the first round... just sayin.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
But the great ones limit it to off the ice... On the ice great ones get the job done most the time.. If there's a big game or the playoffs Bobs head's not screwed on right... I'd trade him now when he still has value and hope for the best, it's not as if the Jackets are going to the cup this year anyway.. With Pitt and the Caps in our conference we will be lucky to get two wins in the first round... just sayin.
If we keep Bob, we don't win a playoff series. If we don't keep Bob, we don't have a chance to win a playoff series.

Reactions: CPTN71

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If we keep Bob, we don't win a playoff series. If we don't keep Bob, we don't have a chance to win a playoff series.
Can't argue that.... we need a new veteran goalie plain and simple.... Bob is great when he's good and really bad when he's not.... Consistency is the real problem with him, as it was with Mason too... I want Tugger back!!! :)

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
There’s not a goalie in this league or the world that you can swap with Bob and make this team compete with Tampa Bay, Washington, Pittsburgh, or now Toronto. The only way this team can get to the next round of the playoffs is if Bob straps them on his back and takes them there, and that’s not how teams that get to the next round are built. Pittsburgh doesn’t go into a game thinking if Murray doesn’t get us a shutout we can’t win, because they have what 3 or 4 over a point per game guys that can spread the pressure around. The Washington series was a step in the right direction but once Panarin was hurt it went back on Bob having to carry the team. This team isn’t going to succeed until they change this mindset, And it doesn’t seem likely when their lone answer for the playoff loses is “Bobs got to play better.”

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Don't worry folks. This is not a distraction.

giphy.gif

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
I think the worst thing we can do is pay bob as the leagues top goalie.

I do find it interesting that all of a sudden there are these new articles and media wonks pumping bobs tires as the leagues top goalie. Traditionally when the hockey media have done their “best in the game” pieces bob gets slotted around 3. Maybe I should put my tin foil hat on but I’m suspicious of the timing of the bob love.

The team can’t win the big game. Bob can’t win the big game. He flipped out. Jarmo don’t take bullshit

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As much as a Bob supporter ive been over the years here you can check my posts defending him in back to back playoff series flops he is starting to tarnish whats left of his rep.

One of the biggest things that is popping on my mind with him currently is how are you going to act this upset over a contract when durring his last signing period he basically held us hostage and 2as basically threatening to leave to russia unless we overpaid. He made q huge chunk of money before his last 2 seasons where ge was often hurt and underperforming. And the thing is currently even if the D sometimes doesnt have perfect coverage those are the ones bob stops. The guy will have 9 highlight saves while letting in 10 shots that the rock half of Cyclones Rock could stop those. I sincerely hope we win a series and Bob gets his money somewhere for getting the monkey of his back but he needs to get his gead straight and get back to being a positive lockerroom influence and not this classic russian hockey stereotype everyone buys into.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I do find it interesting that all of a sudden there are these new articles and media wonks pumping bobs tires as the leagues top goalie. Traditionally when the hockey media have done their “best in the game” pieces bob gets slotted around 3. Maybe I should put my tin foil hat on but I’m suspicious of the timing of the bob love.

Where have you been? Bob's been on top of the best goalie lists since that second Vezina. It's this year that he's fallen behind.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
In the video I've seen there is a quote from Bob, "It is what it is".....

Thing is, I don't think Bob was saying that to the press, he was passing along essentially the "message" he got from the team, literally or figuratively. That's not good. I'm not sure people quite understand the "relationship" teams have or NEED TO HAVE with their goalie(s).

"It is what it is"

Bobs gone. As Seth Jones would say, It is what it is.

THERE WAS A TEAM/PLAYER ONLY MEETING ABOUT IT.

This didn't occur in Jarmo's office.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Well, what is it?

The spade is a spade.

And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, neither is SETH JONES and THE ENTIRE REST OF THE TEAM

"It is what it is"

Is not good for anybody "pro Bob".

I've seen Bob say "it is what it is" plenty of post-game interviews. You're reading too much into that phrasing. While he's good at speaking English, it's still his second language. People sometimes stick to idioms or phrases that they're comfortable with.

Reactions: mikeyp24

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Let's fix one thing about this narrative right now. It's not just the playoffs. It's WHENEVER Bob faces a highly skilled team like Washington, Pittsburgh or Tampa recently. Check his record over the past two years. Not impressive.

I don't remember all those regular season games. I do remember when Bob got us two overtime wins over the Caps last Spring, and took us half an hour into overtime in game 3. Somehow no one else remembers that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad