Rumor: [Seravelli] Georgiev will not Re-Sign, Rangers Actively trying to Trade Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't really think the TDA thing has anything to do with Georgiev's status in the locker room. The rumors about Georgiev have been around going back to when TDA was still on the team. If Georgiev isn't well-liked, I think it's just because of him and who he is. The players came to Georgiev's defense during that altercation, from all reports. Anything to do with TDA at this point is just trying to tie the whole thing together and put a bow on it.
Much ado about a young goalie not wanting to play behind a future Hall of Famer.

The value probably was never there anyway. We got nothing for Cam Talbot coming off of a Vezina caliber performance.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
It's not oversimplified at all and he hasn't proven shit to be a starter anywhere else either. What is he, roughly 45-55 in terms of goalie rankings in the NHL? That's barely backup level and he's pouting and being a poor teammate to boot? Like Kravtsov, he should've sucked it up and performed at his best until an opportunity arose. He doesn't *deserve* anything based on his performance and neither did his RW counterpart and now their both looked at as prospects/players with baggage which doesn't help either of them. It's poor professionalism and being a poor teammate.

Hate to tell you this but we were never getting anything for Georgiev anyway. You're blowing a gasket over nothing.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fan boys ? He was the first nyr D men with 50 + points since Leetch.
He’s a good player - bottom line .
Yes, fan boys.

Hide behind "I just think he's a good player" all you want, it's not fooling anybody.

There's a contingent on the Rangers board that are more DeAngelo fans than Rangers fans and this is where they can get attention for shitposting about it.

Over a player that was here 167 games. Either go to Carolina's board or get a hobby.

The sad thing is, for those of you who are Rangers fans, don't think moving Georgiev is the end of this. The same people will find a new excuse to have this conversation in every thread.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
If you don’t shut up about it, look to start arguments with others about conspiracy theories you know they disagree about, and are a complete ass about it, it likely matters. But I’ve never been in a locker room so I dunno.
matters to who, the team? its no secret he was very well liked in the room. and i think thats a sizable mischaracterization of his actions but regardless its pretty easy for anyone to avoid things if someone elses thoughts are that upsetting. individual opinions have just never been something i was bothered by so i cant relate, but i strongly disagree with people who display an air of superiority for their own opinions and are arrogant enough to condemn others.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Yes, fan boys.

Hide behind "I just think he's a good player" all you want, it's not fooling anybody.

There's a contingent on the Rangers board that are more DeAngelo fans than Rangers fans and this is where they can get attention for shitposting about it.

Over a player that was here 167 games. Either go to Carolina's board or get a hobby.

The sad thing is, for those of you who are Rangers fans, don't think moving Georgiev is the end of this. The same people will find a new excuse to have this conversation in every thread.
The D’Angelo move was terrible anyway you look at it.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I’m suspicious of Servavelli. Could a pundit be doing a favor for a favor for a G.M. trying to acquire Georgiev on the cheap? From our brief history with Drury’s group we know there are zero leaks there. And up to this point Mike Luit’s agency has kept to the usual talking points.
I can’t imagine Luit would risk all his future dealings with Drury over one client.
The sports insider is a double agent. They spread propaganda for G.M.’s in exchange for information from failed conversation that those G.M.’s have had with other teams.
You could be on to something. Georgiev fired the Liut team and hired a different agent a few days ago. Now this comes out when we all know Drury is keeping lips in house sealed.

Something stinks.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
I want him as far away from our lockerrroom as possible. Kinkaid is a great character guy. If we could give Georgiev away for free I’d be happy
Kinkaid's been playing at sub-Georgiev level in Hartford lately. Last night, he gave 3 goals on 5 shots and on the two saves he made, he kicked out rebounds that led to goals.

Reactions: romba

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He would be gone anyway.

We have 4 NHL RHD and 3 spots as it is.
We need more offence and great skating on the backend, although our defense is considered by most to be a strength.. I was surprised to hear on one of the opposing teams broadcasts recently they brought up that we have the lowest contribution to offence from our D of any team in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille