Rumor: [Seravelli] Georgiev will not Re-Sign, Rangers Actively trying to Trade Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
There’s a lot of things to unpack with Georgiev. Teams have been really concerned with his body language, about his commitment, they feel that he’s outwardly been selfish. I think there’s been talk about what he’s like in the Rangers dressing room that has hurt his trade stock. The Rangers are actively trying to move him. What can they get for him? It’s probably a late round pick at this point. I’m thinking a 4th. Alex Nedeljkovic went for a 3rd, and Georgiev hasn’t been as good as him, plus there’s baggage, and he’s not coming back. So the Rangers don’t have much leverage. Vegas is a strong possibility.
@14:09

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Viewing this entire scenario in hindsight I would not be surprised if Drury was aware Georgiev was going to be an issue even before the season started. That's why we got that nonsensical Gallant press conference where he pretended Shesterkin wasn't "the guy" and they were both going to get equal looks despite everyone with a pulse knowing that wasn't true.

It's really not that hard to envision some resentment here from Georgiev. In a way, he was the heir apparent. He spent those seasons toiling away as Henrik's backup and probably felt he "put in his time" and "earned" the job just to watch the actual best goalie in the world drop in and take the job from him. This is now his 7th season with the Rangers/Wolf Pack and he's further away from being an NHL starter than ever before. I'm not saying he's right but this kind of thing happens in pretty much every single workplace in the country so I'm not at all surprised.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If all they can get is a mid late round pick, might as well hang on to Georgie until the end of the season.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Viewing this entire scenario in hindsight I would not be surprised if Drury was aware Georgiev was going to be an issue even before the season started. That's why we got that nonsensical Gallant press conference where he pretended Shesterkin wasn't "the guy" and they were both going to get equal looks despite everyone with a pulse knowing that wasn't true.

It's really not that hard to envision some resentment here from Georgiev. In a way, he was the heir apparent. He spent those seasons toiling away as Henrik's backup and probably felt he "put in his time" and "earned" the job just to watch the actual best goalie in the world drop in and take the job from him. This is now his 7th season with the Rangers/Wolf Pack and he's further away from being an NHL starter than ever before. I'm not saying he's right but this kind of thing happens in pretty much every single workplace in the country so I'm not at all surprised.
I believe proper development for AG would have been another year or so in the AHL. Promoting him permanently and giving him only spot starts was bad for his development, while great for his wallet. That said, had he played better, maybe he would have gotten more starts and, thus, developed better.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If all they can get is a mid late round pick, might as well hang on to Georgie until the end of the season.
If the Rangers qualify him and he turns it down do they get some kind of compensation when/if he signs elsewhere?

Just curious. To be honest I would probably just let him walk without making the qualifier. He might take it!

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
He is hot garbage....take what we can get . Start working on finding a guy for next season at less than 2 million .....that's what has to be done now.

Reactions: Number 9

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The Rangers don't have $2M. The Rangers need to find a goaltender for less than $1M.
WOW....I thought I was being practical staying under 2 . Maybe we catch a Genie in a bottle and with some rubbing by Allaire....he can win us 10 games . You figure they already have a target for this RB ?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
WOW....I thought I was being practical staying under 2 . Maybe we catch a Genie in a bottle and with some rubbing by Allaire....he can win us 10 games . You figure they already have a target for this RB ?
Filip Gustavsson in Ottawa. The Senators have Matt Murray signed for the next two seasons. $6.25M. They also have Anton Forsberg. He is a free agent this summer. One day Ottawa is planning to re-sign him. The next day Ottawa will try to trade him. If Pierre Dorion does re-sign Forsberg, Gustavsson is the odd man out. His contract becomes a one day deal next season. $825,000. $787,500 cap hit. His waiver exemption expires after this season. He played a good game against the Rangers last month.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I want him as far away from our lockerrroom as possible. Kinkaid is a great character guy. If we could give Georgiev away for free I’d be happy

Pretty sure Hartford has been leaking Goals
Kinkaid is a good 3rd but Garand likely comes to the AHL next year

Georgiev to Vegas at 50 off for a pick

Then flip a pick for either Greiss or Jones

Only problem is the picks will be close so it’s basically a move just to dump Georgie lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That deal with Arizona for a goalie prospect is intriguing. Doing some digging, and connecting the dots, I think that may have been Anson Thornton who played with Brennan Othmann for the Flyers.

Reactions: egelband

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

If he wanted to be the "heir apparent" then he should've played better. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad