Rumor: [Seravelli] Georgiev will not Re-Sign, Rangers Actively trying to Trade Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I wouldn’t trade him now.

Unless they get a competent NHL backup back.

The Rangers can’t be buyers at the deadline with no backup to Igor. Working against yourself

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
"There’s a lot of things to unpack with Georgiev. Teams have been really concerned with his body language, about his commitment, they feel that he’s outwardly been selfish. I think there’s been talk about what he’s like in the Rangers dressing room that has hurt his trade stock. The Rangers are actively trying to move him. What can they get for him? It’s probably a late round pick at this point. I’m thinking a 4th. Alex Nedeljkovic went for a 3rd, and Georgiev hasn’t been as good as him, plus there’s baggage, and he’s not coming back. So the Rangers don’t have much leverage. Vegas is a strong possibility."

This echoes what I've been saying for over a year. We'll be lucky to get a 4th. L-U-C-K-Y

Not only does he hurt the team with this nonsense, he also hurts himself as other teams/scouts aren't blind to this junk. It's like having Kravtsov in net.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
At a certain point it’s time for all parties to move on. It’s beyond that point. Georgiev signed as a undrafted free agent. He wants to move on. Just facilitate it and move on. It’s not a good look to keep a depth player who doesn’t want to be there blocked for years.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If the Rangers qualify him and he turns it down do they get some kind of compensation when/if he signs elsewhere?

Just curious. To be honest I would probably just let him walk without making the qualifier. He might take it!
If they extend the QO and he refuses to sign it he can sign overseas and that's it, and we don't get compensation in any way. We'd hold his NHL rights I believe through his age-27 season, so not even much longer.

I'd just move him out for what ever we can get and see if we can then acquire someone else under control who isn't expensive. I don't care if we give up more for that person than we get for Georgiev as we'll need a backup beyond this season. Kinkaid isn't a solution, I don't think Huska is either. Garand and Boyko are probably a season or two away from being able to contribute.

Reactions: Cmox and egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If the Rangers qualify him and he turns it down do they get some kind of compensation when/if he signs elsewhere?

Just curious. To be honest I would probably just let him walk without making the qualifier. He might take it!
No, and we won't qualify him. His QO is 2.65 mil. We can't afford that. If we don't trade him by the draft, he'll become a UFA.
Chandler Stephenson.
Lol I wish.
Just more confirmation that mistakes have been made in this rebuild. They do add up eventually. This was a two-fer

Buying out Hank (when he would call it quits anyway due to his heart) and then buying out ADA and getting zip for him.
You can't keep making these mistakes if you want a Cup.
The fact that Georgiev was part of the problem doesn't mean that the Rangers were wrong to dump ADA. The fight was hardly an isolated incident.

ADA is behaving himself so far in Carolina, but that was to be expected. He knows he has to behave if he wants to get a good contract this summer. Let's see what happens after he gets that contract, and how he behaves if that team starts to face some adversity. Maybe he has actually learned the error of his ways. We'll see.

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
If he wanted to be the "heir apparent" then he should've played better. Full stop.

Oversimplification. It's nice to say things like this but is it really even true? Which other goalies in the world wouldn't be playing second fiddle to Igor Shesterkin?

Realistically, even if Georgiev played to the absolute best of his personal abilities he would still be backing up Shesterkin for the rest of his career. As would pretty much every single other goalie currently playing ice hockey in the world today. Andrei Vasilievskiy would be backing up Igor Shesterkin.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I have specifically mentioned Geo’s body language, said he comes off as selfish and said I think he isn’t liked in the room. Maybe Seravelli reads our GDTs. Or maybe it’s kind of obvious and the team really doesn’t like him.
The body language and arrogance and all that, it's a fine line. We all know Hank's body language wasn't always what you'd consider "ideal," and he'd bark at teammates from time to time, but he was a star and a leader on the ice so it worked. Unfortunately Georgiev has been garbage for a while now so no one is willing to put up with that bullshit. :laugh:

Reactions: romba

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
No, and we won't qualify him. His QO is 2.65 mil. We can't afford that. If we don't trade him by the draft, he'll become a UFA.

Lol I wish.

The fact that Georgiev was part of the problem doesn't mean that the Rangers were wrong to dump ADA. The fight was hardly an isolated incident.

ADA is behaving himself so far in Carolina, but that was to be expected. He knows he has to behave if he wants to get a good contract this summer. Let's see what happens after he gets that contract, and how he behaves if that team starts to face some adversity. Maybe he has actually learned the error of his ways. We'll see.
Fair enough but my gripe isn’t dumping Tony, it’s getting zip for him except the check.

Again, all the mistakes add up and when you combine them w some bad luck like having ur #2 and #1 draft picks looking less than stellar you get the situation everyone was worried about… the perpetual rebuild.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Seems like a weird spin. I have trouble believing that if the Rangers offered his qualifying offer he wouldn't sign it. He isn't going to make half of that as a UFA.

But the Rangers won't qualify him anyway.

If they can get anything for him at all good riddance. We are going to be ride or die with Shesty anyway, doesn't matter too much who the backup is who is likely going to get like 5 games the rest of the season.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Oversimplification. It's nice to say things like this but is it really even true? Which other goalies in the world wouldn't be playing second fiddle to Igor Shesterkin?

Realistically, even if Georgiev played to the absolute best of his personal abilities he would still be backing up Shesterkin for the rest of his career. As would pretty much every single other goalie currently playing ice hockey in the world today. Andrei Vasilievskiy would be backing up Igor Shesterkin.
Sure. Not unseating Igor but if he was playing better, I think another team would have stepped up by now. Or he’d at least be in line for a raise we can’t afford. Which would get him traded. By hook or by crook he’d probably be starting somewhere.

Reactions: Cmox

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We aren't winning the cup with either Georgiev or Kinkaid as the goalie so I'd rather have the guy in the room who is well liked. Easy choice.

I'd even pair Geo with a 7th to get him out the door.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Let's put it this way. If HF Boards posters notice that something is off, pro scouts from around the league notice too.

The Rangers should have treated both he and DeAngelo the same way after the fight last year. Send them both home. If you want to build a culture of winning and inclusion in the locker room, zero tolerance for that kind of behavior. Mixing it up in practice because both guys are playing hard and battling is one thing, but that was different.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
1647699383399.jpeg

I mean Georgie. You’re out, Georgie.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Just more confirmation that mistakes have been made in this rebuild. They do add up eventually. This was a two-fer

Buying out Hank (when he would call it quits anyway due to his heart) and then buying out ADA and getting zip for him.
You can't keep making these mistakes if you want a Cup.

The Henrik situation wasn't known at the time. The two aren't related. DeAngelo would've gone off the deep end anyway. He was upset about the election and vocal about it (mods this was discussed by Edge). Him and Quinn had issues. Quinn sucked and couldn't keep the room behaving.

He's currently injured and because of the Kotkeniemi extension, he probably goes to another team. He's going to have a very journeyman career.

Reactions: leetch99

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Trading Georgiev for a late round aka hope pick is fine however they need a legit backup. Kinkaid isn't it.

So they're going to have to replace him or use other assets for a replacement. I keep going back to Charlie Lindgren from STL who is a UFA at year's end. STL needs defense help.

Another option is retain salary on Georgiev and take back a large contract.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Sure. Not unseating Igor but if he was playing better, I think another team would have stepped up by now. Or he’d at least be in line for a raise we can’t afford. Which would get him traded. By hook or by crook he’d probably be starting somewhere.

I don't disagree and I'm not making excuses from him. Just saying I'm not at all surprised it's going the way it's going.

I've seen this story so many times in so many different workplaces.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Being garbage is one thing. Carrying yourself like you're one of the best is the thing that should drive him out and back to Bulgaria.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’m suspicious of Servavelli. Could a pundit be doing a favor for a favor for a G.M. trying to acquire Georgiev on the cheap? From our brief history with Drury’s group we know there are zero leaks there. And up to this point Mike Luit’s agency has kept to the usual talking points.
I can’t imagine Luit would risk all his future dealings with Drury over one client.
The sports insider is a double agent. They spread propaganda for G.M.’s in exchange for information from failed conversation that those G.M.’s have had with other teams.

Reactions: Ola

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I’m suspicious of Servavelli. Could a pundit be doing a favor for a favor for a G.M. trying to acquire Georgiev on the cheap? From our brief history with Drury’s group we know there are zero leaks there. And up to this point Mike Luit’s agency has kept to the usual talking points.
I can’t imagine Luit would risk all his future dealings with Drury over one client.
The sports insider is a double agent. They spread propaganda for G.M.’s in exchange for information from failed conversation that those G.M.’s have had with other teams.
There's no conspiracy here. This isn't he first time it has been suggested that Georgiev wants out and his value is at an all time low. Seravelli isn't going to be some GM's mouthpiece just so that GM can pay a 6th instead of a 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino