Seravalli: Seravalli & Marek: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Gibson, Markstrom, etc all would have been fun, but the Avs don't have the cap for Gibby since Ducks can't retain and don't really have a cap dump now that RyJo is gone.
George could go back but that doesn't fix the Avs issue.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
My mother who is an avid Avs fan had this old saying she'd say all the time

"Live.Laugh.AcquireJakeAllen"

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
My mother who is an avid Avs fan had this old saying she'd say all the time

"Live.Laugh.AcquireJakeAllen"

YARN | Alan. | Jurassic Park III (2001) | Video gifs by quotes | 6af0bf07 |  紗

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs and Caps has history on goalie trades. And here we are again, not one but two market-qualified options to get it going!

Lindgren is the value piece, Kuemper you get for scraps. Which one you want?

And forget that Allen dude, what ive heard Habs arent looking to trade him. They are chasing the wildcard-spot.

They have a goalie line? Which is the C?

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
No I don’t think he’s a good backup for the playoffs. But saying “it’s only Chicago” when you didn’t even see the saves is very disingenuous.
How? I said I saw he got 2 shutouts against weak competition. Sure there are games where weak teams "bring it", and you are suggesting that is the case in those games. But it's very reasonable for someone who didn't watch them to assume they were "easy" shutouts. That is why I specifically asked what Avs fans think of him as a legit backup going into playoffs against harder teams.

Nothing disingenuous at all.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
why would they do that. it looks like they are trying to add speed and grit
Just getting very full with the current additions as well as adding Kovalenko soon. Just very packed even after the current roster in the 13th and 14th spots.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
players are going to go down with injuries if it's a long run.
We need the 3/4th line to bring intensity to every playoff game and almost for sure we will see players going down over a long run. Even cogs went down and hes made of iron.

Newhook (21 year old), Aube Kubel, Nico Sturm. All played 12 games+.

I can guarantee you Bednar would rather roll with Wood, Trenin and Duhaime.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Lindgren is really the answer here although I think the cost in terms of futures will be more than people expect. He's having a stellar season for the Caps behind a poor team and he's signed for $1.1 million through next season.

That kind of performance to contract value for another year and a half is worth its weight in gold. Even if he comes back to earth that is a fine contract for an above average backup. But if he keeps playing like he has this year and in his previous stints in St. Louis? It's a bargain contract for a good starter.

The Caps aren't going to give him away but they are stuck with Kuemper's big contract even though he's been significantly worse than Lindgren and they have another unheralded gem in Stevenson due in the next year or two.

Frankie will be gone next year so $4.5 million combined for George and Lindgren is very doable.

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
Jake Allen is a Habs legend i think he stays in Montreal the fans seem to be avid about him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad