Seravalli: Seravalli & Marek: "Avs are 100% acquiring a goaltender"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Lindgren is really the answer here although I think the cost in terms of futures will be more than people expect. He's having a stellar season for the Caps behind a poor team and he's signed for $1.1 million through next season.

That kind of performance to contract value for another year and a half is worth its weight in gold. Even if he comes back to earth that is a fine contract for an above average backup. But if he keeps playing like he has this year and in his previous stints in St. Louis? It's a bargain contract for a good starter.

The Caps aren't going to give him away but they are stuck with Kuemper's big contract even though he's been significantly worse than Lindgren and they have another unheralded gem in Stevenson due in the next year or two.

Frankie will be gone next year so $4.5 million combined for George and Lindgren is very doable.
This is the right answer. It's just a matter of the cost.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Lindgren led out onto the ice for the Caps, so he's starting tonight against the Pens with Shepard backing him up. So nothing is eminent regarding a Lindgren trade.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Lindgren is really the answer here although I think the cost in terms of futures will be more than people expect. He's having a stellar season for the Caps behind a poor team and he's signed for $1.1 million through next season.

That kind of performance to contract value for another year and a half is worth its weight in gold. Even if he comes back to earth that is a fine contract for an above average backup. But if he keeps playing like he has this year and in his previous stints in St. Louis? It's a bargain contract for a good starter.

The Caps aren't going to give him away but they are stuck with Kuemper's big contract even though he's been significantly worse than Lindgren and they have another unheralded gem in Stevenson due in the next year or two.

Frankie will be gone next year so $4.5 million combined for George and Lindgren is very doable.
If we djdnt already get Trenin, im sure we tried to get dowd and lindgrin.

Reactions: HeyMattyB

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
For the pure mental gymnastics of posters around here, I hope it’s Binnington

This is what I was coming to say exactly. Seeing Blues fans who defended his crybaby antics unreasonably and Avs fans who hated him unreasonably suddenly have to swap sides would be hysterical It would never happen due to being in division, but boy would it be some lols.

Reactions: tvillewr4

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Markstrom at 50% retained (3 mil) for Calum RItchie+2026 2nd that becomes 2024 1st if Colorado makes the cup finals in 2024+ cap dump? Is that insane? Totally get why Avs won't wanna give up Ritchie but it seems like they're really going all in
Ritchie isn’t going anywhere cmac has said as much

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Ritchie isn’t going anywhere cmac has said as much
I agree he’s likely not getting traded but you can never believe management lol. Bednar just got done saying Byram was sick before they announced the trade, for example.

MarchessaultCantRead

Mar 3, 2023
Both Lindgren/Dowd have an extra year left with cap hits of $1.1 million and $1.3 million. Sorry no retain. You want both then trade a contract out! We are not giving them to the Avs for pennies on the dollar! Pony up big or forget it!
Lindgren has been good this year, but isn’t very proven, so there’s considerable risk in him not being able to hold it down come playoff time.

Dowd is a 4th liner, albeit a really good one.

Also, the retention is only pennies for this year and $650k next year.

2024 1st+ should be fair IMO and I wouldn’t do more than that if I were the Avs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille