Rumor: Seravalli- 'Canucks were ready willing and eager to move Miller' where does he go this off-season if moved?

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
As a Canuck fan I don't understand the obsession some fans have about trading Miller. If we were tanking sure, but EP and QH primes are the next 5 years. Miller is signed to a very reasonable contract for a player who should be the 3-5th best player on a contender.

I also don’t get what ppl want from trading Miller. Everyone with “CAP SPACE” jerseys are vying for him to take the ice? It’s not like there’s any capable center available.

Fans of no team want this guys contract.

OP starts thread after thread about this.

Of course they’re “ready and willing to trade him”. They have buyers remorse before it even started. My favorite part is “for the right price….”

Only true statement here is “OP starts thread after thread about this.”

Reactions: ghostingtaro

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
But honestly…. At OP..

.. I don’t think you need to make a thread with every single bs report-of-rumour-as-fact.

.. people have Twitter. Most of this is garbage and the same talking points at best.

Reactions: jd22

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Larkin will make 8.7 mil until he is 35 yr old on a rebuilding team.

What the difference?

and yes we will enjoy Hronek. who btw has better defensive numbers than Seider. Yeesh.. If you say Hronek cant play defense, then what does that say about big MO!

Goals Against- Hronek- 58
Seider- 94

CF% - Hronek - 49%
Seider- 46%

GF% - Hronek - 58%
Seider - 44%
Imagine thinking raw GA, CF%, and GF% with zero context are "defensive numbers" :laugh:

Give your f***ing head a shake.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Doesn't make any sense. They extend him just to trade him? They dont trade him when he has a 6MM cap hit when cap crunched teams most would desire him in a win now mode?

Sounds more like you need to stop paying attention to these insiders who wants your clicks.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
i can see jt miller moved

to houston

as part of the canucks :naughty:
In your dreams, NHL won't move the 6th most profitable team to Houston lol, especially when Vancouver supports the team when they don't even make playoffs for 8 years. They wouldn't last a year in Houston and Bettman would lose a lot of revenue

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Makes so much sense. "We have to get him locked up, oh wait, the contract hasn't started yet, we need to move him!" This is like the Luongo/Schneider thing all over again. They have both him and Horvat, reported issues, and now both gone in short order, just like when they couldn't decided between the two goalies and they were both gone.

Like pick a lane and stay with it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If he gets moved 100% Vancouver will retain.

Before they couldn't retain since his new contract so didn't kick in yet.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Seravalli trying to create chaos in Vancouver for the clicks. Guess what Frank, Vancouver doesnt really need the extra fuel to the fire. They are doing well on their own.

I do wonder if Seravalli doesnt like Canadian markets though. Seems like a bit of a trend to me.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think Pittsburgh is probably interested because they suspect that one of Malkin or Crosby (probably Malkin) will have to transition to the wing within the next couple of seasons, and that they can play Miller as a winger in the short term and as a top 6 center in the future.

If Vancouver really wants a capable NHL center with term coming the other way - as is being reported - I can see the Pens offering Granlund along with significant picks and/or prospects before the draft.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Imagine thinking raw GA, CF%, and GF% with zero context are "defensive numbers" :laugh:

Give your f***ing head a shake.
He found the numbers he wanted to find and stopped looking. This is what we do on HF.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
The reason the deal didn't get done is because Van refused to retain. It's as simple as that. I don't think they will change their minds this summer and will continue to try to get some dumb team to take that contract, but in the end, I don't see it happening.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The reason the deal didn't get done is because Van refused to retain. It's as simple as that. I don't think they will change their minds this summer and will continue to try to get some dumb team to take that contract, but in the end, I don't see it happening.
Retention on his current contract carries over to the new contract. So you can’t accurately retain when the salary changes drastically.

The hanging point was also wanting a center back, not because of retention

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
He produces year in and year out. Why are fans constantly trying to trade him. On the islander boards we have dreams of launching Josh Bailey into the sun but that is because he sucks. Miller is a good player on an OK contract. He just seems to be the whipping boy every year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Since Fletcher is hell-bent on acquiring all of the most unlikeable players in hockey, I would guess he tries his hardest to bring Miller to Philly this summer..if he's not fired first.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
It's hard to imagine Vancouver retaining 40ish percent for 8 years.

That would be absolutely insane. 3.2M x 7 years. Miller is likely going to be 75ish point guy for at a few years. Nobody retains that long for an actual good player. Hell, OEL was widely considered a terrible contract and the Yotes only retained 1M.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Who reported this?

Haven't seen this yet.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
It was reported that they didn't trade him because they wanted NHL ready players instead of draft picks. I just don't understand why they didn't take the package and then flip the picks like in the Hronek deal for a player or two.

Reactions: Lustaf

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings could swing it if Petersen and either Iafallo or Walker were going the other way. Plus picks, prospects, or young players.

Miller - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
JAD - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
They could not trade him last deadline. Could not trade him at the draft. Could not trade him during the ufa period of the offseason. Could not trade him at this deadline. I'm picking up some kind of pattern

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Kings could swing it if Petersen and either Iafallo or Walker were going the other way. Plus picks, prospects, or young players.

Miller - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Vilardi
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
JAD - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Bjornfot - Roy

Korpisalo
Copley

Durzi not in the long term plans?

Ad

Upcoming events