Rumor: Seravalli- 'Canucks were ready willing and eager to move Miller' where does he go this off-season if moved?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Seravalli on Miller: Canucks were ready, willing and eager to move him at this deadline...I think ultimately the reason this deal didn't get done was on Pittsburgh's end. (Canucks Central)

So it sounds like for the right price, the Canucks are willing to move on from JT Miller. In return , the Canucks would like to add a young 2C or potential 2C prospect, or picks and players good enough that the Canucks can flip for a young 2C.

Which teams, that perhaps an early playoff exit or worse, missing the playoffs, will have their GM re-evaluate interest on Miller.

The free agent list this summer is absolutely atrocious.

If Miller was a free agent, he would easily be one of the biggest free agents on the market. This is relevant as Miller's new contract will kick in this summer. 8mil AAV for 7 years.

Miller is a skilled playmaking powerforward.

- 273 pts in 266 games as a Canuck
- On pace for 75 pts, 28 goals this season
- 29 yrs old

Miller fight last night after Smith was running around on Kravstov the shift before.

Miller on PK

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Didn’t Vancouver reporters come out and say that the Canucks liked the Penguins offer but they wanted a center back, which is why they said no? Not sure how that would be Pittsburgh’s end.

Reactions: Turin

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Didn’t Vancouver reporters come out and say that the Canucks liked the Penguins offer but they wanted a center back, which is why they said no? Not sure how that would be Pittsburgh’s end.
I don’t think Vancouver reporters said anything? Wasn’t it Dreger and Bob McKenzie? FWIW, Allvin said he never received an offer and one team showed some interest. It very well could’ve been Vancouver approached Pittsburgh with an offer, Hextall considered it, and then decided to go with a cheaper option in Granlund. But who really knows.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Thre's lots of smoke but Seravalli has been bang on with Canucks for a while now.

He said yesterday that it was the Pens that didnt make the deal happen not the Canucks.

Not sure if that means the Pens didnt want to pay the price tag the Canucks wanted.

but i wouldnt believe anything Dregger says.

He says the Canucks refused draft picks because they wanted a 2c...

That makes no sense considering the Canucks have shown they have no problem flipping draft picks received for roster players.

Same old song and dance. Move him if you're going to move him.

I think the Miller situation wont be resolved until his no movement clause kicks in which is July 1.

Miller talks will only get more and more heated as we get closer to the draft, expect insiders to continue feeding us on it.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Rutherford sucks at his job
what else is new
700y23.jpg

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
At this point I feel like Seravelli is just doubling down on something he reported without a real source.

As Urbanimpact said, there is light at the end of the tunnel though, a NTC kicks in July 1st.

Otherwise, I don't really worry about moving him. He has a big cap hit, but he produces for it, both score sheet and otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad