Rumor: Seravalli- 'Canucks were ready willing and eager to move Miller' where does he go this off-season if moved?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
no one has turned on Miller… most Canuck fan know he’s a great player for us. A lot of us wanted a rebuild which is why many wanted to move him, but it’s clear that’s not happening and it’s playoffs for next season which means keeping Miller. I love Miller as a player, I’m just not sure the Canucks will be contenders in Millers prime years.
he just signed an 8 year deal and the team "ready willing and eager to move miller"

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I had a dream a few nights ago where he went to Minnesota for Rossi and a bunch of other stuff to make the cap work.

So that's my prediction as my dreams are never wrong.
Lol delusional! Minnesota isn't taking on Miller in a million years! Or trading Rossi! You forgot Minnesota is in cap hell

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Larkin will make 8.7 mil until he is 35 yr old on a rebuilding team.

What the difference?

and yes we will enjoy Hronek. who btw has better defensive numbers than Seider. Yeesh.. If you say Hronek cant play defense, then what does that say about big MO!

Goals Against- Hronek- 58
Seider- 94

CF% - Hronek - 49%
Seider- 46%

GF% - Hronek - 58%
Seider - 44%
Lol. Someone’s in for a rude awakening with Hronek if this is your justification. Being defensively suspect is Hronek’s calling card. That’s why he gets sheltered and Mo doesn’t.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Boston will need a center or two, but Miller is the antithesis of what they want in a player.

On the other hand, he could be a sneaky good add if the leadership group in Boston could turn him around. That’s the kind of move that could extend your team’s Cup window well into the 2020s.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Who is ready for another offseason of JT Miller threads and proposals? This is going to be awesome. I wanna see no less than 3 concurrent JT Miller proposals in the trade forums until puck drops opening night next season.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Were obviously retooling, I don’t understand the point of trading him anymore, especially because he’s been playing so good under rick tochett

I don’t know where Tochett’s opinion ranks in the Vancouver hierarchy, but he wants to be immediately competitive and not tank or rebuild. I assume he’d be completely against trading Miller.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
he just signed an 8 year deal and the team "ready willing and eager to move miller"

If he had just signed an eight year deal probably the Canucks wouldn't be willing to move him, but since he only signed a seven year extension he's more expendable. ;)

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
Probably to Nashville so they can obtain more bloated lengthy contracts on 60pt players who got paid after a career year

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
The next soul crushing momemt for Canucks fans (right after not winning the draft lottery) will be when Miller's NMC kicks in after offers from four teams fail to convince Canucks ownership to sell. He promptly turn into 36 year old Blake Wheeler. Franchise trade five first rounders to move contract. He turms into 25 year old Cam Neely.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Larkin will make 8.7 mil until he is 35 yr old on a rebuilding team.

What the difference?

and yes we will enjoy Hronek. who btw has better defensive numbers than Seider. Yeesh.. If you say Hronek cant play defense, then what does that say about big MO!

Goals Against- Hronek- 58
Seider- 94

CF% - Hronek - 49%
Seider- 46%

GF% - Hronek - 58%
Seider - 44%
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

stripes1

Mar 7, 2023
no one has turned on Miller… most Canuck fan know he’s a great player for us. A lot of us wanted a rebuild which is why many wanted to move him, but it’s clear that’s not happening and it’s playoffs for next season which means keeping Miller. I love Miller as a player, I’m just not sure the Canucks will be contenders in Millers prime years.
"great player" is a major, major stretch.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
The greatest player of all time Wayne Gretzky was traded while still in his prime...

Yet internet fans are whining about a player getting dealt, even though he just signed a long term extension...look at the first line above!

Any player at any time should be available if a team offers you up something insane...Obviously there are a handful of players that are unlikely to be available regardless of the return, JT Miller is NOT on that list!!!

But, keep whining instead, if ya don't like it stop reading it or leave the topic/forum if its too much to hear. It is rumours...just like kids do in school this is the nhl level being made by a bunch of nobodies...us fans and media!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Fans of no team want this guys contract.

OP starts thread after thread about this.

Of course they’re “ready and willing to trade him”. They have buyers remorse before it even started. My favorite part is “for the right price….”

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Probably to Nashville so they can obtain more bloated lengthy contracts on 60pt players who got paid after a career year
How is he a 60pt player? After multiple seasons and hundreds of games on the Canucks, he’s over a point per game. He is a flawed player, but people 1) really underestimate his performance and 2) put an awful lot of faith in reporting about the Canucks moves even though there is very little evidence of actual leaks ever coming from the current Canucks management side. As in, how many of any of these predictions about this team’s moves have come to pass in any way?

I’m not saying a trade couldn’t happen. Not directed at you, but as sick as people are of JT Miller trade discussions, maybe they shouldn’t try to hang that on the team and make up narratives based on seemingly flawed reporting that hasn’t gotten a lot right about this team.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
As a Canuck fan I don't understand the obsession some fans have about trading Miller. If we were tanking sure, but EP and QH primes are the next 5 years. Miller is signed to a very reasonable contract for a player who should be the 3-5th best player on a contender.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
well i guess there is always the terrible option of keeping a PPG C.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Because that contract is an albatross. Horrible contracts more than anything else are suffocating the Canucks.
What makes it a albatross exactly, if JT Miller was a free agent this off-season, you’ll probably get 9,000,000+, Domi is basically the best free agent.

He’s putting up basically ppg numbers, and it’s a completely different player from the first half of the season, playing just as good as last year, people are just so short sighted.

Reminds me of morons, who still think that Quinn Hughes is bad defensively

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I don’t believe a thing the media says regarding Vancouver these days.

Since Allvin has come in they haven’t leaked any transaction.

This is whiffs of drumming up clicks as the entire fan base gets whipped into a frenzy regarding any rumour these days.

At this point I feel like Seravelli is just doubling down on something he reported without a real source.

As Urbanimpact said, there is light at the end of the tunnel though, a NTC kicks in July 1st.

Otherwise, I don't really worry about moving him. He has a big cap hit, but he produces for it, both score sheet and otherwise.

This. Like, is this revenge for not leaking anything?

Is this just low hanging fruit on getting clicks?

It seems weird everyone seems to have such access to these things that don’t happen, but absolutely none on the things that do. And I mean, zilch, not even a hint of the trades, signings, etc that go down.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad