News Article: Sep 20: Newbury/Danis/Holmstrom clear waivers, sent to AHL; Bourdon clears (LTIR?)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Not certain but I believe he started his rookie year on the 4th line behind Forsy, Carter, Zeus. Not for long too long anyways, but considering our core of forwards I would cap Laughton as an elite 3rd line center in any near future around here so I don't see why 4th line duties don't suffice, if not suite him better at the moment. Im sure he would be looking at some PK duty and immediate looks at top-9 when we have injuries. We have no need to force him up the depth chart and it puts him in a likely position to exceed expectations rather than fail or fight to meet them. Def worth the 9-game preview.
talbot-laughton-rinaldo would make for a dangerous 4th line if he can pull his weight in the circle. We also have the depth to release him to the WJC if theyd be willing to consider it.

pretty sure carter and richards were on the 4th line to start. by the end of the season that may have changed but i'm pretty sure they started together.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
That fight with Mike Brown was bad..he really left himself open to get his face smashed. If it has given him PTSD ...that fight was really costly. He's cooked if he is hesitant to play his game anymore.

he only play 3 games since the brown fight
and he play the same style of game in this 3 games

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
he only play 3 games since the brown fight
and he play the same style of game in this 3 games

Incorrect. Other than Bill M. asking him if he felt the same and he dodged the question, you can EASILY tell he isnt playing the same he did before the injury. He is playing hesitant and not playing the rough type of hockey that he got called up to do in the first place.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Incorrect. Other than Bill M. asking him if he felt the same and he dodged the question, you can EASILY tell he isnt playing the same he did before the injury. He is playing hesitant and not playing the rough type of hockey that he got called up to do in the first place.

in pre-season how he play?

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
lol boll 1.7m .thornton 1m
rosehill 0.7m

You think there's a reason those two get paid more than Rosehill? They're regulars in NHL lineups for the same reason.

rosehill 27years is better that thornton 36 years

Rosehill is younger and nowhere close to being as good as Shawn Thornton. In ANY aspect of hockey, including fighting. Thornton didn't make the playoffs with a team until he was 30. In 6 years since he's played in 89 playoff games. There's a reason for that too.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
All cleared, I guess some cap space will open up for the Flyers, Bourdon's 612K cap hit goes to AHL?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Danis played Thursday in a game against the Devils that received little or no attention. There is a story in the Phantoms' prospect sticky.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3