#Senswatch

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I've been watching a ton of these Sens preseason games, and man that defense. You think our D was a tire fire the last 5-6 years? I don't think it matters how well Anderson or that top line plays that D core is in for a rough season. If Boucher is being forced to stop his trap scheme as articles suggest I think Anderson is going to be pushing for most shots faced in a season ever.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I've been watching a ton of these Sens preseason games, and man that defense. You think our D was a tire fire the last 5-6 years? I don't think it matters how well Anderson or that top line plays that D core is in for a rough season. If Boucher is being forced to stop his trap scheme as articles suggest I think Anderson is going to be pushing for most shots faced in a season ever.

I was curious about your source or sources on this statement. I am not suggesting that you are wrong, but I am not sure what Boucher is as a coach if he cannot use to his system.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I was curious about your source or sources on this statement. I am not suggesting that you are wrong, but I am not sure what Boucher is as a coach if he cannot use to his system.

Whatever comments/articles about it were read weeks ago on the Sens board. I tried digging for it and could only find articles suggesting that his trap system needs to be retooled to compensate for all the young players, but I've personally read it a few times on the Sens board and I'll keep digging for it

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017

Dorion also indicated the team needs to play with a defence-first philosophy — something that cost the team dearly last season. He added that head coach Guy Boucher would be changing his tactics on things like the power play and forechecking.
In particular, Dorion said, the club would move away from a passive approach and deploy an “unrelenting” forecheck.

https://www.tsn.ca/senators-reveal-more-pieces-of-rebuilding-plan-1.1171909

Does it say it word for word no, but it hints at changes in the system.

Reactions: Goulet17

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Preseason but Duchene looks like 13-14 Duchene.

Contract year + he's going to see a lot of ice this year. He was good for the 2nd half of the season last year.

Awesome dark horse for a fantasy team BTW.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
I was at the sens game tonight...Duchene was dominant. Best player on the ice by far. Having said that, Montreal were terrible, so it was hard to judge the sens. But man is Bobby Ryan slooooow.
Didn’t notice Chabot much. Anderson was ok, but he wasn’t really tested.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If Anderson isn't in a Veznia mode that defense is going to get absolutely shellacked. I know people are saying, "look at Vegas! Anything can happen." but I just don't see anything like that with that Senators roster. It's really, really bad.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The situation where Ottawa crawls out of the basement is if all the young kids play well and Duchene goes all 13-14 again. It could happen as the Ottawa scouts have brought in some real good talent and the NHL won't know their tendencies early. At best that gets them to a ~20-23 finish. Odds are high for bottom 3.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
If all the rookies play well that will just make them a normal bad team instead of a horrifically bad team.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They need a Hart contender to be even a bubble team, but they traded that guy away. I guess Duchene or Stone could go all William Karlsson on us, but I doubt it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Their problem is the same we had for years. Their D is putrid so their forwards need to be more aware and involved with the defensive tasks. They also lack a go-to defensive center due to injuries, their best defensive forward is also their best offensive player as well who will be asked to play in D situations limiting his offensive output and moving him away from the line Duchene will center, their goalie is a huge question mark, and most likely the difference between a sure fire last place in the league and a chance to be 10th from the bottom. The other big problem is that Dorion mandated they play an interesting brand of hockey, more offensively minded, which is the last thing you want to do when having putrid D in terms of defending and moving the puck. If Boucher is allowed to trap and grind they might be better than expected, if not they are destined for failure even with a good year from Anderson.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I hope the hawks light them up to break their spirit on the first day of their season. I think they can really get themselves in a hole emotionally if the first couple of games go really poorly.

Reactions: Tommy G

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1