Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
So you're saying..

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Jost - Hughes - Kakko
Kamenev - Bowers - Kaut

Is our future top 9?

This would be something to watch. Landeskog will be the only player over the age of 25. :popcorn:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
So you're saying..

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Jost - Hughes - Kakko
Kamenev - Bowers - Kaut

Is our future top 9?
Great minds think alike! :D

With Compher-Kerfoot-Calvert as the 4th line

And TOI ideally 17/17/17/9

The rest of the league (and fans) would hate us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murzu

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Of course there's a chance that Ottawa rebounds. Lots of things could go right for them that went wrong last year.
Here's the thing, stuff keeps going wrong for them since last year. Stuff start to need going right for them if they are going to rebound.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Great minds think alike! :D

With Compher-Kerfoot-Calvert as the 4th line

And TOI ideally 17/17/17/9

The rest of the league (and fans) would hate us.

Would be awesome *drool*.

Is it time to shut down the PlayStation already?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Thank God we have a new title.....bad juju is bad juju
I wasn't really comfortable with it either. If the Sens tank, we can gloat inside the thread all we want, but casual visitors won't see it.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I wasn't really comfortable with it either. If the Sens tank, we can gloat inside the thread all we want, but casual visitors won't see it.
I’m just not a fan of kicking someone while their down, especially just for the morbid fascination of it. It would be a little different if they were a rival or the team or board started some shenanigans or something.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I’m just not a fan of kicking someone while their down, especially just for the morbid fascination of it. It would be a little different if they were a rival or the team or board started some shenanigans or something.
Agreed to some extent, but it's going to happen. There's going to be a lot of joy in here if the Sens crumble and give us a lottery pick. That's inevitable, but I would hope that if Sens fans end up seeing it, it will only be because they click on this thread. If we can keep it in here, we can keep it off the main boards.

Reactions: DanishAvsfan

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
They have to trade all 3 of those guys or they walk for nothing , no way Ottawa can let that happen

Maybe but I think Dorion and Melnyk will hold them as long as possible to win, so they can make money and try to lower that 1st to make that trade look better. I wont be surprised if they hold them until the deadline, or finish the year with them if they're close to playoffs.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Agreed to some extent, but it's going to happen. There's going to be a lot of joy in here if the Sens crumble and give us a lottery pick. That's inevitable, but I would hope that if Sens fans end up seeing it, it will only be because they click on this thread. If we can keep it in here, we can keep it off the main boards.
All of that said, I do hope they finish dead last :laugh:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The Sens lineup is horrible. It's 2018, the parity in the league is high enough that every team has a few star players. The Sens lineup outside of Ek, Stone, Duchene will probably be the worst in the NHL. That defense outside of Karlsson is one of the worst I can remember. Obviously a lot of things can happen, but I would be very surprised if they make it out of the bottom five

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe but I think Dorion and Melnyk will hold them as long as possible to win, so they can make money and try to lower that 1st to make that trade look better. I wont be surprised if they hold them until the deadline, or finish the year with them if they're close to playoffs.
I think it will be around deadline time as well but no way that roster will be in playoffs

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We're cheering for good things happening to Avs more than bad things happening to Sens. That those two things might overlap is inevitable.

Reactions: McMetal

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I think it will be around deadline time as well but no way that roster will be in playoffs

No chance the Sens will be in contention by the end of the 1st month of the season.

Hoffman and Duchene deals have shown, the Sen are incapable of making good trades. They will get little in return that would only sink the team closer to the bottom.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I guess if nothing else we'll finally find out if Dutchy is a #1 C after all...

(he's not)

I think he's a legit 1C, question is whether he's an elite talent, and as much a fan of his as I am, I don't think he is.

I do have to wonder if he'll end up in Nashville at this point. They got plenty of cap space (yes, I know, they have to re-sign Josi soon) and Duchene would probably be switched to RW, but I could see it happening. Plus, he loves that town even though it's not as geographically friendly for him as Ottawa.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I think he's a legit 1C, question is whether he's an elite talent, and as much a fan of his as I am, I don't think he is.

I do have to wonder if he'll end up in Nashville at this point. They got plenty of cap space (yes, I know, they have to re-sign Josi soon) and Duchene would probably be switched to RW, but I could see it happening. Plus, he loves that town even though it's not as geographically friendly for him as Ottawa.

I agree Duchene will be a Pred, but they still need to clear salaries. Rinne $7M deal ends this season, assuming he is not resigned they will have $15M in Cap Space to offer likely $7.5m-$8.5M for Duchene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad