Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
1hc9rr.png

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Ottawa is 5 points short of getting out of the bottom 5. There's a bit of separation happening. Hopefully it keeps trending that way

It's very hard to believe they would beat Edmonton, Phoenix, St.Louis or Anaheim etc. These teams are still in a playoff battle, BUT The biggest concerns are LA (They are selling every one they can), Detroit(not too many interesting trade pieces, though), New Jersey, Philadelphia(everyone is for sale) and maybe Florida, but I don't think they have that much to sell.

Chicago will probably just hang on and re-build during the summer. They will have a lot of cap-space open for the summer (30 million I read) If they can get rid of a few contracts.

Please, Duchene and Stone. Leave Ottawa! That's the key for us. Otherwise, I don't see the top-3 pick coming to us, because everyone else is selling. If they leave, we have a huge chance. Ottawa will get back some warm bodies, but that's about it.

Sens games before Trade Deadline:

My Predictions

Pittsburgh Away
Detroit Home
Toronto Away
Anaheim Home
Winnipeg Home
Carolina Home
Detroit Away
Winnipeg Away
Chicago Away
New Jersey Away
Columbus Home
Calgary Home

Very tough games coming up. Those 2 games vs Detroit will be crucial for the bottom five.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsMakar08

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I really hope they sell Anderson at the deadline because they got a few weeks of good play out of Nilsson. Anderson has stolen some games for them and IMO is one of the biggest reasons there's not a 5+ point gap between them and 30th.

It seems very unlikely they'll end up keeping both Duchene and Stone let alone just one of them. As long as they lose at least one they're a much worse team after the deadline.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I really hope they sell Anderson at the deadline because they got a few weeks of good play out of Nilsson. Anderson has stolen some games for them and IMO is one of the biggest reasons there's not a 5+ point gap between them and 30th.

It seems very unlikely they'll end up keeping both Duchene and Stone let alone just one of them. As long as they lose at least one they're a much worse team after the deadline.
He's a decent insurance policy for a team with shaky goaltending looking to make a run. I think he's UFA after this season too, so no commitment will help.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Damn. Not gunna lie I was expecting him to re-sign there.

I could see Columbus, Carolina, Dallas and Nashville all going hard after him. Oh and the Islanders too. Dude will have plenty of options.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Damn. Not gunna lie I was expecting him to re-sign there.

I could see Columbus, Carolina, Dallas and Nashville all going hard after him. Oh and the Islanders too. Dude will have plenty of options.

I’d really like to see him in Carolina. Think that’d be the perfect spot for him. Doesn’t have to be the “guy” but would still be an huge piece, market isn’t big, and he’d get paid well on a team that should be good here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad