#Senswatch 8: Dawn of the Planet of the Gibbons

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
upload_2019-3-21_22-14-26.png

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I think we're guaranteed the best odds. Ottawa won't go 0.500; they'll win 3 games at most. The other teams will outpace them.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think we're guaranteed the best odds. Ottawa won't go 0.500; they'll win 3 games at most. The other teams will outpace them.

Nothing is guaranteed yet, but I agree the Sens going .500 would be very uncharacteristic of them. So let's assume .500 is what they end up doing, not quite the worst case scenario for us but also better than Ottawa's been almost all season. That means 4 wins and they finish at 64 points. Detroit would need get 3 points to beat that, LA would need to get 5 points.

1.5 wins for Detroit [@ VGK, @ SJ, @ BUF, NJ, BOS, PIT, @ PIT, BUF]
2.5 wins for LA [ANA, @ CGY, @ EDM @ VAN, CHI, CGY, @ ARZ, @ ANA, VGK]

If they can pull that off the Sens would have to be better than .500 to beat them.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The way the Sens have been battling back in every game lately (although coming up short most of the time) I will not sleep well until they are mathematically eliminated. It's looking good though right now as far as DET is concerned.

This LA win was great tonight.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Wow. We are so close to guaranteed top4 pick. Now it's starting to hit me. What a trade it was. (doesn't really matter if the pick is 1-7) it's a a massive win for us. Of course pray for the best possible pick.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
The way the Sens have been battling back in every game lately (although coming up short most of the time) I will not sleep well until they are mathematically eliminated. It's looking good though right now as far as DET is concerned.

This LA win was great tonight.

Think they were mathematically eliminated like a month ago ;)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Ottawa is doomed as long as Melnyk is there. No big name will sign/re-sign there. Maybe some okay players for a big payday (huge overpay).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Melnyk is an idiot
Still warms my heart that Eugene was the most outspoken about what the Avs wanted for Matt making it seem like Joe was delusional. At the end of the day Joe got everything he wanted and then some for Matt ...from Eugene...and the Sens organization has been a stink bomb since around that day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad