Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Starring Andy Serkis as Brian Gibbons.

EOmZlQN.jpg

7 000 posts and counting.​

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So what is the worst case scenario, Ottawa somehow passes Detroit and LA for the 3rd worst record and 3rd best pre-lottery odds? Post-lottery, the Ottawa pick falls to 6th overall? If the worst case scenario is the 6th overall pick, and that involves everything falling in line against the Avs, things are looking fairly good in my mind.

NJ is 4th worst, but with 7 points and 2 more ROWs in hand with the same number of games as Ottawa. It seems extremely unlikely for Ottawa to pass the Devils.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yeah, we need the Kings to win a couple games to at least guarantee the pick is Top 5.

This. A guaranteed top 4 pick is the goal, but a guaranteed top 5 pick isn't too bad either.

I've watched every game of these three teams for the last week or two and I think their compete levels are all pretty on par with each other. LA has nights where all you can do is shake your head given the group of players they still have, but they were strong against ANA the other night and I thought they put up a decent fight against NSH early on last night.

Games remaining against non-playoff teams:
LA: FLA, ANA, @ EDM, @ VAN, CHI, @ ANA
DET: @ NYR, @ BUF, NJ, @ BUF
OTT: @ VAN, @ EDM, BUF, FLA, @ NYR, @ BUF

LA has a game in hand, appears to have the easiest 'winnable schedule' down the stretch (most winnable home games), and is still icing multiple competent players.

I think it comes down to Detriot and Ottawa. From what I've seen they're both still in most the games they play. Where I think we might have the edge with OTT is White is currently injured, Chabot is week-to-week, Boro is injured, and I seriously doubt they take Brannstrom on the road with them. I think they want to keep him in the AHL playoff hunt and only called him up because it was a home game and their AHL club had the night off. Detriot's roster isn't much better but IMO Ottawa is icing the worst lineup.

The four point lead is still significant. Ottawa would have to do 4+ points better than Detriot or LA down the stretch and right now, IMO, they're playing pretty on par with eachother.

On a side note, I think Detroit may take the award for most breakaways per game. They get a ton of those with Athanasiou.

So what is the worst case scenario, Ottawa somehow passes Detroit and LA for the 3rd worst record and 3rd best pre-lottery odds? Post-lottery, the Ottawa pick falls to 6th overall? If the worst case scenario is the 6th overall pick, and that involves everything falling in line against the Avs, things are looking fairly good in my mind.

NJ is 4th worst, but with 7 points and 2 more ROWs in hand with the same number of games as Ottawa. It seems extremely unlikely for Ottawa to pass the Devils.

Yeah, NJ is 7 points up on them. So unless this Ottawa team does 7+ points better than NJ down the stretch 6th OA is starting to look like worst case scenario (everything going for the Sens) which is still a fantastic piece in the Duchene trade return.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Comes down to those games vs. Buffalo, IMO. Sabers look like the worst team playing right now. Sens should win both those, but will Detroit? Will LA give a crap and win another game?

Also, keep in mind ROW. Right now, Detroit has 21, LA 23, and Sens 24. They all tie in points, Sens will finish 29th.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Comes down to those games vs. Buffalo, IMO. Sabres look like the worst team playing right now. Sens should win both those, but will Detroit? Will LA give a crap and win another game?

Also, keep in mind ROW. Right now, Detroit has 21, LA 23, and Sens 24. They all tie in points, Sens will finish 29th.
I have a feeling buffalo will win some games to get their self respect back. They also have Eichel back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Of course playoff teams are going to play their shitty backup goaltenders against the Sens. Sparks sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad