#Senswatch 8: Dawn of the Planet of the Gibbons

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I checked the trade thread from last year and we were talking optimistically about the pick being #11 even after the Sens epic skid. I don’t think we’ve got ahead of ourselves one bit in this who span.

I think everyone assumed the pick will be in the 20s and really surprised with the implosion of the Sens.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
A lot of important games tonight: Sens, Wings, Devils and Wild...Oh wait

On a serious note Go Sens! Their fans deserve it.

Oh and Go Vegas!!!!!!!!!

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sure. But like you have noticed I have been almost the only one who has rooted for Kakko here. Have tried to get people to understand that he is just as good or better than Hughes. Because here is lot of people who are intrested who do we draft and haven't seen for example Kakko ever play. So it's been little bit frustrating when everytime I have mentioned that Kakko could be 1st overall there has always been immediate back lash that I'm trolling abd there's zero chance that could happen. And it's always been by the same users Henchman, Pierce, Ivan13 to name a few. I don't mind because I know where we at but like I said it is very misleading for posters that don't follow so much hockey and want to know about prospects. And then I get banned because I'm rooting for the wrong guy who at the end of the day might be the right guy.
Hey I've been rooting for Avs taking Kakko as well for quite some time, although I've always said that Hughes had the edge but it is very close between the two. I just think Kakko is a much better fit for this team.

Reactions: avsfan09

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Hey I've been rooting for Avs taking Kakko as well for quite some time, although I've always said that Hughes had the edge but it is very close between the two. I just think Kakko is a much better fit for this team.
I've also been big on Kakko. Hughes size worries me a bit more than it probably should.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I've also been big on Kakko. Hughes size worries me a bit more than it probably should.
Hughes worries me a lot. He is really small not just short but very skin and bone type. He will have major difficulties against bigger players in tight spaces. He's not elusive like Kane or McDavid etc. And I'm certain he is not NHL ready next season. In the long run that of course doesn't matter but it would be nice to get our new toy(Kakko) right away in our roster.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
You are always full of energy so can you do a poll here on the Avs forum: "Who would you pick first?"or something. I would do it myself but I have been banned from that also. Geez....We haven't had that poll yet. We only had that "who would you pick after Hughes" and it was many months ago and tables are turning slowly. It would intresting to see the common consesus here not just the opinions of the loudest. Cheers!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Hughes worries me a lot. He is really small not just short but very skin and bone type. He will have major difficulties against bigger players in tight spaces. He's not elusive like Kane or McDavid etc. And I'm certain he is not NHL ready next season. In the long run that of course doesn't matter but it would be nice to get our new toy(Kakko) right away in our roster.
I'm happy with whoever we get in the top 4. I really like Kakko, but Hughes may have a higher ceiling.

Whoever we pick, won't be pressured into carrying the team, so that might make it easier for Hughes to adapt to the NHL.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You are always full of energy so can you do a poll here on the Avs forum: "Who would you pick first?"or something. I would do it myself but I have been banned from that also. Geez....We haven't had that poll yet. We only had that "who would you pick after Hughes" and it was many months ago and tables are turning slowly. It would intresting to see the common consesus here not just the opinions of the loudest. Cheers!
I can't post, either lol I kept going to the L.A. GDT and congratulating them on wins hahaha they reported me a few times.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
You are always full of energy so can you do a poll here on the Avs forum: "Who would you pick first?"or something. I would do it myself but I have been banned from that also. Geez....We haven't had that poll yet. We only had that "who would you pick after Hughes" and it was many months ago and tables are turning slowly. It would intresting to see the common opinion here not just the opinions of the loudest. Cheers!
@AllAboutAvs
@Foppberg
@UncleRisto
Somebody!
Two handicaps in trouble! :help:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Sure. But like you have noticed I have been almost the only one who has rooted for Kakko here. Have tried to get people to understand that he is just as good or better than Hughes. Because here is lot of people who are intrested who do we draft and haven't seen for example Kakko ever play. So it's been little bit frustrating when everytime I have mentioned that Kakko could be 1st overall there has always been immediate back lash that I'm trolling and there's zero chance that could happen. And it's always been by the same users Henchman, Pierce, Ivan13 to name a few. I don't mind because I know where we at but like I said it is very misleading for posters that don't follow so much hockey and want to know about prospects. That this draft ain't just about LoseForHughes. And then I get banned because I'm rooting for the wrong guy who at the end of the day might be the right guy.
I like Kakko too. I just think I argue less disrespectfully. You might find some usefulness in that aswell:)

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Hughes' size is not really a concern to me. I would be very very happy with him on the team. My preference for Kakko is more a team construct issue. That is also why I much prefer Turcotte at #3 even though the scouts have them at #7 right now (which by the way I think he will keep climbing).

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
That's where I think you are wayy off. Hughes is very elusive and I compare him to Mcdavid light only because of size his skill level isn't too far off.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
That's where I think you are wayy off. Hughes is very elusive and I compare him to Mcdavid light only because of size his skill level isn't too far off.
Ok. I don't see that in him. But guess we'll see what happens when he starts to play with men next season

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I don't have a problem making one but two things:
1. I'm not sure how to make a poll
2. I prefer to wait after the combine, WHC and U18.

There shouldn't be anybody changing their mind by then. My poll would be:
Hughes
Kakko
Dont'care
That would be a great poll. Or at least the poll what I had in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad