#Senswatch 8: Dawn of the Planet of the Gibbons

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
The fact that your team is still playing their hearts out every night despite not having a lot of talent is a hopeful sign, and will serve them well down the line if you can only get rid of Melnyk.

And yeah, we all valued the 1st from the Duchene deal as a ~20th overall pick at the time of the deal, assuming Duchene was going to put them over the top. I think Dorion's big mistake wasn't the first he included, but moving Turris to get Duchene. Adding Duchene to Turris would have given you some pretty hard core center depth, but including Bowers (a late 1st) and another 1st to upgrade from Turris to Duchene wasn't a good move value wise.

True. But they've some talent and the Sens do well with their drafting. Besides, if the Avs could turn it around so quickly from Bednar's first season then why not the Sens if they can get rid of Melnyk? Otherwise, that organization is screwed.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Im just happy we're getting a top 5 pick, cause honestly none of these kids standout that hardcore to me for me to be like omg we need that top pick arrrgh! This feels more like a Hischier draft.

What? This is waý better draft than the Hischier one. Don't worry. Hughes and Kakko are both better prospects in my eyes.

There's good chance Heiskanen and Makar are the best players from their draft. We might have lucked out with the 4th pick. (Losing the draft lottery)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
What? This is waý better draft than the Hischier one. Don't worry. Hughes and Kakko are both better prospects in my eyes.

There's good chance Heiskanen and Makar are the best players from their draft. We might have lucked out with the 4th pick. (Losing the draft lottery)
Let's not rub it in

Reactions: The Kingslayer

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yeah, but Kakko was compared to Forsberg skill level.

Yeah thats just ...a crazy comparison, like cmon y'all

And Petterson too, so yeah you have a point, still..

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
For the first time in about a year i will cheer for the Sens tonight. Give their fans something - they deserve some slack. But it will be weird, that's for sure.
I think sens fan would be more salty though that we now give them permission to win lol

69FE6A6F-F0E0-4E69-95C6-A97810D37B4D.gif

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here because Avs can very well lose the lottery and drop to 4th pick and that would be a wash for the Sens as far as giving up that 1st rounder since they got their 4th pick last year, although still pretty good for the Avs I guess

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here because Avs can very well lose the lottery and drop to 4th pick and that would be a wash for the Sens as far as giving up that 1st rounder since they got their 4th pick last year, although still pretty good for the Avs I guess

Nobody is getting ahead of themselves. We are all very aware of the lottery odds. Nothing wrong with a bit of good ol' rosterbating

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nobody is getting ahead of themselves. We are all very aware of the lottery odds. Nothing wrong with a bit of good ol' rosterbating
I checked the trade thread from last year and we were talking optimistically about the pick being #11 even after the Sens epic skid. I don’t think we’ve got ahead of ourselves one bit in this who span.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad