GDT: Sens @ Yotes | October 15 | 10 pm EST | MS Paint Karma Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Give it a rest. Benoit is 31 and has 10 more years experience in semi pro hockey. Great to see him doing well but Benoit over Cowen..obvious stat watcher with little knowledge of the game.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Personally am quite disappointed to see Kassian back in the lineup... dont see how he solves any of the problems of the past two games.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Give it a rest. Benoit is 31 and has 10 more years experience in semi pro hockey. Great to see him doing well but Benoit over Cowen..obvious stat watcher with little knowledge of the game.

Have you watched Cowen this year? Because I have, and he's been one of our worst defenders. He's he's prone to poorly time pinches, he constantly blows coverage, and, most importantly, he's always getting hemmed into the defensive zone. I know you're blinded by homerism here, but you can't seriously claim that Cowen's playing well this year (and, more importantly, claim that he's playing better than Benoit), and then IN THAT SAME SENTENCE claim I don't watch the games.

e: And your "obvious stat watcher" claim is kinda funny, given that those stats actually run counter to my claim. Cowen's sitting at a decent 50% corsi in score-close situations, while Benoit's in the bottom-third of the league at 41%. Granted, you switch that to "all 5 on 5 situations" and Cowen plummets to an abysmal 37%, but that's kind of indicative of the problem with him so far this year - when we're trailing and he's on the ice, he's falling apart and we're getting nothing going offensively.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Personally am quite disappointed to see Kassian back in the lineup... dont see how he solves any of the problems of the past two games.

I guess they think winning a couple more faceoffs by getting Smith back at center will lead to more goals, while Kassian will help by.........OK I got nothing for that one.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Looking at Minnesota Vs Toronto now. Both teams are more ferocious and have much more crisp and quick passing. Especially the powerplays are at a whole other level than what Ottawa has managed this season. No holding on to the puck; quick crisp passes getting the defence out of position.

C'mon Senators, turn it around!

Oct 10, 2010
I guess they think winning a couple more faceoffs by getting Smith back at center will lead to more goals, while Kassian will help by.........OK I got nothing for that one.

Kassian playing will help because those extra 5 minutes that Da Costa would get over Kas will be given to better players.

JustinYS

Oct 21, 2010
Such as Kassian and Smith?

Ok....

Da Costa hasn't brought anything to the team the last two games. Certainly not faceoffs. Smith and Kassian may not be the best players but bring something to the table whereas Da Costa brings nothing.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Hoping for good vibes tonight, gotta say I'm looking forward to 7:30 puck drops and some red jerseys... Those whites are lame and 10pm games blow.

On the boys. Mac is all about the process. They gotta get back to the basics and play a good road game.

Happy to see Kassian in and Gryb's as well.

I'm not a big fan of the FREE MIKA tcause, he needs to earn I to come back to the NHL. That said, it will be great when he's back and playing like it too. I think Ottawa has been too small up he middle with Da Costa in the lineup.

The Da Costa experiment is not great especially on the road. The thing that I don't like about D Costa is he needs to be in the top 6 to have a chance at point protection, while Pageau does not. Both are smurfs and if you are small and easy to play against it just won't cut it...

Pageau has some work to do but I'm less concerned about him. He's not one dimensional.

Hope we win cause this board is desperate for positivity...

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
On a scale of Jon Heder to Carrot Top, how ugly is this board going to get if we lose tonight?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Da Costa hasn't brought anything to the team the last two games. Certainly not faceoffs. Smith and Kassian may not be the best players but bring something to the table whereas Da Costa brings nothing.

Yup, the Dacosta experiment has failed. The guy has produced zero offense to start the season even when playing a game with the team's 2 best wingers.

Can't hurt to keep him as the 13th forward, but meh.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Da Costa has played pretty much 35 games while only having 7 points. Zibanejad has played pretty much 40 and has 21 points.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Looking at Minnesota Vs Toronto now. Both teams are more ferocious and have much more crisp and quick passing. Especially the powerplays are at a whole other level than what Ottawa has managed this season. No holding on to the puck; quick crisp passes getting the defence out of position.
Our PPs have been awesome.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder how much of his strong defensive play can be attributed to how phoenix developed him? It seems to be a major part of why people like him as a player, and the primary thing Phoenix wanted him to improve on initially, so you have to wonder if their development of him was really as negative as people seem to believe?

Sure, they probably could have let eased him into a more offensive role earlier, but I'm pretty satisfied with how he developed; since day 1 here, he was fairly effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad