Post-Game Talk: Sens WIN 2-1 vs Jets

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Its well deserved the Sens have been playing some pretty good hockey the last 5 games but had nothing to show for it....until today!!!

Last 6 games actually, except the last one wasn't very good, but still baby steps

2-4-0, 10 GF, 15 GA

Ranking among teams since Feb. 4th

51.01 CF% (10th)
51.83 SF% (9th)
50.72 SCF% (12th)
47.86 HDCF% (20th)

That's a lot more acceptable. Improve cohesion/chemistry, learn to play as a 5-men unit, improve finish, continue to improve defensive coverage and we could actually be a decent non-playoff team, which is all we could realistically ask at this point.

Bringing Dzingel instead of Paquette/Galchenyuk improves overall speed. Bringing Formenton will eventually will do the same.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
EuJFS7kXYAIq42v

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Father Geno is looking so much better lately. Im guilty of forgetting these guys had no preseason or anything so maybe got too ahead of myself declaring him this and that.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
and a top of the hat to DJ Smith. Started the year with 2 goalies who couldn’t stop a puck, he’s solved that and slowly he’s gotten his team to claw their way into games. NICE WIN COACH

Is this some kind of joke? Because I have no idea what it means

There have been a handful of games this season where he looks phenomenal out there.

lol that reminds me so much of Habs fans and their relation with Mike Reilly

Honestly out of the 6 game series the Sens deserved at least 4 points.
The loss hurt for us Jets fans but the Sens deserve a better record than they have.

Thanks, yeah they're not as bad as their record. If you don't look at the first 6 road games, 3-6-1, 21 GF 29 GA

Still not good, but not that bad for a rebuilding team considering the division they play in, among 6 teams that have pressure to make the playoffs.

There was a lot of mistakes for roster decisions and a lot of problems with hockey systems but it has been improving.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Obviously I miss this one...

Sounds like Hogberg performed well. My boi White with a nice assist on the tying goal. You love to see it.

Sounds like both our goalies could have really used a preseason.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Reilly does look better. He is skating better and making less mistakes. Someone said it in a previous thread that he doesn't play bad every shift, but when he makes a mistake it is a really big and visible mistake which I think is true. I would still trade him if we can't get anything back and play Wolanin+Brannstrom. I am still really low on Gudbranson, but he's here now and playing on the bottom pair. Maybe we trade him later for a late pick idk.

Dadonov has really played well the last little bit and it is showing up on the stat sheet. Great pass by White on the goal, didn't even look to see where Daddy was just knew it made sense for him to be there. Also liked Tkachuk today after a tough past few games.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Great win. White looked like a top 6 center this game. I still can’t believe he got scratched for Anisimov. He is skating a lot better this year and making a lot more plays. Also noticed he isn’t falling down as much.

Gudbranson still pisses me off, not sure how Braanstrom made him look passable during those games he played with him.

Hopefully Hoggy can build off this win. Team is looking a lot better in the last 5-6 games.

Noticed some decent chemistry between Stutzle and Batherson. They need someone who is capable of going to the dirty areas to get the puck or tip pucks for them.

Also interesting is that Norris is the 2nd leading scorer of our team and is leading the team in faceoff percentage. Maybe give the kid someone other than Anisimov and Watson.

Would like to see in 2 weeks

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-Dzingel
Brown-Tierney-Watson

Last edited:
Reactions: Liver King and Yak

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Is this some kind of joke? Because I have no idea what it means

lol that reminds me so much of Habs fans and their relation with Mike Reilly

Thanks, yeah they're not as bad as their record. If you don't look at the first 6 road games, 3-6-1, 21 GF 29 GA

Still not good, but not that bad for a rebuilding team considering the division they play in, among 6 teams that have pressure to make the playoffs.

There was a lot of mistakes for roster decisions and a lot of problems with hockey systems but it has been improving.

just super bitter this year man, your takes are starting to be cringy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Of the 8 UFAs left in this org would anyone miss any of them if they were all to be traded, waived or just benched for the remainder of the yr. IMO Gudbranson is & has been the best of the bunch or the best of the worse on this team. We'll see what Dzingel has left, but I don't have much faith in him either, Reilly has been better but I still wouldn't keep him. And there are still a few more guys who are not UFAs that need to go as well.

The 8 UFAs - Anisimov, Stepan, Dzingel, Reilly, Gudbranson, Peca, Haley & Coburn

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So awesome that we were able to add Zub for free. He’s just 25 and already looking like a legit top 4 and should only get better. Can end up being a long term piece on the backend.

Zub is going to have a cult following like Volchenkov. Got mancrush written all over him.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Great win. White looked like a top 6 center this game. I still can’t believe he got scratched for Anisimov. He is skating a lot better this year and making a lot more plays. Also noticed he isn’t falling down as much.

Gudbranson still pisses me off, not sure how Braanstrom made him look passable during those games he played with him.

Hopefully Hoggy can build off this win. Team is looking a lot better in the last 5-6 games.

Would like to see in 2 weeks

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-Dzingel
Brown-Tierney-Watson

I like the lineups but I think we don't mess with Stutzle and get L. Brown on line with him. Bench Tierney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad