Post-Game Talk: Sens WIN 2-1 vs Jets

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Great win. White looked like a top 6 center this game. I still can’t believe he got scratched for Anisimov. He is skating a lot better this year and making a lot more plays. Also noticed he isn’t falling down as much.

Gudbranson still pisses me off, not sure how Braanstrom made him look passable during those games he played with him.

Hopefully Hoggy can build off this win. Team is looking a lot better in the last 5-6 games.

Noticed some decent chemistry between Stutzle and Batherson. They need someone who is capable of going to the dirty areas to get the puck or tip pucks for them.

Also interesting is that Norris is the 2nd leading scorer of our team and is leading the team in faceoff percentage. Maybe give the kid someone other than Anisimov and Watson.

Would like to see in 2 weeks

Paul-White-Dadonov
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-Dzingel
Brown-Tierney-Watson

Those lines look sick

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
just super bitter this year man, your takes are starting to be cringy.

lol I am not bitter, I'm just tired of losing. I know you can't always win in life but there's a limit at some point. I was not complaining much when we were winning more often than not, but I don't like losing as much as we have done for 4 years now.

You may not like reality posts, personally I never really liked vague generaliztion posts without any substance. If you are criticizing my post, at least try to be exact on what is "cringy"

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
lol I am not bitter, I'm just tired of losing. I know you can't always win in life but there's a limit at some point. I was not complaining much when we were winning more often than not, but I don't like losing as much as we have done for 4 years now.

You may not like reality posts, personally I never really liked vague generaliztion posts without any substance. If you are criticizing my post, at least try to be exact on what is "cringy"

Your posts aren’t reality man, they are just your opinions and reflect ‘your’ reality. We’re losing because we are running a team that is reliant on kids now, and for the foreseeable future. Find a comfortable seat or change the channel man because a rebuild from scorched earth takes years.

Every post this season has the same message, and they are getting less and less meaningful as you pile up cherry picked ‘stats’ to support an ongoing depressed vision of what you think is going on, when generally speaking you are simply wrong. You started the season by erroneously arguing that we are supposed to be contending for the playoffs, when that was simply not the case or goal as per the owner. From there you’ve just continued off key.

My point should be clearly take as saying that you are confused and that your vision is blurred. Ditch your current shades and dig the old ones back out of the junk drawer.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Your posts aren’t reality man, they are just your opinions and reflect ‘your’ reality. We’re losing because we are running a team that is reliant on kids now, and for the foreseeable future. Find a comfortable seat or change the channel man because a rebuild from scorched earth takes years.

Every post this season has the same message, and they are getting less and less meaningful as you pile up cherry picked ‘stats’ to support an ongoing depressed vision of what you think is going on, when generally speaking you are simply wrong. You started the season by erroneously arguing that we are supposed to be contending for the playoffs, when that was simply not the case or goal as per the owner. From there you’ve just continued off key.

My point should be clearly take as saying that you are confused and that your vision is blurred. Ditch your current shades and dig the old ones back out of the junk drawer.

What a load of bullcrap. I never said "we are supposed to be contending for the playoffs", I said we should see a progression and 2021-22 is the season I want to see the team stay in the playoffs race pretty much all year, even if we end up not making it.

"rebuild from scorched earth" my ass. Look at all the godamn assets Dorion STARTED WITH. Do you think teams usually have the luxury to start a rebuild with a 21 y/o Chabot and star players in their prime to trade like Stone, Karlsson and Duchene? (would include Zibanejad but Dorionylk had already pissed away that asset the previous year)

Please find me the last team that finished BOTTOM-2 FOR 4 YEARS STRAIGHT (and going). If you don't think it's pathetic, it's your choice but we just don't have the same standards. You also need a bit of winning in life.

Listen, if you CHOOSE to stay blind, it's your choice but explain me one thing, IF :

- the coach is fine
- the GM is fine
- we never piss away assets
- our trades are fine, our signings are fine
- our pro scouting is fine
- everything is fine (the owner is fine too I guess?)

Then how do you explain that we have literally been the worse team the last 4 years and we look even worse this year? The whole organization can barely scrap out a win. Have you watched the 2 Belleville games vs Laval? lol in the 3rd period today, despite the 5-1 score effect, they got totally dominated... Personally I still play hockey and as a hockey player I was offended. It was truly EMBARRASSING. Guess which team is "rebuilding". Or sorry, it's "only" the 4th season of suckage, is a rebuild supposed to take 10 years? Loser excuse.

Thank God for Detroit who pushed their competitive window for 32 years (as a result didn't have any valuable asset when they rebuilt, but still won 4 Cups) because if not, we'd be alone as the laughing stock of the league.

The fact that you're trying to accuse me of wearing some kind of glasses is pretty weak. Despite whatever reputation people try to build for others on the internet, I have never been on one side more than the other. There shouldn't be any side, for me there's only 1 side and that is being a Senators fan. If you can't see both sides of the medal and tell me all of this IS NOT reality, then there's nothing I can tell you.

If the team turn things around I will start being more "positive" but until then I am totally unsatisfied. I will also be worried that it buys more time for DJ Smith and Pierre Dorion. I am not very confident that they should be the men in charge to build a championship team.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can’t remember if is said “hoggy in could get ugly “. Or “hoggy gonna play the game of his life next game” on Thursday. I may have posted both

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Good hardworking win. Also helps the Jets decided they could sleepwalk through this one.

Really happy for Hogberg. Dude is no Patrick Roy, but he is nowhere near as bad as those few games this season. Give him a chance to work out whatever was happening and he'll be alright.

Good example of why sports teams should rarely listen to what the fans say. After the first Jets game (the one before yesterday), everyone here (myself included) never wanted to see Hogberg in an NHL game ever again, but there he was less than 48 hours later playing solid and allowing only 1 goal.

Same thing happened to Murray, he went from barely a back up ECHL goalie his first 3 games to cup winning goalie level. Yet the team stuck with him and gave him a chance to figure it out.

And Mike Reilly for whatever reason is no longer playing like an AHL 7th defenseman, and has somehow found a way to be useful and has barely made any glaring mistakes the way he did the first few games.

Just goes to show there is a whole other world going on behind the scenes, and what we see during games is not the be-all-end-all for coaches.

Last edited:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Good example of why sports teams should rarely listen to what the fans say. After the first Jets game (the one before yesterday), everyone here (myself included) never wanted to see Hogberg in an NHL game ever again, but there he was less than 48 hours later playing solid and allowing only 1 goal.

Same thing happened to Murray, he went from barely a back up ECHL goalie his first 3 games to cup winning goalie level. Yet the team stuck with him and gave him a chance to figure it out.

And Mike Reilly for whatever reason is no longer playing an AHL 7th defenseman, and has somehow found a way to be useful and has barely made any glaring mistakes the way he did the first few games.

Just goes to show there is a whole other world going on behind the scenes, and what we see during games is not the be-all-end-all for coaches.

Reilly is actually looking good. With some consistency could be good deadline bait.

I’m glad Murray seems to have found his game. Hog too, unless it’s a blip. I admit I was losing hope on both.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Outside of the disastrous Western swing the team has performed as I expected.

Our record without that swing

3-6-1 with a -9 goal differential.

I realize that you can’t ignore the shit that happened during the trip but hopefully we don’t see any more stretches like that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Define fine?
They actually got a fair chunk of time together last year and did fairly well.

94 mins 5v5
57% CF
66% GF (6 goals for to 3 against)
62% xGF

I thought they looked great by the eye test too, not sure i remember anyone complaining at the time...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Good hardworking win. Also helps the Jets decided they could sleepwalk through this one.

Really happy for Hogberg. Dude is no Patrick Roy, but he is nowhere near as bad as those few games this season. Give him a chance to work out whatever was happening and he'll be alright.

I think that the Jets played their best 1st period of the last two games, and essentially played hard. I think Ottawa is full measure for the win and capitalized on a gaffe that we were due to get back, after incredibly bad luck.

I was super happy for Hogberg. One can only imagine the pressure on his shoulders going into that game. And without his father to lean on, which seems to have been minimized or forgotten by many

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad