Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Wild. Mar. 3. The Hamburglar Is Coming For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Ok - so wait till the game is ovah. I can do that. But if you're all in agreement then we need to ensure those burgers get on the ice. If there's someone to whom we can escalate this matter I think we should.

SenatorArmy*

Minnesota? Morel like Win a soda? M I RITE because they have been playing gingerly, and I'll be drinking my beer rooting for the sens & hope they put 7 up on the board

SenatorArmy*

are veggie burgers going to be accepted ...some want to show their appreciation but not at the cost of an innocent animals life

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ok look - do you have ANY burgers that are $1? I figured a McDouble would have that yellow wrapper that everyone would recognize.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but McDoubles come in a beige wrapper with purple writing now. Junior Chickens (or McChicken in the US, which is completely different than a McChicken in Canada) has the yellow.

So sens won 5 straight games vs West. Those losers.

2 vs. East, 3 vs. West so far.

are veggie burgers going to be accepted ...

No.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
are veggie burgers going to be accepted ...some want to show their appreciation but not at the cost of an innocent animals life

No. A burger is not a burger when something that used to eat other things is not included. The dash of murder is what makes it a Burger.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Big Mac meal costs about $3.50 here in Jakarta. Just a plain cheeseburger on it's own is around a buck, though.

Also one of the safest burgers you'll eat, as far as cleanliness is concerned. You'll never get Bali Belly at a Maccas.

McDoubles are more than $1 in Canada, though. Like $1.39 or $1.89 or some such. I don't order them myself.

$1.39 CAD is $1.11 USD, so it's not quite a dollar, but it's close.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I still think we're better with Cowen in the lineup, but I'd sick with the California Sweep team until we lose. Go Sens!

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I feel like I need to pump Turris a little bit. He's turned it up recently and I've been hard on him all year.

16 points + 4 in his last 20 games. I think having Zbad elevate his game has really helped Turris thrive again.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I feel like I need to pump Turris a little bit. He's turned it up recently and I've been hard on him all year.

16 points + 4 in his last 20 games. I think having Zbad elevate his game has really helped Turris thrive again.

Agreed.

Turris thrives in a #2 role. Zibanejad is all but officially the #1C now, Murray pseudo-confirmed it in the post-deadline presser (said it, then backtracked to a safer "he's part of the competition" line). Turris gets less pressure and more room to work, which is right in his wheelhouse. Lets him focus on defensive responsibilities enough where his offensive game doesn't suffer by being stretched too thin.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Agreed.

Turris thrives in a #2 role. Zibanejad is all but officially the #1C now, Murray pseudo-confirmed it in the post-deadline presser (said it, then backtracked to a safer "he's part of the competition" line). Turris gets less pressure and more room to work, which is right in his wheelhouse. Lets him focus on defensive responsibilities enough where his offensive game doesn't suffer by being stretched too thin.

I feel like it's more of a #1a-#1b situation with Zibby obviously being the "a". I just don't feel like it's that much of a disparity being both. At least not yet.

Ideally though, we'd still get a real #1 guy and have the best damn center depth in the east.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I feel like it's more of a #1a-#1b situation with Zibby obviously being the "a". I just don't feel like it's that much of a disparity being both. At least not yet.

Ideally though, we'd still get a real #1 guy and have the best damn center depth in the east.

Yeah, maybe. I just don't think that Turris's mini-resurgence this year coinciding with Zibanejad kicking his game into the next gear is a coincidence.

As for insane depth up the middle: I'm all for it.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I went to the market to buy ground turkey to make turkey burgers. They didnt have any so i had to buy veggie burgers... A sign??? I think so..a "Omen" perhaps

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Minnesota? Morel like Win a soda? M I RITE because they have been playing gingerly, and I'll be drinking my beer rooting for the sens & hope they put 7 up on the board

Well hot dog! We have a wiener.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Anderson on if Hammond should play if he wins tonight and the team decides to keep going with him...

"I wouldn't play me either!"

Anderson not competitive enough and mentally weak. Trade him well his value is high for a second+plus the rights to joensuu...

if we play our cards right we might be able to get Landers too

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is one of our games in hand on Boston, and it's huge. SportsClubStats.com says that we can jump over 5% with a win tonight.

Here's my dilemma, though - Leafs are playing Florida, and we would pick up an additional 1.2% with a Leaf win. I just can't do it, though - under no circumstances can I cheer for a blue team victory. If the Leafs are playing North Korea, I am hanging out with Dennis Rodman and Kim Jong Un...

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Just avert your eyes. Hoping, and feeling good or bad about the Leafs game result has no effect on the outcome.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
This is one of our games in hand on Boston, and it's huge. SportsClubStats.com says that we can jump over 5% with a win tonight.

Here's my dilemma, though - Leafs are playing Florida, and we would pick up an additional 1.2% with a Leaf win. I just can't do it, though - under no circumstances can I cheer for a blue team victory. If the Leafs are playing North Korea, I am hanging out with Dennis Rodman and Kim Jong Un...

I know the feels, just look at it as a win win. Toronto wins: improves our odds. Toronto loses: Leafs suck. When the habs play the leafs, I'll say after the game "yay the leafs/habs lost." Lol.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I went to the market to buy ground turkey to make turkey burgers. They didnt have any so i had to buy veggie burgers... A sign??? I think so..a "Omen" perhaps

Saslove's always sells out every weekend!

Agreed.

It's not so much the disparity between them, just the fact that Turris can't be the #1 guy. He needs someone better than him, even if it's only better by a fraction.

I also feel like Mac being out has been good for Turris. He's was struggling for the majority of the season.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Saslove's always sells out every weekend!

It's not so much the disparity between them, just the fact that Turris can't be the #1 guy. He needs someone better than him, even if it's only better by a fraction.

I also feel like Mac being out has been good for Turris. He's was struggling for the majority of the season.

I dont live in ottawa nor have i ever been there or even close to ottawa lol i'll be sure to check it out when i finally see a sens game in ottawa. Hopefully when we make the playoffs and are crushing montreal for the second time!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I have been cheering for the leafs like crazy recently, don't want them to get a top pick plus they help our play off odds most of the time with their wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad