Low Effort GDT Sens vs. Kings 7pm est - Rock bottom edition

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That’s literally how this organization works.

They never try to improve in the off-season because they think every rookie will automatically improve and no injuries will occur.

Dorion signed Zub for only 2 years and said Thomson and JBD will be ready to take over by that point.

Don't forget that Zaitsev is elite

We were criticizing that contract and were called out for... making totally legit claims? How many times was I mocked last year for calling out this management and utterly terrible off-season? It doesn't sound crazy or cringe-worthy anymore

Reactions: Bileur

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i feel bad for the suckers buying tickets for this product and coming here flexing it

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I know we all love Pinto but damn Kaliyev would look nice on Stutzles wing. Stu needs shooters, Kaliyev is going to be one of the best.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
:facepalm:
Playoffs contender means could make the playoffs

I think I'm likely going to get banned if I respond to you the way that I'd like to. I didn't realize you were the god of hockey knowledge. The argument early on before the season, was that a playoff contender was a team that could actually do some damage in the playoffs. There is a difference between making the playoffs and actually being a contender in them. Or oh wait, those are only Stanley Cup contenders by your measure I suppose.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anybody suggesting John Torterella should be our next head coach is absolutely delusional. He would destroy these young players.

Nah. The one area he excels in is giving young guys a solid foundation to play in the league for a long time.

But, there's no way he coaches in Ottawa unless the US embassy lets him pitch a tent on their front lawn. Dude wouldn't even live in Canada when he coached the Canucks.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Nah. The one area he excels in is giving young guys a solid foundation to play in the league for a long time.

But, there's no way he coaches in Ottawa unless the US embassy lets him pitch a tent on their front lawn. Dude wouldn't even live in Canada when he coached the Canucks.

This NHL isn't the same as it was. There is already an article by The Hockey News, that says Torts ain't an NHL coach anymore because of the way he responded in critique of McJesus. Torts won an early cup with Tampa back in the 90s. Otherwise his coaching has been kind of meh, with mixed reviews. He didn't do anything for Vancouver. I'll admit that he made Johansen into a more complete player.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I think I'm likely going to get banned if I respond to you the way that I'd like to. I didn't realize you were the god of hockey knowledge. The argument early on before the season, was that a playoff contender was a team that could actually do some damage in the playoffs. There is a difference between making the playoffs and actually being a contender in them. Or oh wait, those are only Stanley Cup contenders by your measure I suppose.
Go for it buddy
Treat yourself

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Personally never thought playoffs were achievable.

Was just looking for us to begin to start thinking about competing for wins.

Which I think we have done. Or maybe not. I’m really not sure.

That "competing for wins" comment from Dorion is so odd. What the heck were they competing for in prior years? Ties? Dorion is a goof.

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
i feel bad for the suckers buying tickets for this product and coming here flexing it

I mean, I'm still going to games because this is my team. I like some of the players, I question other player choices.
But there is a core here that can grow into something sweet if we get proper vets to surround it. For that to happen, we need better pro scouting...

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Go for it buddy
Treat yourself

You've become nothing more than a troll on these boards. At least Bondra gives some solid input and so I'll take his critique, my response to his critique, as well as the warning I got with it.

You're not worth it. All I see you post on here these days are one liners. If you don't care about this team, then don't bother me about it. Go bother someone else.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
You've become nothing more than a troll on these boards. At least Bondra gives some solid input and so I'll take his critique, my response to his critique, as well as the warning I got with it.

You're not worth it. All I see you post on here these days are one liners. If you don't care about this team, then don't bother me about it. Go bother someone else.
:laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This NHL isn't the same as it was. There is already an article by The Hockey News, that says Torts ain't an NHL coach anymore because of the way he responded in critique of McJesus. Torts won an early cup with Tampa back in the 90s. Otherwise his coaching has been kind of meh, with mixed reviews. He didn't do anything for Vancouver. I'll admit that he made Johansen into a more complete player.

THN hasn't been a hockey authority in a few years now. I wouldn't hold much weight in their articles.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Ideally we get a high draft pick this season. We need quality vets to help insulate the younger players.

I and I believe many others believe this young core could grow into something good. They just need some glue to help round out the roster. Unfortunately I and I know many others do not have faith that this management group could do that.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad