Low Effort GDT Sens vs. Kings 7pm est - Rock bottom edition

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Are these teams missing their top winger and number 2/3 centers?
I’m not sure depending on Getz and Kopitar to continue being top end players is a good rebuild strategy

Oh yeah so you think not insulating the young players is better. Some of the stuff you spin is beyond ridiculous. Did you actually read this and confidently hit 'post reply' thinking yup I'm smarter than everyone else.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean, someone's gotta get fired
Only 1 person should take it right now and it won't be the owner unfortunately we can't fire him.

Oh, so you're saying we should just drive the nail in the coffin?
Need a new owner won't matter who coach's. I don't think DJ is even doing that bad of a job. Look at the culture and roster he has to work under. It's an impossible task.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No the fans here will not goto any games and just complain from their keyboards. The fans here want and want but will not support. We have been so blessed to have an owner that saved this team and kept it here and this is how the fan base thanks him.
This must be satire or a burner account. Anyone paying for this product consistently is a gluten for punishment. I used to go to games alot. I spent 500 dollars on the outdoor game then was told I was a shitty fan. I watched closely and paid attention to all of Melnyks actions. I heard him on a TSN1200 interview where he was getting shuffled from the rink to the airport so he can live in Barbados as a tax shelter and I quote mid interview. Melnyk stopped his response and said 'Oh my goodness that person should be shot' then ranted and raved about a pedestrian who walked out in front of their car. This was right around when Dorion made the Zibanejad Brassard trade. Guaranteed unless told to be deleted this audio clip is somewhere at tsn1200. That's when I was sure this person was not a good human being. I know his former body guard and security. The stories are unsettling. I know this man used to call Bryan Murray in the middle of the night absolutely loaded telling him to trade this player, fire that person. I still spent money on this team. I have been to 3 games this year. The lack of effort of in game experience has been micky mouse. The busy game I went to it was 45 minutes in line to get a hot dog. The other games none of the concession stands that feature good food like smoke meat etc were open. Had to settle for soggy chicken fingers and a frozen burger for my dad. Pathetic for a major sports team. They took the autograd off the Club Bell servers raised the prices and didn't tell the customers. Lol tried to trick them. All the servers threatened to walk out. You think this is a good owner?!..... This team is going no where with him at the helm. Sell the team you jerk. You won't run it like a professional therefore no one will go. The lies, deceit and treating your customers like we are stupid won't work in the most educated city in Canada. Any person that shames fans that have been cheering and buying tickets for 25 years. Well you're just as bad as Melnyk.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Guess the Kings board are a bunch of a brickheads as well as they are defending Lemieux saying Brady deserved it.

Can't wait for the rematch when Tkachuk fills him in

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sounds like immature whining coming from a team's captain to be honest. Not sure Tkachuk is ready to be a judge on who is a good player and who isn't considering his team's records so far ...

LOL. This is so dumb. If that's the case, then you shouldn't be allowed to judge on who is a good player considering you don't even play in the NHL.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Sounds like immature whining coming from a team's captain to be honest. Not sure Tkachuk is ready to be a judge on who is a good player and who isn't considering his team's records so far ...

If maturity stops you from calling a shithead a shithead, I don't know if that's maturation or sticking your butt our further to get f***ed deeper every day.

Ja Rule

Nov 10, 2021
Good post. I was trying to figure out which of those 2 alternatives you listed it was as well. I was leaning towards satire, but you never know.

I love Melnyk. He has provided me with the team I love and done more for this city than most people. People want to hate him because he won't pay greedy players and greedy fans want and want but won't even buy tickets.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yikes.. not a fan of Lemiux biting Tkachuk but wow.. Tkachuk shouldn't talk like this IMO.

"His teammates dont even like him"... "shouldn't be in the NHL"...

If you have an issue with Lemieux, cave his face in with your fist next game, don't whine to the media post game.
Ugh no. This is good for hockey. Let these guys speak f***.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I love Melnyk. He has provided me with the team I love and done more for this city than most people. People want to hate him because he won't pay greedy players and greedy fans want and want but won't even buy tickets.
Good for you.

I understand the sentiment to a certain extent.

But, do you think EM is running a strong, good, professional organization? Do you think there's things that could be improved upon, or done better? Are you satisfied with the current results e.g., last 5 years? Do you think people should not express their concerns?

And "greedy fans" is a pretty revealing statement. Do you think there's people out there that can't afford to go to games, or many games? Do you think its possible that some fans can't actually get to games for a variety of valid reasons? I could use myself as an example. I live in Texas. How many games do you think its feasible for me to attend? In fact, I used to take my father to games when I was there, but for a variety of reasons, that's no longer possible. Painting with a wide brush always has its perils.

But nonetheless, welcome, or perhaps nice repackaging of an account/identity. All of the above also assumes you are being serious.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pretty sure the Ja Rule account is satire

Dorion absolutely vouched for DJ and made it seem like he was the right coach to get this team going in the right direction.

I would not see it fair to fire Smith based on the team he has been given, so if he goes, Dorion should go first.

New GM would hire a new coaching staff

Sure the roster is far from ideal but DJ plays a part here

Look at the team below, Paul MacLean made it a pretty respectable team that was good at ES (53.7 CF%) and had the 2nd lowest GA/GP. They made the playoffs and even beat the 2nd seed Habs in 5 little games (by a 20-9 score)

2012-13 Ottawa Senators Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

There was 38 y/o Gonchar and 40 y/o Alfredsson to lead the way though but look at who missed games to injury (48 games season) :

Erik Karlsson : missed 31 games
Jason Spezza : missed 43 games
Milan Michalek : missed 25 games
Jared Cowen : missed 41 games (it's actually after this injury that he never looked the same)
Craig Anderson : not sure how many he missed

Last edited:

Ja Rule

Nov 10, 2021
Good for you.

I understand the sentiment to a certain extent.

But, do you think EM is running a strong, good, professional organization? Do you think there's things that could be improved upon, or done better? Are you satisfied with the current results e.g., last 5 years? Do you think people should not express their concerns?

And "greedy fans" is a pretty revealing statement. Do you think there's people out there that can't afford to go to games, or many games? Do you think its possible that some fans can't actually get to games for a variety of valid reasons? I could use myself as an example. I live in Texas. How many games do you think its feasible for me to attend? In fact, I used to take my father to games when I was there, but for a variety of reasons, that's no longer possible. Painting with a wide brush always has its perils.

But nonetheless, welcome, or perhaps nice repackaging of an account. All of the above also assumes you are being serious.

Well you should donate some money to the team each year and do your part. If you email support I am sure there is a way for you to donate. I myself give 10% of every paycheck, if you love this team you should consider doing something similar.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Well you should donate some money to the team each year and do your part. If you email support I am sure there is a way for you to donate. I myself give 10% of every paycheck, if you love this team you should consider doing something similar.
OK, now we know you are not serious. See ya.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Dorion absolutely vouched for DJ and made it seem like he was the right coach to get this team going in the right direction.

I would not see it fair to fire Smith based on the team he has been given, so if he goes, Dorion should go first.
Agreed.

It's even funnier when Melnyk was mocking Toronto's defence before DJ was hired and at the time DJ was in charge of said defence.

Everything this organization does is comical

Reactions: DrEasy and Emrasie

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I take back my earlier statement. I never thought I'd see people actually defending a grown adult man biting another man during the course of a sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad