Puempel - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Pageau - Michalek
Chiasson - Z. Smith - Robinson

Methot - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba/Phillips

Hammond - Anderson

Flip Zibanejad and Pageau once in a while. Create havoc

If you are trading Lazar, a roster player will come back I'd think. Rather trade Chiasson and Smith with a 4th of Prince - Lazar - Robinson

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I want no Neil(Retire pls), Legwand(I don't mind him but we got better in the AHL), Smith(Needs a fresh start somewhere else), or Greening(Buyout) on the team. Lazar in the AHL.

I want Da Costa, Condra, Robinson on the team.

Trade Cowen(Gryba traded if Cowen isn't). Phillips retires.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Da Costa-Ryan
Robinson-Pageau-Condra
Callups: Puempel, Prince, Schneider

or

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Michalek-Pageau-Robinson
Chiasson-Da Costa-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Wier-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Cowen

or

Boro-Ceci
Wiercioch-Gryba
Wideman

WilderPegasus*

You guys are nuts, there's no way BM is sending Lazar to the AHL imo.

Why? You don't think Bryan is going to be lobotomized this summer? Or even if he was he wouldn't be stupid enough to do that?

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
I could see him sending Lazar down for a bit just so that he gets more confidence.

Lazar was thrown into the NHL because he could not go down to AHL and wouldn't benefit by going back to his old team. I think BM will want him to be scoring more, and should spend some time in the AHL to get that middle level of development.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Lol, no, no I do not. BM is in love with the guy, and I see no way that he would send him down after having a pretty solid first year.

"Gesus":

Contracts run the show, up top...................................

If Ottawa wants Lazar to become a center they could send him to Binghamton without trying to sneak another player who is not waiver exempt down...................

That way Lazar could play top line center minutes in Binghamton then when a spot opens up top and he has developed as a center they will call Lazar back up............................

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Prince and Puempel are ready for the NHL. I would like to keep Condra and doubt we won't be seeing Michalek in the lineup

I liked Puempels game when he was up but minus the dumb penalties. He scored a clutch snipe shot against the NYI and I think against Boston twice too. He has good offensive awareness from what I seen.

Yes. Based on what I saw, I think Puempel is about to emerge which should happen next year. He'll come out of the shadows I'd think just like Hoffman and Stone did this year.

Really like Pageau's game. He's a keeper.

I like what I saw of Paul in the world juniors as well. Could see him as a top 6 forward in the future.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i like the idea of a Puempel-Lazar-Chiasson line

puempel and lazar showed some chemistry last camp and i though lazar and chiasson looked good together this year. could be a well balanced bottom 6 line

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Legwand needs to go before the season starts
He has a contract so unless they find a team that are willing to take him he will be on the team whether you like it or not. And they are not going to buy out more than one player & IMO that player could be Greening.

Flip Zibanejad and Pageau once in a while. Create havoc

If you are trading Lazar, a roster player will come back I'd think. Rather trade Chiasson and Smith with a 4th of Prince - Lazar - Robinson

I'm not trading Lazar, I'm sending him to Bingo to regain his offensive game.

I want no Neil(Retire pls), Legwand(I don't mind him but we got better in the AHL), Smith(Needs a fresh start somewhere else), or Greening(Buyout) on the team. Lazar in the AHL.

I want Da Costa, Condra, Robinson on the team.

Trade Cowen(Gryba traded if Cowen isn't). Phillips retires.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Da Costa-Ryan
Robinson-Pageau-Condra
Callups: Puempel, Prince, Schneider

or

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Michalek-Pageau-Robinson
Chiasson-Da Costa-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Wier-Ceci
Boro-Wideman
Cowen

or

Boro-Ceci
Wiercioch-Gryba
Wideman

You can't always get what you want & in your case you will be very disappointed when a lot of the guys you don't want are still on the team to start the season next yr.

"Gesus":

Contracts run the show, up top...................................

If Ottawa wants Lazar to become a center they could send him to Binghamton without trying to sneak another player who is not waiver exempt down...................

That way Lazar could play top line center minutes in Binghamton then when a spot opens up top and he has developed as a center they will call Lazar back up............................

Bingo ... good post!

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
when i think of the lineup possibilities i get excited for next year. For that to happen though, i really need to see some of this, (especially the top 2 lines)

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Chiasson
Prince-Lazar-Condra

try really hard to move the rest of the guys. keep neil around as the 13th

i don't think we need any more forwards via trade of ufa. priority should be a top 4 dman imo(but even that might not be needed depending on our players' progression)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
when i think of the lineup possibilities i get excited for next year. For that to happen though, i really need to see some of this, (especially the top 2 lines)

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Puempel-Pageau-Chiasson
Prince-Lazar-Condra

try really hard to move the rest of the guys. keep neil around as the 13th

i don't think we need any more forwards via trade of ufa. priority should be a top 4 dman imo

Michalek?

I think he slots into Puempel's spot and P goes down to bingo. Otherwise looks good.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Michalek?

I think he slots into Puempel's spot and P goes down to bingo. Otherwise looks good.

i left michalek out cause ideally i'd love for him to be traded (for a valuable asset? bonus)
he's too inconsistent. and ineffective in the playoffs. the young guys are really bonding here now and i think they feed off each other making everyone better. i don't see who michalek really fits with.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
i left michalek out cause ideally i'd love for him to be traded (for a valuable asset? bonus)
he's too inconsistent. and ineffective in the playoffs. the young guys are really bonding here now and i think they feed off each other making everyone better. i don't see who michalek really fits with.
Pittsburgh gets him i think we get a bag of puck.s and cap space

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Chiasson needs to be pulled from that lineup. No hockey IQ

He's so horrible. I look at his stats and wonder how the hell is he a 0,42PPG. I wonder what other GM's think of him and what's his value. I have a feeling some teams would put more value on him because of his height (like Murray did). I say height because he is tall but not strong, very slim guy and doesn't use his ''size'' anyways. He's like a forward version of Wiercioch :laugh: Tall but slight, Slow as a snail. The worse thing is probably that he doesn't create anything, barely ever goes to the net anymore, and is too slow to follow the play.

We should package him for a good player or trade him for a guy like Etem but the Ducks probably wouldn't bite ..

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Of the players who appeared at some point on the Sens roster this past season I see the honest assignments (in comparison to league wide skill/production/career) as follows.....

1st liner: Turris, Ryan
2nd liner: Stone, Zib, Hoff
3rd liner: Mac, Michalek, Pageau
4th liner : Condra, Lazar, Smith, Puempel, Chiasson, Legwand
Extra forward: Prince, Neil

1st pair d-man: karlsson
2nd pair d-man: Methot, Wiercioch
3rd pair d-man: Ceci, Boro, Gryba
Extra d-man: Cowen, Phillips

Starting goaltender: Andy
Backup goaltender: Hammond, Lehner
Depth goaltender: Driedger

Meaning the true depth chart is something like this....

( ) - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Mac - Pageau - Michalek
Condra - Smith - Lazar
Puempel - Legwand - Chiasson
Prince - ( ) - Neil

( ) - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Methot
Boro - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - ( )

Andy/Hammond
Lehner/Driedger

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If Ryan and Turris are 1rst liners then why isn't Stone?

For the rest it's pretty close, Wiercioch is a 3rd pairing though. I'd say Ceci and Condra are arguably 2nd pair and 3rd line but it's kinda in between for both so I don't disagree.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
I think Stone's average skating and lack of experience put him in the '2nd liner' category for now. But I agree he will be a 1st liner.

Wiercioch, in comparison to other 2nd pair defenders league wide, is a 2nd pair defender. Plain and simple. Ceci is not. Yet. And as for Methot he is far from out-of-place as a fixture on the 1st pair beside Karlsson. So the Sens have the luxury of utilizing their d-men in an unconventional way. Maybe that's why Murray is focused on a top six forward instead of a top four defender.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Agree with all of that delchief. Well done.
Course I have Mac on the top line even though he is ideally a 2nd or 3rd line guy because of the chemistry they showed together.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Of the players who appeared at some point on the Sens roster this past season I see the honest assignments (in comparison to league wide skill/production/career) as follows.....

1st liner: Turris, Ryan
2nd liner: Stone, Mac, Zib, Hoff
3rd liner: Michalek, Pageau
4th liner : Condra, Lazar, Smith, Puempel, Chiasson, Legwand
Extra forward: Prince, Neil

1st pair d-man: karlsson
2nd pair d-man: Methot, Wiercioch
3rd pair d-man: Ceci, Boro, Gryba
Extra d-man: Cowen, Phillips

Starting goaltender: Andy
Backup goaltender: Hammond, Lehner
Depth goaltender: Driedger

Meaning the true depth chart is something like this....

( ) - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Mac - Pageau - Michalek
Condra - Smith - Lazar
Puempel - Legwand - Chiasson
Prince - ( ) - Neil

( ) - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Methot
Boro - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - ( )

Andy/Hammond
Lehner/Driedger

Stone is probably out best forward right now. And he certainly is a first liner.

Gotta question your judgement if you don't see that.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think Stone's average skating and lack of experience put him in the '2nd liner' category for now. But I agree he will be a 1st liner.

I'm alright if you say lack of experience but his ''average skating'' is better than Ryan right now who's a top line forward according to your post. He put up 10 points more and 8 goals more than Ryan and flat out outplayed him so one of those two isn't in the right category unless you really put that much emphasis on experience. Stone's hockey IQ(still close), defensive awareness is better than Ryan also so I don't see how one is higher than the other. Ryan at his best plays like Stone did last season unless you go 5 years back when he played in Anaheim ..

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Stone is probably out best forward right now. And he certainly is a first liner.

Gotta question your judgement if you don't see that.

Ryan gets paid 7mil and Needs to be better than stone right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad