Line Combos: Sens True Depth Chart

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
That number 2 d spot is where we need to focus (even if they're bumped to the 2nd pairing). That would instantly make a huge difference for our club.

Totally agree, that should be our number 1 focus.

I would love it if we somehow managed to get Stone out of Arizona

Methot-Karlsson
Stone-Ceci
Wiercioch-Borowiecki

BigBush*

Stone is a RHD and plays the right side! :shakehead

But he's Mark Stones brother, he must be amazing at hockey!!

He would be a nice upgrade over Cowen/Gryba though on the bottom pairing with Boro

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Lazar-Pageau-Condra
Michalek-Legwand-Chiasson
Puempel

Methot-Karlsson
Wier-Ceci
Boro-Gryba
Cowen

Interchange Mac/Milo and Cowen/Wier if need be here and there.

Exactly the same as what I would have. Average height of about 6'2" and an average weight of just over 200. Everyone in the top 6 is a 20 goal scorer (Mac likely would have hit it again.) The third line is killer and the 4th line can do a lot of damage of the forecheck. I'd love to see how this lineup does against a team that doesn't have a lot of size, like the Habs, Wings, or Bolts.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Lazar-Pageau-Condra
Michalek-Legwand-Chiasson
Puempel

Methot-Karlsson
Wier-Ceci
Boro-Gryba
Cowen

Interchange Mac/Milo and Cowen/Wier if need be here and there.

Agree with this.

At a high level, this is not the top 6 required to typically be a Stanley Cup contender based on the defacto blueprint, but the idea that the bottom 6 could become somewhat elite over the next two years is the intriguing question.

Could Pageau, Lazar and one of Puempel, Prince, Chiasson and Michalek create a third scoring line? And a fourth line of two of those players along with Zack Smith and/or Condra?

If Legwand and a few other veterans were gone, I'd be tempted to bring Da Costa back for yet another bonafide scoring option. We're going to be pretty thin at scoring center right now if either Turris or Zibby go down. Pageau is stepping up, but relying on Legwand or Smith beyond 4th line duties at this point (or even next year) would be a mistake. Center is the thinnest position long-term on the team right now.

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
OK what are we thinking for Game 2?

Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Michalek
Condra - Pageau - Lazar
Chiasson - Legwand - Neil

LETS GET IT GOING BOBBY

dpw

Jul 29, 2004

Condra - Pageau - Lazar

LETS GET IT GOING BOBBY

Replace Leggers with smith

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Condra - Pageau - Lazar

LETS GET IT GOING BOBBY

Thinking more that Hoffman as a finisher would be better than Condra. Condra goes to the net for sure and he covers well when the others are pushing - but he just can not finish. Should have been a goal in the last 5 minutes with that empty net and Price down. Not even close.

MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Hoffman - Pageau -- Lazar
Condra - Zibanejad - Ryan
Smith - Legwand - Chiasson

Issue is our 4th line does not match up there's for robust play.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Condra - Pageau - Lazar

LETS GET IT GOING BOBBY

not going to happen but i would put smith in for legwand and go with what you have. If stone is not in that is.

BM hinted today that Robinson would be the first RW callup from bingo

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Game 2

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Smith - Legwand - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Boroweicki - Gryba

Hammond - Anderson

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This is what I was rolling with in NHL 15 and it was, like, real good

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Prince-Pageau-Chiasson
Puempel-Lazar-Robinson

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Prince-Pageau-Chiasson
Puempel-Lazar-Robinson

That could very well be our lineup to start next year. Although I'd like to have some more sandpaper in there. I could see Robinson and Neil splitting time on the fourth line.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That could very well be our lineup to start next year. Although I'd like to have some more sandpaper in there. I could see Robinson and Neil splitting time on the fourth line.

I very much doubt that by the start of the season we'll have found a new home for Michalek, Legwand, Neil, and Smith. I mean, one or two in the pressbox could happen, but I doubt all four to make room for 3 rookies.

I expect we'll see a very similar roster to the one that played Mtl in the playoffs with maybe Puempel instead of Condra.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I very much doubt that by the start of the season we'll have found a new home for Michalek, Legwand, Neil, and Smith. I mean, one or two in the pressbox could happen, but I doubt all four to make room for 3 rookies.

I expect we'll see a very similar roster to the one that played Mtl in the playoffs with maybe Puempel instead of Condra.

Yip, you're right it will be hard to jettison all those guys. But Michalek and Legwand would be the easier pieces to move. Neil and Smith I could still see usefulness. Even if they start out as scratches.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Puempel instead of Condra could be huge, that line could really use someone who has a nose for the net

Letting Condra go will suck but the roster spot it will open up could be a bigger deal than we realize

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Condra's strengths are centered around his defensive awareness and ability to cover off when Pageau attacks. But the guy just can not put the puck in the net.

Time after time he was so close with noting to show for it. But his PK is above average.

Puempel will score, but can he pick up the defensive awareness Condra had to "slot" in. That 3rd line will be a good one with any of the centres we have in the top 4 (Turris, Zibanejad, Pageau, Lazar). Condra adds a good presence in the bottom 6. All that said, it's also Prince time.

Our LW should be based around MacArthur, Hoffman, Puempel, Prince maybe Condra

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Prince-Pageau-Chiasson
Puempel-Lazar-Robinson

That's too young. Way too young. MacArthur is 30, Ryan is 28. Everyone else is 25 and younger.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
That's too young. Way too young. MacArthur is 30, Ryan is 28. Everyone else is 25 and younger.

Well we have Gryba, Methot and Anderson on the back end.

Does it really matter if Turris if turris and hoffman are 26 playing with some 23 year olds?

I mean the sens captain is 24

The minute you start saying you need older guys because of them being older your in trouble. Performance is all that matters.

Ceci was statistically the worst player in the playoffs for ottawa
2nd Neil
3rd Legwand

I wouldnt mind Lazar if the AHL and have a vet 4th line center

I dont see age being an issue. Once a guy is over 25 and been in the years a few years i dont think it should be a factor at all. If we were playing 4 21-18 year olds i'd have an issue with it but we arent

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Prince and Puempel are ready for the NHL. I would like to keep Condra and doubt we won't be seeing Michalek in the lineup

Xamar*

I liked Puempels game when he was up but minus the dumb penalties. He scored a clutch snipe shot against the NYI and I think against Boston twice too. He has good offensive awareness from what I seen.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To Start the Season:

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Z. Smith - Legwand - Chiasson/Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Gryba/Phillips

Anderson - Hammond