Sens Tank Nation Part 1- The Fruit of Futility

Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Hughes was LHD last time I checked? Did someone have us drafting Hughes in their mock? Anyway I'm not sure where you were going with this but if you don't see the humor in us drafting a 5'10 RHD with our 1st pick...

Sakic is drafting for need with his top picks nowadays so it wouldn't happen anyway (D + D in 2017 and RW + G in 2018). A smallish RHD prospect is literally the very last thing we need.

I think he meant Jack Hughes, who's a 5'10" center

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I wonder where Cozens will end up being picked. Starting to like his game a lot and I noticed Canada had him taking face offs on the PK. He would go to the bench right after to let another guy kill the penalty.

Big scoring right shot C who seems to be very good on the dot sounds good to me. Anyone have a scouting report or comparison of his game style?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He's solidly in and around the Top 10 on most early lists I have seen. Still a lot to happen but yeah next years draft is going to be extremely deep down the middle.

Obviously Hughes is at the top, but then you have at least 2 more Franchise Level Centers in the making in Turcotte and Newhook. Then after that you still have Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Suzuki, etc. etc.

With the Avs currently having a hole at the 2C spot and no immediate solution, its a very good draft to have a pair of 1st round picks in. Especially one that stands a great chance to be well inside the Top 10. We'll have a good opportunity to draft a Center that not only has legit 2C upside but a good bet to be a 1C caliber player as well.

We really should get a 2019 NHL draft thread going pretty soon :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's solidly in and around the Top 10 on most early lists I have seen. Still a lot to happen but yeah next years draft is going to be extremely deep down the middle.

Obviously Hughes is at the top, but then you have at least 2 more Franchise Level Centers in the making in Turcotte and Newhook. Then after that you still have Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Suzuki, etc. etc.

With the Avs currently having a hole at the 2C spot and no immediate solution, its a very good draft to have a pair of 1st round picks in. Especially one that stands a great chance to be well inside the Top 10. We'll have a good opportunity to draft a Center that not only has legit 2C upside but a good bet to be a 1C caliber player as well.

We really should get a 2019 NHL draft thread going pretty soon :laugh:

Agreed. Come on @S E P H!

Reactions: S E P H

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Five ways Ottawa Senators' season could play out - Sportsnet.ca

But beyond that, it feels like any kind of success on the ice would be tied to a lack of drama off of it. That includes any kind of panic moves around Karlsson, Stone or Duchene. It also probably means that Eugene Melnyk is locked in a storage closet somewhere deep in the bowels of the arena and isn’t allowed to talk to the media or anyone else.

:laugh:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Even if you don't believe in karma, there's no need to be smug. I'm fine with keeping the thread title as is but once it reaches the 1000 post limit I do hope the new one has a better title.
Something descriptive but neutral, like #SensWatch.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I do think some Avs posters should dial it back on the main boards. Try to remember we were the laughing stock of the league less than a year ago, it's our job to be better than the jackasses who mocked us on a daily basis.

Do the honorable thing and put that engery into bringing Leaf fans down a peg :sarcasm:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Personally dont believe in the Karma stuff whatsoever and dont really care if we're hurting the feelings of Sens fans by speaking the truth either.

That team is the exact same team this upcoming season that finished 30th in the league last year. They didn't add anyone of value and actually loss one of the very few Top 6 forwards they actually had. They keep pointing to the Avs as the prime example of a team that can go from very bad to good in just a year or less, but they dont realize the Avs turned over more then half of its roster from the 16/17 season into the 17/18 season including the removal of a tonne of older guys who couldn't even find NHL jobs afterwards. The Sens dont have that kind of turnover and thus are going into the season with largely the same roster(I'd argue its actually worse) and expecting different results.

They may not finish in 30th again but they're not going to compete for a playoff spot in the Atlantic. Not with Toronto, Boston, and Tampa in the division. Those 3 teams have that division locked up for the foreseeable future.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Next thread should be titled "Don't let the Dorion high five you on the way out".

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What about "#SensWatch: Countdown to Hughes"?

Or like there are dance-offs and cook-offs, you could call it a Jack-off.

"The Jack-off: Countdown to Hughes".

Aim a little lower for Newhook. You know all that low expectations and pleasant surprise stuff.

There has to be some catchy ones for Newhook too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad