Sens Tank Nation Part 1- The Fruit of Futility

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I do think some Avs posters should dial it back on the main boards. Try to remember we were the laughing stock of the league less than a year ago, it's our job to be better than the jackasses who mocked us on a daily basis.

Do the honorable thing and put that engery into bringing Leaf fans down a peg :sarcasm:

Totally agree. Sens fans have been pretty good for the most part to us. Its not like those Sabre fans who were talking constant shit after the ROR trade. Most of those jack asses are probably regretting that trade now with how Z is turning out and the fact ROR got sent to the lou.

Reactions: Balthazar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I tend to make it during the mid-phase of August, but if you guys want it I can make it later today?

Whatever works for you. I'm more excited than usual to start learning more about the non-Hughes prospects because of the two 1st round picks.

Reactions: S E P H

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
One man's Melnyk is another man's Hughes.

Aim a little lower for Newhook. You know all that low expectations and pleasant surprise stuff.

There has to be some catchy ones for Newhook too.
No. From now on, I will insert Hughes into all of the numerous projected lineups I will produce for no reason in the rumor thread.

Reactions: missionAvs

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I feel bad for most Sens fans with their current situation but as an Avs fan, I can't help but root for complete chaos next season. After that I hope they recover and get back on track, which they could do with some of the young pieces they have coming up in the next few years. I feel like we are being pretty cruel but it's not really harmful if it's kept on this board and I guarantee they'd be doing the same if the roles were reversed.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If the Sens do end up being a mess next season, there will be a lot of glee in Avs land. I just hope we can keep all of that glee on our own board.
True. Should make it a thing where we keep the joy contained on this board and not go into Sens land or the dreaded mains to gloat. The Sens were a shot away from the cup finals to an utter disaster the next season. The same shitty luck can happen to us this coming season with any key injuries and both Varly and Grubauer shitting the bed and I really don't feel like having to put up with the jokes and memes about the Avs like we did a few seasons ago haha. I guess the bright side in that is we will double our chances at Hughes.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I'm in agreement with everyone here that the Avs' success in the draft lottery next year will come at the cost of the Sens' failure. All I'm saying is we don't need to rub it in the faces of Sens fans here on HF. Karma or not, I wouldn't want them to do the same to us if we were in their current situation. Why make it more painful for them for no reason? They clearly know their team won't be good. Might as well let them suffer in peace. Not sure about all of you, but I know that's what I wanted during the 48 point season.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
@Pokecheque Can we call the next thread f&@k Dorian? Pray for his downfall?

Well I'm not necessarily praying for his downfall, he's done the Avs some favors. :laugh:

TBH I'm not sure I want any of these GMs to be canned, except maybe Benning because I have quite a few friends who are Canucks fans, and Vancouver is an awesome city. But I'm also reluctant to root for a GM to be fired because it opens the possibility of that walking turd Dean Lombardi to get another gig.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well I'm not necessarily praying for his downfall, he's done the Avs some favors. :laugh:

TBH I'm not sure I want any of these GMs to be canned, except maybe Benning because I have quite a few friends who are Canucks fans, and Vancouver is an awesome city. But I'm also reluctant to root for a GM to be fired because it opens the possibility of that walking turd Dean Lombardi to get another gig.

They're just holding off on becoming competitive so their window will open about the same time Seattle's will. Those rivalries are everything.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They're just holding off on becoming competitive so their window will open about the same time Seattle's will. Those rivalries are everything.
Vancouver does have some really nice pieces, Benning/ownership just have no patience. I'm waiting for them to move Pettersson for Bjugstad or somebody like that because they want to hurry up and win some games instead of waiting a couple more years for him to develop.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Vancouver does have some really nice pieces, Benning/ownership just have no patience. I'm waiting for them to move Pettersson for Bjugstad or somebody like that because they want to hurry up and win some games instead of waiting a couple more years for him to develop.

I fully expect Sakic to destroy their prospect system with a TB4 trade next off-season. I do think they and Arizona both will be better than last year though.

Arizona is actually kind of scary for us bubble teams now that they have NHL quality goaltending.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Neither should I....

Unless it's a dachshund.

I have one of those, and it's my wife's fault. He pees himself when you walk in the door, barks at his shadow and everything else, bites our friends when they come over, gets worked up every time someone touches the baby, shits and pisses three feet outside the door in the winter, and is starting to have random minor health crap that requires a 300$ vet bill two or three times a year.

Every day I wish I was enough of an asshole to put an electric bark collar on that dog, but I just can't do it.

He was a rescue, but a fairly young dog when my wife got him. (prior to us getting together)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
How much worse would it have to get before the league stepped in and started to separate the owner from the team? I mean, Phoenix...errr Arizona had a lot of questionable owners with piss poor finances and a pretty stupid arena deal/location but while ownership was incompetent I don't believe they ever really reached this level of insanity either.

I actually feel bad for the Sens fan because what can they do? Hope for a change of ownership? With the financial situation as is and how bad that team is likely to become in the next few years, I have to think that a change of ownership without a new arena deal already in place could potentially involve a change of location as well.

While I love the idea of getting a pretty high 1st from them next summer, I don't really have any appetite to hang it over their fan base and gloat about it. The AVs have been a pretty tough team to be a fan of for the last decade or so, and the Sens appear to be heading to a worse situation. Think I'll quietly sit back and enjoy the show from the sidelines but not get involved past this post.

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How much worse would it have to get before the league stepped in and started to separate the owner from the team?
Certainly not before there's another owner in place. I highly doubt they want to live the Phoenix fiasco again.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The further we get from the end of the season, the more I think they’ll overachieve. Nothing too crazy, but we end up with a pick closer to 15 than 1. They save their tank for after one of the bleakest off seasons in modern NHL in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad