Sens Tank Nation Part 1- The Fruit of Futility

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Just imagine if the Sens don't get Sergachev and optimize the trade on dumping Ryan per pressure from Eugene Melnyk?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Would he though? The avs wouldn't be in nearly as good of a position if they didn't trade him(pipeline & chemistry wise). We should be thanking Dutchy for giving up on this team, it was a blessing in disguise.
Fair point. Still though. I'm not sure he can really ask for a trade, I think it'd make him look bad.

Reactions: S3rkie

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I've been looking at the Sens board, and according to the Sens faithful, this is their likely lineup next season not counting anything they get in a Karlsson trade and assuming Ryan and Anderson aren't moved.

Ryan Dzingel - Matt Duchene - Mark Stone
Mikkel Boedker - Jean Gabriel Pageau - Bobby Ryan*
Zack Smith - Colin White - Marian Gaborik
Magnus Paajarvi - Nick Paul - Tom Pyatt
Max McCormick

Thomas Chabot - Cody Ceci
Christian Wolanin - Chris Wideman
Mark Borowiecki - Ben Harpur

Craig Anderson*
Mike Condon

Unless they go purely for roster players in a Karlsson trade, I don't see how they're not a lottery team.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I've been looking at the Sens board, and according to the Sens faithful, this is their likely lineup next season not counting anything they get in a Karlsson trade and assuming Ryan and Anderson aren't moved.

Ryan Dzingel - Matt Duchene - Mark Stone
Mikkel Boedker - Jean Gabriel Pageau - Bobby Ryan*
Zack Smith - Colin White - Marian Gaborik
Magnus Paajarvi - Nick Paul - Tom Pyatt
Max McCormick

Thomas Chabot - Cody Ceci
Christian Wolanin - Chris Wideman
Mark Borowiecki - Ben Harpur

Craig Anderson*
Mike Condon

Unless they go purely for roster players in a Karlsson trade, I don't see how they're not a lottery team.

Might be some improvement when inserting the prospects...:laugh:

Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Logan Brown
Alex Formenton
Drake Batherson
Filip Chlapik

Still terrible and cannot see them finishing higher than the bottom 5. I think it would be close with BUF, MTL and NYI challenging for last overall.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Might be some improvement when inserting the prospects...:laugh:

Brady Tkachuk
Colin White
Logan Brown
Alex Formenton
Drake Batherson
Filip Chlapik

Still terrible and cannot see them finishing higher than the bottom 5. I think it would be close with BUF, MTL and NYI challenging for last overall.

Well I had White in there already, but Tkachuk is likely going back to college, Brown might still not be ready (Sens fans didn't put him in the roster at least), and the others probably aren't ready yet either.

In any case, the good news for us is even with Karlsson in the lineup it's not a good team. I also personally enjoy the fact that Duchene left Colorado to avoid the exact situation he now finds himself in. Serves him right.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Well I had White in there already, but Tkachuk is likely going back to college, Brown might still not be ready (Sens fans didn't put him in the roster at least), and the others probably aren't ready yet either.

In any case, the good news for us is even with Karlsson in the lineup it's not a good team. I also personally enjoy the fact that Duchene left Colorado to avoid the exact situation he now finds himself in. Serves him right.

I actually believe Duchene is in a worse situation than the AVs terrible 2016/17 season. At least the future seemed brighter with prospects and picks regardless of the Team Standings. Sens are a mess with the personnel and ownership.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
My guess is Duchene will leave in free agency for Nashville

Duchene loves Nashville, but wouldn't be surprised if he decides on a major city LAK or NYR. MTL might be a possibility as well. I think he wants to being a winner, but a big city not only will result in a big payday it'll include the recognition he seems to crave.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
If the Sens are smart they'll trade him before that happens. That's a big if though.

I think that they should trade him too but I'm not sure that they will. Teams that trade for him will likely want an extension in place unless it's a deadline rental deal. It's rare someone of duchenes age and skill gets moved at the deadline though.

Duchene loves Nashville, but wouldn't be surprised if he decides on a major city LAK or NYR. MTL might be a possibility as well. I think he wants to being a winner, but a big city not only will result in a big payday it'll include the recognition he seems to crave.

I think Duchene will be more likely to want to go to a winner. Nashville is in a good spot to add him and be a contender.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think that they should trade him too but I'm not sure that they will. Teams that trade for him will likely want an extension in place unless it's a deadline rental deal. It's rare someone of duchenes age and skill gets moved at the deadline though.

I think Duchene will be more likely to want to go to a winner. Nashville is in a good spot to add him and be a contender.

I could see him getting moved at the deadline if he hasn't signing an extension with Ottawa and they're out of playoff contention. It would be unusual, but nothing about Ottawa is usual right now.

As for Nashville, yeah he might want to go there, but they already have Johansen and Turris locked up long term for a total of 14M. With most of their defense currently underpaid, I doubt they could afford to add him.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I could see him getting moved at the deadline if he hasn't signing an extension with Ottawa and they're out of playoff contention. It would be unusual, but nothing about Ottawa is usual right now.

As for Nashville, yeah he might want to go there, but they already have Johansen and Turris locked up long term for a total of 14M. With most of their defense currently underpaid, I doubt they could afford to add him.

AVs will be ready to catch what players NSH needs to jettison for Duchene.

Imagine if that player is Turris...:laugh:

Reactions: MarkT

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
We got jumped from 1st to 4th because of the lottery, should we hope that Sens stay out of the 1st and linger around 3-6 overall?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Has this already been discussed about the range that we hope for the Sens to end up before a lottery?

A lot depends on what happens with Karlsson/Ryan/Stone but I'd put their ceiling at bottom 10 in the league.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
We got jumped from 1st to 4th because of the lottery, should we hope that Sens stay out of the 1st and linger around 3-6 overall?

I feel pretty good that the one time the Sens manage to win the lottery is when someone else has their pick.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't think I'm being optimistic feeling that the Sens get out of the bottom 5-7 in the league. So wdoomsday scenario: the 10th pick. Right now there are about 10 forwards I like in 2019 off the top of my head: Hughes, Kaapo Kakko, Alex Turcotte, Alex Newhook, Dylan Cozens, Kirby Dach, Peyton Krebs, Cole Caufield, Nolan Foote, Ryan Suzuki. Not to mention there should be 1-3 Defensemen in taken in the top 9.

Add even your least favorite of those names in the blank and how does the deal look to you?

Sam Girard
Shane Bowers
Vladislav Kamenev
Andrew Hammond
Justus Annunen
Danila Zhuravlyon

Reactions: Bender and MarkT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad