I was tempted, but I thought using that gif twice in one month was too much

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sens have always hyped Ceci up, so it's not strange he has an inflated sense of his value.

Dreger speculated about a potential Ceci for Ottawa swap:

"That trade was Taylor Hall for I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci – so it would have been Hall for Ceci. (It) had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership. And before they could get clearance, Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I know you gotta start high, but not that high. I mean, he did play the toughest minutes for Ottawa last season, but he was also absolutely brutal playing them. I honestly don't know how he can come in and make this his opening ask? If I was him I'd be pleased to get a little bit above what the team is actually offering.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I know you gotta start high, but not that high. I mean, he did play the toughest minutes for Ottawa last season, but he was also absolutely brutal playing them. I honestly don't know how he can come in and make this his opening ask? If I was him I'd be pleased to get a little bit above what the team is actually offering.
Maybe it's a guy wanting to find a way out of Ottawa by asking that high? Seems like the popular thing to do these days in Ottawa lol.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Sens have always hyped Ceci up, so it's not strange he has an inflated sense of his value.

"That trade was Taylor Hall for I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci – so it would have been Hall for Ceci. (It) had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership. And before they could get clearance, Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson.

Hahahaha oh man that would have been brutal for the Oilers.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I wonder what Stones numbers are gonna be. No way he should make it to arbitration but it’s the Sens so...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Haha Chiarelli.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Man that would've been hilarious on th Oilers part. Ceci sucks balls... 3 million is being generous.

Reactions: S E P H

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think he's a UFA next year anyway (provided he doesn't sign a contract w/ OTT or whichever team he is on at the end of this upcoming season).
Yep you’re correct. My post was directed at the dumb differential between two sides. Stone shooting slightly high and Ottawa shooting WAY too low would lead to the arbitrator siding with Stone. His highball ask would lead to him getting overpaid for one year and then signing wherever in the hell he wants a year from now with a likely long term overpay like most UFA contracts.

Either way Stone and his agent have played this as perfect as they possibly could. Good on them. Quickest ticket out of Ottawa possible.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Stone is a UFA if he gets his contract through arb as he will be 27 before July 1st 2019. I think these numbers are far more reasonable than the Ceci ones.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
That is a major lowball offer if I've ever seen one. 9m is slightly high (I'd say 8 is his value) but 5m offer is just laughable. My guess is he gets 7.5-8 in arbitration then jumps ship next year and gets paid/gets traded and gets paid what hes worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->