Sens Tank Nation Part 1- The Fruit of Futility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Just took a quick stroll over on the Sens board and here’s a few things that were posted just today.

- Karlsson will re-sign if not traded by this weekend.
- Stone filing for arbitration is great and now they’ll get an 8 year extension done.(fun fact, they’ve had 370 days to get one of those done and there hasn’t been a rumor of anything being remotely close)
- Several discussions of how well Brayden Point will fit into their lineup since he’ll be part of the return.

Those poor guys. I love the optimism and I really feel bad for them but wow.
the_nile_river.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We've gone through some dark times as Avs fans but the lack of good news for Sens this off-season is the worst I ever seen. It's punch after punch.

Dorion needs to lock up Duchene or Stone soon just to get some good momentum going.

Reactions: MacBradley

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Man, brutal times in Ottawa. I'm starting to think we will win the first overall with their pick. Icing on the cake..

I wonder how Duchenes feeling? Brutal few years. Shit show to shit show. No way anyone expected this. He was so happy to go Ottawa..

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Fingers crossed that the Karlsson trade only returns prospects/picks and no good roster players to the Sens.

I'm sure they will land at least very good roster player or blue chip prospect who can make some influence immediately. They would be crazy to trade Karlsson for only futures package.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Man, brutal times in Ottawa. I'm starting to think we will win the first overall with their pick. Icing on the cake..

I wonder how Duchenes feeling? Brutal few years. **** show to **** show. No way anyone expected this. He was so happy to go Ottawa..
It's all Sakic's masterplan. Trade ROR to Buffalo, trade Duchene somewhere even worse, although no one else saw it coming. Don't mess with Snowblower Joe.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

I wonder how Duchenes feeling? Brutal few years. **** show to **** show. No way anyone expected this. He was so happy to go Ottawa..

You kinda gotta wonder if he’ll talk extension with them. If he’s willing to request a trade out of Colorado to avoid a rebuild, how hard would it be just to decline to extend in Ottawa and have your pick of any team in about 12 months?

I honestly don’t understand why any UFA would elect to sign there right now. There’s hope in every other franchise, including Buffalo and NYI. But when your owner is almost working against you, it’s going to be nearly impossible to ice a competitive team. I wonder if at some point Bettman will have to step in.

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm really really glad I'm not a Sens fan. To me it's in some ways worse than just being a bad team. That's because the situation isn't hopeless. If they went full rebuild and tore it all down, traded everyone (Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Zach Smith, Tom Pyatt, Anderson and Borowiecki) and made sure Karlsson or Stone went to us in a deal involving their 1st, I think their future would be looking very bright. They'd likely be terrible this season and next, but fans would have a lot of hope, and all those trades would hopefully land them a buttload of picks and prospects to make up the future of the team.

Instead it looks like they're going to stubbornly try to ice a competitive team this season, likely fail at it, and then end up losing their best players for nothing in free agency. Think about it - they have a realistic chance of losing their three best players (Karlsson, Stone, Duchene), for absolutely nothing one year from now.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sakic broke the Sens. They would probably have such an easier off-season if they just had their own 1st round pick for the upcoming year.

Even on the Sens board, there's some serious remorse that they didn't give up that 4th overall. Especially to pass on Zadina and take Tkachuk.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Who cares it’s a lesson for him. He could’ve had it good if he bought into what was happening in Co instead.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Who cares it’s a lesson for him. He could’ve had it good if he bought into what was happening in Co instead.
Would he though? The avs wouldn't be in nearly as good of a position if they didn't trade him(pipeline & chemistry wise). We should be thanking Dutchy for giving up on this team, it was a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: McMetal

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Even on the Sens board, there's some serious remorse that they didn't give up that 4th overall. Especially to pass on Zadina and take Tkachuk.
I wouldn't take Tkachuk in trade for next year's pick. Zadina yes, but I'll take the chance on next year's pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad